tri-amping active crossover QRX-7000 plan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canned Swank

looking for what others have done with their QRX- quads....

I have 4 Sony SA-VA3A 200w speakers I can use. They are powered, so I would completely abandon the internal amp and cross over and go with new active cross overs. I believe they are 3 way with a built in sub

I understand (think) the tape out doesn't put out quad in the QRX .... ??? so I have to use the speaker channel wires out as feeds into a cross over(s) then the amps.

Not looking for $20K set up, not looking for Radio Shack. I have a nice idler turntable - almost their....

any advise - thanks?

I'm not into biamping or triamping except in large PA, but I am curious. Are you talking about tri-amping 4 speakers? That would require 12 amplifier channels. Do you have three QRX units? Sounds like a maze of interconnects, not to mention huge reliability issues if those receivers aren't well restored.

I'm not into biamping or triamping except in large PA, but I am curious. Are you talking about tri-amping 4 speakers? That would require 12 amplifier channels. Do you have three QRX units? Sounds like a maze of interconnects, not to mention huge reliability issues if those receivers aren't well restored.

I was thinking of 1 Qrx driving 4 ea 3 way active crossovers ea driving 1 amp for the tweet and mid and 1 amp for the sub .....might go with 4 way speakers, then I would add the 3rd amp..... So 1 Qrx, 4 crossovers and a total of 8 or 12 amps.... Maybe the sub woofers can share 1 amp or 2 amps. ..... So maybe 9 or 10 amps total..... And lots of wire

you can go via the 2 headphone outs and get QRX 4 channel that way.

if the headphones are line level out .... Are they?.... I could run my 4 Sony powered speakers right now and worry about all the active crossover stuff multiple amps, do that later maybe, or even just settle on the Sony speakers, but the headphonejacks have to be line level to work I think,

Another way, is speaker level to line level converters, but all the units I find on line so far dont have great reviews.

Line level headphone to speakers right now easy, could be enjoying quad tonight, easy, awesome

Back