Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a certain moment of time it seems a patch was created, I would need to find some time next week to test it:
https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/[email protected]/Maybe we should move it to a different thread not related to Bowie...
Continuing off the Bowie thread, did any of you guys figure out how to convert the 360 mp4/mha1 files to discrete surround?
Been trying with ffmpeg but no luck so far so I'm left with the new Bowie mixes sitting around in a useless format..

FYI, at least they responded and indicated the report was forwarded to the responsible team.

TIDAL support (TIDAL)
Jun 21, 2021, 1:07 PM EDT
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here at TIDAL Support.

My name is Jayci and I am happy to help!

Any feedback about our catalog will need to be escalated to our Content team. I have forwarded the information provided to the appropriate team for further review. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Please let us know if we can be any further assistance!
Best Regards,
Jayci
TIDAL Member Support

The problem on Tidal with the Kacey Musgraves recordings - (1) Same Trailer Different Park (2) Pageant Material (3) A Very Kacey Christmas - continues. I have also sent them a message. Pretty ordinary for indeed a long standing issue caused on their end. Strangely, it seems that people in some countries do not have the problem...

Hi Stupy,

I am also in Australia, I highlighted issues with 'The Radiators' the Australian band versus the American band. The ticket got passed around to several people and nothing got changed. I wouldn't hold your breath for any meaningful resolution..............

LOL

That Radiators issue is also mildly annoying; seems to be across multiple streaming platforms.

An anecdote that I figure only people here may appreciate...

Where I lived previously, these inconsiderate neighbours had this party with their speakers aiming at my daughters room; and after I asked them to turn it down a little, they eventually turned it up louder and tried to be as offensive as possible by doing a bad singalong to a standard set of songs, including the predictable Radiators song, to which they did not know the words.

Anyway, being idiots, they certainly would not realise I liked the songs but what was truly awful was their speakers. Dreadful, dreadful speakers. The distortion and the terrible lumpy frequencies. How can you do that to music? It was just so disrespectful to the music. Audio quality is important.

I had a good mind to face my speakers at their place and teach them the audio respect ... but couldn't be stuffed.

Cheers

Hi Stupy,

I am also in Australia, I highlighted issues with 'The Radiators' the Australian band versus the American band. The ticket got passed around to several people and nothing got changed. I wouldn't hold your breath for any meaningful resolution..............

The problem on Tidal with the Kacey Musgraves recordings - (1) Same Trailer Different Park (2) Pageant Material (3) A Very Kacey Christmas - continues. I have also sent them a message. Pretty ordinary for indeed a long standing issue caused on their end. Strangely, it seems that people in some countries do not have the problem...
I have also reported the same albums as i have the same problem with them. I wonder in which countries it works well as i feel that we are quite spread around the world with the same problem. Actually i am more irritated that they removed the first Ramones album in the Dolby Atmos version. This makes me think of the words somebody in this site said "I want to own my music and not rent it".
Now we see the cost of this way to be able to hear music. The excellent Dolby Atmos dissapeared and so did Alanis Morrisettes first album. I guess we will never be able to hear them in surround any more...

Luckily, Alanis and Ramones are still there on Apple Music at least. Actually, Ramones are playing quite a bit louder than before, and I'm enjoying the mix much more than before:rocks

Yes it could be so.
I also tried to log in on the PC and click on the link and i found the album.
But when i tried to search for it i couldn´t find it.
I can´t understand why it should have been removed in Europe
Are you saying you can listen to it via the link but can't find it in a search?

Luckily, Alanis and Ramones are still there on Apple Music at least. Actually, Ramones are playing quite a bit louder than before, and I'm enjoying the mix much more than before:rocks

Where is Ramones on Apple music? I can't find it

I was in the market for a pair of bluetooth headphones and I ended up getting a the Sony wh-1000xm4s - the deciding factor being that they are 360 compatible. Not really a substitute for having more than just two speakers, but I've got a Tidal app on my FIIO m11 so now I can listen to surroundy versions of Tyranny and Mutation, They Only Come Out at Night, and Beck, Bogert and Appice while I'm walking around. It still sucks that I can't listen to those titles on a stationary system, but I'll take what I can get. BTW, the 360 doesn't seem to work with bluetooth - have to run a cable.

I was in the market for a pair of bluetooth headphones and I ended up getting a the Sony wh-1000xm4s - the deciding factor being that they are 360 compatible. Not really a substitute for having more than just two speakers, but I've got a Tidal app on my FIIO m11 so now I can listen to surroundy versions of Tyranny and Mutation, They Only Come Out at Night, and Beck, Bogert and Appice while I'm walking around. It still sucks that I can't listen to those titles on a stationary system, but I'll take what I can get. BTW, the 360 doesn't seem to work with bluetooth - have to run a cable.

Just make the switch to Apple

Just make the switch to Apple
But I really like the Tidal interface on my Yamaha app. However, I don't care for the Tidal interface on the Firecube. I might resort to having both, using Tidal for stereo and headphones but ditching the Firecube in favor of an Apple TV 4K. I've cut back on disc purchases already and that trend will probably continue.

I have also reported the same albums as i have the same problem with them...

It looks like I've had some lovin' taking up the Kacey Musgraves Tidal issue with them via private Facebook messages. Check 'em out:

(1) Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer Different Park https://tidal.com/browse/album/186982478
(2) Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material https://tidal.com/browse/album/186982479
(3) Kacey Musgraves - A Very Kacey Christmas https://tidal.com/browse/album/186982512

Continuing off the Bowie thread, did any of you guys figure out how to convert the 360 mp4/mha1 files to discrete surround?
Been trying with ffmpeg but no luck so far so I'm left with the new Bowie mixes sitting around in a useless format..
I thought that they were mpeg-H files. But anyway it’s said that an expensive Marantz or Sony receiver will decode them. For now that’s it!

Back