Universal to release THIN LIZZY/ROCK LEGENDS box set in Oct.!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, help me understand. Why can't Amazon UK ship to the US, but Dutton Vocalion can? Or is it just certain items?
It's just certain items.....I've just ordered and received many items from Amazon UK over the past few weeks.....I've even ordered the pre-order of the new TFF box set from them.....what makes a difference? I have no idea, maybe licensing, or record label hassles?

Now my big ? Is why don't Amazon accept PayPal? The only thing I can think of is that Jeff Bezos, is thinking about Amazons own Virtual Cash thing....something like BitCoin

Last edited:
It's just certain items.....I've just ordered and received many items from Amazon UK over the past few weeks.....I've even ordered the pre-order of the new TFF box set from them.....what makes a difference? I have no idea, maybe licensing, or record label hassles?

Now my big ? Is why don't Amazon accept PayPal? The only thing I can think of is that Jeff Bezos, is thinking about Amazons own Virtual Cash thing....something like BitCoin
I assume Amazon doesn't offer Paypal, because they'd rather you get their Visa card and use that.

So, help me understand. Why can't Amazon UK ship to the US, but Dutton Vocalion can? Or is it just certain items?
It often happens the other way as well, amazon US often won't ship some items to this side of the pond. The cynic in me says they don't make as much money if they do, so they don't!

It often happens the other way as well, amazon US often won't ship some items to this side of the pond. The cynic in me says they don't make as much money if they do, so they don't!
I purchase more of my music related stuff from Amazon UK or other Amazon European sites because even with shipping included.....its usually MUCH cheaper that way for me anyhow :) :SB

Just for example.....I just paid $116 US including shipping for Kraftwerk - The Catalog at Amazon UK and Amazon US want $209 US almost double!!! Arrived in under a week :love:

Last edited:
That's the thing that makes me hesitant to purchase these big CD collections (such as this one and Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" collection)... I don't want a bunch of DR 5, smashed-to-hell music... so even though I desperately want these sets, I have to wait and see what kind of DR numbers they'll have before purchasing (not to mention the lack of surround)

I would wait until you can see the numbers....the early CD's have some fine numbers...but you can see some of the recent one's...not so much

Just ordered this today from Amazon UK, doesn't look like it will go Amazon US at least for now.
Man, I got a lot of things pre ordered, got to cool it for awhile, and hopefully by the time i get all these end of October there will be no doubles.
I already caught my self with 2 orders of Tears For fears box set, canceled one.

Just ordered this today from Amazon UK, doesn't look like it will go Amazon US at least for now.
Man, I got a lot of things pre ordered, got to cool it for awhile, and hopefully by the time i get all these end of October there will be no doubles.
I already caught my self with 2 orders of Tears For fears box set, canceled one.

Yeah Snood did too Marpy. Saw that they were finally accepting USA for orders in UK Amazon.........so pre-odered...........depending on finances lol September whhhhhhhhhhewwww may or may not cancel. I do really love me some Thin Lizzy though and probably definitely will keep. 🤗 :rocks

For what it's worth, this set is being mastered by Andy Pearce, who did a great job with hi-rez stereo remasters of both the Rush and Black Sabbath catalogs over the last few years - both are full dynamic range as far as I know.
Pearce’s Rush masterings are not good. His Black Sabbath are okay, but nothing to write home about. What I don’t know is if they are representative of his style or he was simply doing what the clients asked for.

Back