What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC...Video is excellent, audio mix is typical for a concert but fidelity is very good. Performance is very good. And, it's Joe Cocker. The man has a stage presence (y)

TBH, my expectations for the surround mix on these concert blu rays is pretty low. If the fidelity is good then I'm happy. If it has a good surround mix that's like a cherry on top :)

Yeah, it's kind of a shame we have to deal with the low expectations; because there are some really good ones out there.

Reactions: PK
omFG!!!!!
I rarely get this psyched regarding a BLUES festival but this one is , hands down , one of the BEST EVER!!!
AWESOME MCH by our "Grandad" ES...and what a trip... "Man of Constant sorrow" LIVE???? not to mention EC, JWalsh, and Steve Vai with Billy Sheehan!!!
A MUST BUY!!!!
R-10028534-1490383396-1907.jpeg.jpg

Yikes! John Mayer set worth the price of admission:smokinGracias(y)

omFG!!!!!
I rarely get this psyched regarding a BLUES festival but this one is , hands down , one of the BEST EVER!!!
AWESOME MCH by our "Grandad" ES...and what a trip... "Man of Constant sorrow" LIVE???? not to mention EC, JWalsh, and Steve Vai with Billy Sheehan!!!
A MUST BUY!!!!
R-10028534-1490383396-1907.jpeg.jpg

"I Shot The Sheriff" is an outstanding performance:smokin band be tight:phones

OMG...Clapton kills this track...:eek:
...and the transition to the next track just says: Sit The F**k Down...:phones
"Have You Ever..." exceptional performance @ 85 db:giggle:

Last edited:
Where the Light Is: John Mayer Live in Los Angeles in Blu-Ray is outstanding!

"Trio Set" is especially special :phones
Production is exceptional (y)
...yeah that trio is a serious band👌...someone's channeling Hendrix and SRV...:phones
...Pino...thought that guy looked familiar... :giggle:
...any one song from the trio set is worth the price of admission...take your pick...🍸
F*ck yeah...Bold as Love...band kills it...just ask the axis:smokin

Last edited:
View attachment 41227

"Trio Set" is especially special :phones
Production is exceptional (y)
...yeah that trio is a serious band👌...someone's channeling Hendrix and SRV...:phones
...Pino...thought that guy looked familiar... :giggle:
...any one song from the trio set is worth the price of admission...take your pick...🍸
F*ck yeah...Bold as Love...band kills it...just ask the axis:smokin
Let's not forget uber talented drummer Steve Jordan and The Pretenders alumni Robbie McIntosh!

OVERTIME
Lee Ritenour, Dave Grusin and others sounds great, just not super discrete IMO. DTS-HD Master Audio. Mostly a studio type show.
discogs - (Needs rear photo etc. on discogs; Heyyyy Freddieeeee!!!!!)

View attachment 41282
Love this one. I wish there was a LOT more Ritenour in surround sound. (& Larry Carlton, Robben Ford, Mike Stern, etc) I mean there is some but not much.
BTW I ran across a tv recording of Ritenour, Chris Botti & a male and female singer doing Papa Was a Rolling Stone. Dynamite!! Mein Gott Botti can play that trumpet! (I played trumpet and coronet in younger days). I've since acquired some more Botti and will be listening soon.

Last edited:
Love this one. I wish there was a LOT more Ritenour in surround sound. (& Larry Carlton, Robben Ford, Mike Stern, etc) I mean there is some but not much.
BTW I ran across a tv recording of Ritenour, Chris Botti & a male and female singer doing Papa Was a Rolling Stone. Dynamite!! Mein Gott Botti can play that trumpet! (I played trumpet and coronet in younger days). I've since acquired some more Botti and will be listening soon.

I've seen Botti live a couple times and he's much more than a "Smooth Jazz" artist to me. His Blu-ray concerts are excellent, just don't expect a lot of discrete rear action. If you like Botti, you've gotta get his album "Italia"- discogs , just love that one ta death!
I really wish Robben Ford would put together a larger band (with horns and maybe a great singer;)) and just blow it up; you know he toured with Miles Davis for awhile.

Back