The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eventually there will be a release where I think, “Nope... I know that’s not for me.”

I’ve bought them all so far including albums/artists I wasn’t totally familiar with. In each case, I’ve found something to like about them. And in some cases, I’ve discovered new music that blows me away. So I haven’t regretted any purchase.

But especially with a small, fixed number (versus a one or two week ordering window), it feels wrong to buy something that I just know I won’t like, probably because it’s an artist I never enjoyed or an album I didn’t like.

While the siren song of “complete the whole set and don’t have a number gap on the shelf” always draws me and my PayPal account to the rocky shore, I do feel legitimately bad for people who didn’t get something they’d enjoy.

So at some point (maybe tomorrow?) there will come the first one where I tell myself “Pass. Let others have a shot at it.”... and then try to go back to sleep.

Eventually there will be a release where I think, “Nope... I know that’s not for me.”

I’ve bought them all so far including albums/artists I wasn’t totally familiar with. In each case, I’ve found something to like about them. And in some cases, I’ve discovered new music that blows me away. So I haven’t regretted any purchase.

But especially with a small, fixed number (versus a one or two week ordering window), it feels wrong to buy something that I just know I won’t like, probably because it’s an artist I never enjoyed or an album I didn’t like.

While the siren song of “complete the whole set and don’t have a number gap on the shelf” always draws me and my PayPal account to the rocky shore, I do feel legitimately bad for people who didn’t get something they’d enjoy.

So at some point (maybe tomorrow?) there will come the first one where I tell myself “Pass. Let others have a shot at it.”... and then try to go back to sleep.
I would be highly conflicted with an ABBA

Last edited:
I didn’t order the Gilbert O’Sullivan cuz I didn’t like it when I tested on Apple, but now I have the missing number in my collection and I wish I did get it.
My experience is even with the low 1000 order of Ten Years After, everyone on QQ got there’s on the first day.
People on QQ will be looking at this thread tomorrow and someone who gets the announcement will certainly post a new thread.
I’ll be looking around 6:30 California time morning and I am not worried at all.
More so, I hope I will like the music.
Can’t wait to get Space In Time.

I didn’t order the Gilbert O’Sullivan cuz I didn’t like it when I tested on Apple, but now I have the missing number in my collection and I wish I did get it.
My experience is even with the low 1000 order of Ten Years After, everyone on QQ got there’s on the first day.
People on QQ will be looking at this thread tomorrow and someone who gets the announcement will certainly post a new thread.
I’ll be looking around 6:30 California time morning and I am not worried at all.
More so, I hope I will like the music.
Can’t wait to get Space In Time.
You da man MP! We got your back.......I'll be watching.

May not be the next one but the Peter Gabriel album is getting a big push by SDE.
Would also love to see Inxs greatest hits get another shot and maybe a Re-issue plus Atmos of Propaganda’s A secret wish over the next 12 releases
I'm in for Peter Gabriel, but not for Abba or Dolly, never liked either of them. ;)

Something is wonky with this thread. Posts from page 50 are repeated on page 51 and the post that I know I read indicating the new SDE dylan release is now gone. Strange. But if you go to the SDE site, you will see that it is indeed Dylan's Time out of Mind.

Last edited:
Back