Visage - Fade to Grey in 5.1, Anyone?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're not the originals, they're from a 2014 recording.

back in the 80th i did enjoy much of new wave but now hardly can listen to.
in all entirety for sure just few albums, this one self titled, "Quartet" by Ultravox and perhaps Talk, Talk "The Colour Of Spring".
ordered today BDA Tears For Fears but have not much expectation in regard of sound quality. those first generation of digital
recording from 80th, combining with those heavy use of samplings and synth, absolutely terrible.

Hmmmm. The promo text on the site is a bit ambiguous about that - I thought at first they were offering the multis for the original. Even if it's the 2014 version, I'd be excited to hear a 5.1 mix - with I had the skills to do one myself or the time to learn it. o_O

As Mike points out, these are from a recent re-recording but nevertheless, they are fun to play around with. Also, it's not the complete set of multis you'd expect (some tracks have been layered) but the whole point of Steve making these available was to encourage people to play around with them, and promote his new orchestral reworking of old Visage material, something artists tend to do to monetise material that they still don't own the original masters for. If I had the time, I might consider it :)

The promo text on the site is a bit ambiguous about that...

Yeah, it was only clarified in the terms and conditions small print.

Unsurprisingly they totally own any submissions, and any derivitives of your mix. So you could do a lot of legwork, they could add an overdub and/or an edit with no further reward (I don't know even about a credit.)

Back