Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all my name is Brian and I am a new member located in Chicago. I'm a filmmaker and recent convert to the wonderful world of surround and Atmos and DVD/Blu Ray audio. Excited to meet some new people and get some good recommendations. Thanks for letting me join this wonderful community!!
Welcome aboard! One thing we’re good at here is recommending ways to spend your money!

Hello!
My name is Poli. I'm a songwriter/guitarist/producer and Dolby Atmos mix engineer. These days we have to wear many hats!! :LOL: I have just completed a full Atmos mix of my band The Echo Veils and our album The Calm Beneath the Noise. I have 7.1.4 setup in my studio located in Toronto working mainly in Pro Tools. Our album is now live on the various streaming platforms. Thank you for the opportunity of being part of this community! Cheers! 🍺

View attachment 105721
Welcome @Poli Elizondo

I've started listening "Calm Beneath The Noise" and I like it both for the style of music and the Atmos mix.

I have pleasantly noticed that even if you have a 7.1.4 system to mix in Atmos, you use Objects in the Wide locations, as I have verified in my Home Cinema Living Room with 9.1.4 (with Wides). This satisfies me because, in general, I tend to like and think mixes that use Objects in Wide locations are good. In addition, I feel my effort and investment in 9.1.4 is amortized when I find mixes that use them properly.

Never heard about The Echo Veils. This is an interesting addition to my favorite style band list.

Welcome @Poli Elizondo

I've started listening "Calm Beneath The Noise" and I like it both for the style of music and the Atmos mix.

I have pleasantly noticed that even if you have a 7.1.4 system to mix in Atmos, you use Objects in the Wide locations, as I have verified in my Home Cinema Living Room with 9.1.4 (with Wides). This satisfies me because, in general, I tend to like and think mixes that use Objects in Wide locations are good. In addition, I feel my effort and investment in 9.1.4 is amortized when I find mixes that use them properly.

Never heard about The Echo Veils. This is an interesting addition to my favorite style band list.
Thank you so much for taking a listen!! Yes, I do believe that the wides have a very important role when it comes to power guitars, opening up the drum overheads, or just making anything wider (like backing vocals). I sometimes have specific instruments in the wides and sometimes I use a 9.1.4 object bed emulation to achieve the same result. Cheers!

20? years ago, I started my multichannel collection first with SACD, DVD-A and ripping hi-rez audio from multichannel DVD concert videos (audio on some of these is very good), and then on with all of the newer formats as each one came and went (and sometimes came back). I'm really enjoying what seems to be a resurgence of interest in multichannel.

To my chagrin, and many albums later, I only recently found this site (don't know how I missed it). I've purchased too many a reissue only to be disappointed by the quality of the transfer/mix. For that reason, I find this site's reviews to be essential. As helpful as the reviews can be, the information detailing where you can purchase the music is invaluable.

I'm hoping we are finally entering a time where multichannel music goes mainstream.

Nice to meet you all.

I am an audiophile from Japan.
I am enjoying Auro-3D on Roon with TAIKO Audio Extreme + Trinnov Altitude 16.
Welcome to the forum. I’m assuming that you do a lot of Auromatic upmixing given the limited quantity of commercial Auro 3D recordings. I’m jealous of anyone who has a Trinnov unit. Your system must give you an outstanding listening experience.

Hi all, just a music nerd here in search of the finest 5.1 (or Atmos) mixes... love my prog rock, metal, folk and everything in between...

Currently at 57 albums and counting :)
Welcome to the forum. Clearly, Steven Wilson is your friend! Along those lines, “Fragile” by Yes in Dolby Atmos is almost certain to become #58 for you! You would also do well to check out the SDE Blu Ray series. As you can see, we’re all more than happy to assist you in spending your money! 😉

Hi all, just a music nerd here in search of the finest 5.1 (or Atmos) mixes... love my prog rock, metal, folk and everything in between...

Currently at 57 albums and counting :)
I think we all started with 1, so clearly you’re on the right track. I’m aure the fine folks here will do everything they (we) can to fill your shelves and empty your wallet.

Nice to meet you all.

I am an audiophile from Japan.
I am enjoying Auro-3D on Roon with TAIKO Audio Extreme + Trinnov Altitude 16.
Sounds like you have great hardware. I don’t know that I could hear the difference (my ears aren’t what they used to be), but I’m sure you enjoy it, and that’s what matters.

Welcome to the money pit!

Back