• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tom Petty - Damn The Torpedos (Blu-ray Disc)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As we get older, our possessions can become overwhelming. Like my train collection. But when I start preparing to sell one of them, I start looking at all of the cool features, lose my nerve and put it back on the shelf.

There are a lot of surround titles that I never listen to. I really should get rid of them
I have a 1500+ cds that I will probably never listen to again, 500 movies that I will probably never watch again, and 50+ surround albums I will probably never listen to again.
It's that word "probably" that keeps me from getting rid of them.

I have a 1500+ cds that I will probably never listen to again, 500 movies that I will probably never watch again, and 50+ surround albums I will probably never listen to again.
It's that word "probably" that keeps me from getting rid of them.

I lost a ton of my music (1000+ CD's, 500 or so music DVD and movies) 2 years ago when we had an epic flood in my little town. I found them all completely ruined in our basement that was flooded with 5 feet of water...

As we get older, our possessions can become overwhelming. Like my train collection. But when I start preparing to sell one of them, I start looking at all of the cool features, lose my nerve and put it back on the shelf.

There are a lot of surround titles that I never listen to. I really should get rid of them
Can completely understand NOT selling things with an attachment for sure! I guess every single one of our surround titles are staying put! As well as all music in this house. Actually we do listen alot due to that useless pos tv being off..a GOOD thing. A long time now. (unless a good concert is playing via dvd/blu ray player, we have many over the years.) When the weather warms a bit, we'll be outside a lot more. ~Anyone got one of these Coldplay ones for sale? Take care ar (y)

A Head Full of Dreams BR​

Last edited:
I lost a ton of my music (1000+ CD's, 500 or so music DVD and movies) 2 years ago when we had an epic flood in my little town. I found them all completely ruined in our basement that was flooded with 5 feet of water...
That's awful, Gene. It is one thing to get rid of stuff under one's own terms, but another to lose it due to an event out of one's control.

Our discs are becoming like children ... THEY NEVER LEAVE HOME!

I am selling my 1:200 planes (Herpa and Inflight200) on fleabay, I decided they are taking too much space!

We did get some insurance kickback, but only on appliances. Nothing on the music.
That sucks! When I was living in Naperville I had thousands of CDs stored in a basement closet and we had a storm, lost power and sumps went out. Got about a foot of water downstairs. Lucked out as I didnā€™t lose any of my music. This went back way before surround collection began.

Yup, my train collection has been boxed up for 16 years after moving from the east coast to AZ. I prefer to unload the CD's and Vinyl, and keep the immersive media.

"As we get older, our possessions can become overwhelming. Like my train collection."

Hey, another surround music person with trains! I like MTH O-Gauge. I'm literally planning to build a close-to-the-ceiling loop of track in my man cave. I figure the track shelving can do double duty and hide the wires for my planned Atmos speakers!

Back