THX Roomcaster. Surround sound via wireless networks!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmt

THX® ROOMCASTER®
THX and Radiient Technologies have partnered to offer THX® Roomcaster®, an ultra-wideband (UWB) wireless technology that enables the delivery of reliable, high quality surround sound in your home.

As the transition is made from the wired to wireless world, THX Roomcaster gives you the ability to experience interference-free 5.1 and 7.1 music, movie and video game soundtracks over a wireless network. This technology enables true, surround sound audio experiences without interference from cordless phones, WiFi and other electronic devices.

THX Roomcaster Features & Benefits

THX Roomcaster delivers sound quality that is comparable to anything in the wired world. And it moves the wireless experience away from the crowded, interference prone 2.4 GHz frequencies.

THX Roomcaster operates in the 3.1-to-10.6 GHz range and is built upon the standard WiMedia Ultra-Wideband (UWB) radio frequency to deliver uncompressed audio, with the potential to support high definition video in future applications.

THX Roomcaster Features & Benefits:

INTERFERENCE FREE
Operates in the 3.1-to-10.6 GHz range, avoiding the crowded 2.4 GHz space, minimizing interference from other electronic devices

HIGH QUALITY
Transmits uncompressed, surround sound with no dropout

HIGH BANDWIDTH
Currently supports 24-bit, 8 channels of audio for 5.1 and 7.1 surround – with bandwidth potential to support HD video content

UNINTERRUPTED
Smart, mesh wireless network actively transmits and receives signals between all speakers in real-time for optimized performance – without interruption

EXPANDABLE
Simple to add new devices to the home theater chain - detects other THX Roomcaster-enabled devices within a system and automatically configures them

How THX Roomcaster Works

AV manufacturers embed THX Roomcaster UWB Modules into components to enable them to transmit and receive content wirelessly. The modules can be integrated into devices, including iPod® docks, game consoles, set top boxes, Blu-ray/DVD players, AV receivers, speakers, HDTVs, computers and headphones.

THX Roomcaster creates smart, wireless surround-sound systems that actively transmit and receive signals between all speakers in real-time. If one speaker is receiving a weak signal, another speaker will automatically retransmit the signal to it without interruption.

The result? A reliable surround sound experience—free of speaker wire.

If you are a consumer who wants to wirelessly enable an existing home theater system, check out the Radiient Early Adapter Kit featuring THX Roomcaster.

http://thx.com/technologies/roomcaster/index.html

Looks promising! What do you guys think?

free of speaker wire doesn't mean free of power cord. Does anybody have wall plugs in every corner? Or the speakers are battery-operated?
And there is a big problem... what to do with the gold-plated oxygen-free nopetrol-sleeved ultra cable you just got for only 99.99$ per 10 inch? :)

Interesting idea none the less....

For only $1979 for 1 source adapter and 6 speaker backpack adapters bundle, you too can get rid of your wires!!!

Now if the wireless remotes were attached to 50W monoblocks...

Just ask yourself, "What would Tesla Do?"

yeah kinda excessive, but I can stream my dts files to my Denon AVP-A1HD to my room from my pc wirelessly no problem, so ..... its fine to me!

Wireless electricity was Telsa's dream. He believed there was a way to do it but we just don't know how yet.

IIRC, Tesla channeled the Earth's electricity wirelessly. Way ahead of his time. We're still in the Dark Ages. And I guess it's our fault.

As for wireless "broadband" signal transmission, I'm still in the Dark Ages; I'm a cable guy... ;=)

Cool! Makes me feel like I am living in the future.

Back