• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Fosgate Tate and Sansui QSD-1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bad feeling when the winning bidder's handle was "niagarajumper". I sent a simple messgae reminding him that winning an auction was a committment to buy, would he please submit payment. Now, the guy has started sending profane and threatening (first physical and now actual "life" threats) messages out of the blue and for no reason whatsoever. I reported him to both E-Bay and my ISP. He does sound like someone either very young, very dumb, very touched or all three. He is from Salem, Oregon and in his first message provided his name address and phone number. Maybe my two sons will be interested in a trip north. :cool:

I sent a second-chance offer to the next bidder with an explanation, but he will probably think it is all a story and the winning bidder was a shill. I not I suspect such when I get a second chance offer. As such, I suppose it will be up again soon. :mad:@:

Last edited:
I had a bad feeling when the winning bidder's handle was "niagarajumper". I sent a simple messgae reminding him that winning an auction was a committment to buy, would he please submit payment. Now, the guy has started sending profane and threatening (first physical and now actual "life" threats) messages out of the blue and for no reason whatsoever. I reported him to both E-Bay and my ISP. He does sound like someone either very young, very dumb, very touched or all three. He is from Salem, Oregon and in his first message provided his name address and phone number. Maybe my two sons will be interested in a trip north. :cool:

I sent a second-chance offer to the next bidder with an explanation, but he will probably think it is all a story and the winning bidder was a shill. I not I suspect such when I get a second chance offer. As such, I suppose it will be up again soon. :mad:@:

Bidder 11 is probably thinking he would have won it for less than $1800 if bidder 10 hadn't been involved.
Personally if I was the seller I'd give bidder 11 24 hours on a second chance offer then relist it if he doesn't accept it.
...then I'd go through the motions next week of claiming back the selling fees that bidder 10 caused...if bidder 10 doesn't reply during the N.P.B. process you can give him a negative without fear of retalitory negative feedback a week later.....

and of course i think everyone here who sells any quad stuff on ebay should immediately block "niagarajumper" from bidding on their auctions, by adding him to your blocked bidders list.

Bidder 11 is probably thinking he would have won it for less than $1800 if bidder 10 hadn't been involved.
Personally if I was the seller I'd give bidder 11 24 hours on a second chance offer then relist it if he doesn't accept it.
...then I'd go through the motions next week of claiming back the selling fees that bidder 10 caused...if bidder 10 doesn't reply during the N.P.B. process you can give him a negative without fear of retalitory negative feedback a week later.....

and of course i think everyone here who sells any quad stuff on ebay should immediately block "niagarajumper" from bidding on their auctions, by adding him to your blocked bidders list.

Thanks, sounds like a sensible, if less than satisfying plan. Even though they say that winning an E-Bay auction is leaglly binding, one seems to have little legal recourse. I may have some recourse, though. Can you imagine - this guy, in writing has threatened my life because I asked him pay for an auction and then said paying in installament over two months was not acceptable?

I like they idea of being able to leave negative feedback without retaliation. Everytime that I've felt pushed enough that just HAD to leave negative, I've ALWAYS gotten one back out of pure spite. How do you avoid it in the NPB scenario?

I haven't had my life threatened over an ebay auction, but I once had someone threaten to put my name on his list for his next wiccan punishment ritual, to send some bad luck my way.

I like they idea of being able to leave negative feedback without retaliation. Everytime that I've felt pushed enough that just HAD to leave negative, I've ALWAYS gotten one back out of pure spite. How do you avoid it in the NPB scenario?

if bidder 10 doesn't reply during the week long N.P.B. process , then you can give him a negative without fear of retalitory negative feedback a week later.....but one word or letter or even a full stop reply (yes I've had those from complete turkeys) in the ebay N.F.B. section from him will mean that his reply will count if posted.

and if you do give a negative to him write it in full capital letters.

I haven't had my life threatened over an ebay auction, but I once had someone threaten to put my name on his list for his next wiccan punishment ritual, to send some bad luck my way.

...I had someone go balistic because I wouldn't accept payment by mail order credit card (and that was also stated clearly in the auction).... the person had a silent phone number ,no address listing in the phone book,.. even after I said no ,he still scanned and emailed me his drivers licence...and his Police Badge !!....and wrote paragraphs of something that i've never had the time to completely read late at night.....

or if you sell an lp that you know is in perfect/mint condition I've had 2 people who complained about the condition wanting an extra present from me
before they post feedback... (the inference being that they will post positive feedback if I send them something else and negative feedback if i don't)

I keep a file on ebay insults...maybe one day I'll write a book...

...I had someone go balistic because I wouldn't accept payment by mail order credit card (and that was also stated clearly in the auction).... the person had a silent phone number ,no address listing in the phone book,.. even after I said no ,he still scanned and emailed me his drivers licence...and his Police Badge !!....and wrote paragraphs of something that i've never had the time to completely read late at night.....

or if you sell an lp that you know is in perfect/mint condition I've had 2 people who complained about the condition wanting an extra present from me
before they post feedback... (the inference being that they will post positive feedback if I send them something else and negative feedback if i don't)

I keep a file on ebay insults...maybe one day I'll write a book...

Well, the thing that really got me over my case with the whole bad luck threat, was that HE had stolen MY money....and he was mad at me? I never could understand that. I paid for an item that he couldn't afford to ship for the agreed upon price, he had spent my money and couldn't afford to refund me, and he had the nerve to get mad at me for wanting my money back. There was no legal recourse at all. Ebay didn't care, it wasn't until he scammed hundreds of more dollars out of other buyers that they shut him down, and even then...what more could ebay do? He had the money already, closing his account served very little purpose. I filed an internet fraud report against him, a few months later I was sent a thick envelope with paperwork that had gone from office to office about my case, and ended with them recommending I file a report with yet another office. If it wasn't for the fact I was out $500, I would've found the ridiculousness of the whole situation humorous. The guy ended up changing his phone numbers and cancelling his email addresses, and that ended any chance I had at seeing the money again. The next time I bid on a high dollar item, I used escrow. The seller wasn't too happy with me, but oh well, with little or no legal recourse in the online world against scammers that's the only way to be sure.

When I asked for a Fosgate Tate II 101A SQ decoder at the start of this thread, I didn’t expect that it would turn into a lively discussion between QQ members and sharing experiences of selling on ebay with winners not paying etc.
You would almost ask yourself why sell on Ebay?

Why sell on ebay, when you can sell your Fosgate Tate II 101A SQ decoder to me? :)
As mentioned in my first thread “I prefer to buy from a QQ member so I know I will buy a good functioning unit, which is not a guarantee when buying from eBay”
Any QQ member willing to sell this decoder for a reasonable price?
Thanks.

When I asked for a Fosgate Tate II 101A SQ decoder at the start of this thread, I didn’t expect that it would turn into a lively discussion between QQ members and sharing experiences of selling on ebay with winners not paying etc.
You would almost ask yourself why sell on Ebay?

Why sell on ebay, when you can sell your Fosgate Tate II 101A SQ decoder to me? :)
As mentioned in my first thread “I prefer to buy from a QQ member so I know I will buy a good functioning unit, which is not a guarantee when buying from eBay”
Any QQ member willing to sell this decoder for a reasonable price?
Thanks.

I like this guy! :D Good arguement, BUT I am afraid that we all know that out of all the deadbeats, there are still eBay members who WILL pay what Tate units are worth. We all like to bitch, but we have all done a LOT more good deals than bad. Mike.

Hello members.

I have been reading posts off and on for some time and just basically taking it all in. I have never posted, but thought I would take the opportunity to at least make a showing and introduce myself.

I have a QRX-7001 currently down in the "Quad Shack" in San Diego. I met with QuadBob and enjoyed an afternoon down there about a month or so ago. What started it all was my desire to re-furbish a Sansui AU-5500 amp that has been in the family for 20 years. I like vintage gear and wanted to build a system. After email discussions with QuadBob and researching around about quad, I decided to take the plunge. I have plans to build a nice system, nothing too complicated and not trying to build it over night. Anyway, I lurk around the forum and enjoy all the information. I get lost with all the different formats, vs. 5.1, etc, but figure that will come with time after I get a system going. I will probably stay fairly quiet, with not much to add at this point.

I found another Fosgate decoder on ebay this morning and thought I would post the link...from what I understand, the Tate Tetrasound is for all practical purposes, as good a decoder as the Tate II. In either case, I used the link as an excuse to post.

You have got a great forum here and I appreciate the information. I am looking forward to getting the QRX-7001'QB' back and starting the next phase of my big quad vision, however steadily paced.

Here is the link to the Tetrasound:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160078563785

Talk again soon....

you ever get that gear back ? how about going back to the shack to pick up other peoples gear?

willy

Back