The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just FYI - we always ship international orders as early as we can so that you get the item as close to release date as possible. However normally the earliest about a week earlier than release (the Friday before). The stock did indeed arrive on Friday but the whole 'goods in' process takes around a day, which is why shipping started today. I think if you are in America you are going to have to be lucky to get your goods in 5 working days, but really this is the best we can do. Certainly better than shipping on the 9th. In general, labels tend to not give 'new release' stock to retailers until the Tuesday before release, so as it is we're getting special treatment, to a degree. UK orders are likely to start shipping on Wednesday, possibly Tuesday. Bearing in mind there are almost 7,000 units to ship, so your patience is always appreciated. Cheers, Paul

New Order would be cool!

BTW If anyone has some random questions about Tears For Fears and The Hurting I'll do my best to answer... :)
Hi Paul,
Do you see a re-release of the other TFF title you had? I missed it 1st time around.
..& Thank you for all you are doing for Hi-rez surround physical media.

Do you see a re-release of the other TFF title you had? I missed it 1st time around.
..& Thank you for all you are doing for Hi-rez surround physical media.
Thank you. Another run of The Tipping Point is very unlikely, I'm afraid. There has actually been two editions so I feel like we did our best to cater for people who missed out originally!

Last edited:
Frankly, no. There was already two editions of The Tipping Point.

Thank you. Another run of The Tipping Point is very unlikely, I'm afraid. There has actually been two editions so I feel like we did our best to cater for people who missed out originally!
First a HUGE thank you for getting us the four TFF titles. The first three are so fantastic, really looking forward to what my mailwoman will bring me the in the next few days. Was there ever discussion on doing the b-sides in 5.1 - were the multis out there?

First a HUGE thank you for getting us the four TFF titles. The first three are so fantastic, really looking forward to what my mailwoman will bring me the in the next few days. Was there ever discussion on doing the b-sides in 5.1 - were the multis out there?
No, there wasn't any discussion. With these blu-rays, it's very hard to get beyond the actual album. Normally the label has made the decision to create an Atmos Mix (primarily for streaming) so bonus content is hard to get and if you do get something it's likely to be stereo only. I'm sure the multis exist but everyone is working to a budget. We were very lucky with The Hurting because Steven Wilson found those Mike Howlett versions and partly because he has a great relationship with the band, they got approved. It was remarkably generous of TFF and Universal to allow them to be included on the blu-ray. Obviously, I'd love to include remixes, B-sides etc. but the process doesn't really work like that. You've never going to get all the chocolates from the box!

Back