What is the story behind your Avatar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did an image search and it came back as 'fictional character'. I then noticed the lines behind it looked kind of like the artwork on The Beatles - Revolver, so I looked that up and zoomed in and found that little guy perched on John's ear!
oHHH nice work Frogmort!

Here's a blow up of that section of the album, sure looks right to me.

JOHN'S EAR FELLA.jpg

Mine derives from an old in joke between high school friends about a Purple Moustache. Out of reverence for the absolutely dreadful film Manos The Hands Of Fate (check out the MST3K version), I chose a Torgo profile pic on various services because it’s goofy. A couple of Photoshop pros took aim at making Torgo’s ‘stash purple and here we are

USS Schofield DEG-3. While embarked on an 8-month-long WestPac (western Pacific) cruise in 1975 third-division, the ship's anti-submarine warfare (ASW) team, drew and had made in Olongapo, Philippines, the patch shown. Allowed only upon work jackets aboard ship and while on base around 20 or so of them were made. Unsure how many remain.

The sub represents our main foe back then, the Commie Hordes of the USSR. Our division is the snake. A dim III for 3rd-division sits below the logo. I well-recall the many hours spent at the air-conditioned Navy Exchange building at the Subic Bay Naval Station, Philippines, where the bounty of the east was available for sale. Bought overseas at roughly 50% the cost of the same goods within the USA and carried back home aboard ship upon returning with no customs or other fees imposed the crew took advantage of the bounty.

1975 was around the heart of Quad Era One but meager pay combined with weight and size of quad gear had me sticking to stereo. Sigh. Alas. Sniff. However, my CD-4 capable Technics SL-1300 turntable survived for many years dying around 2006 or so. Good bye old friend, you served me well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Attachments

• Copy of 3rd-division1 400 x 400.jpg
    Copy of 3rd-division1 400 x 400.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
Just changed avatar for a pic of me and my pandemic beard. Some may recall that I grew it out during the pandemic and started walking 3.5 miles a day. This was the beard at 14 months and I’m still walking every day I can. Beard is gone but I’m nearing 4000 miles!

Just changed avatar for a pic of me and my pandemic beard. Some may recall that I grew it out during the pandemic and started walking 3.5 miles a day. This was the beard at 14 months and I’m still walking every day I can. Beard is gone but I’m nearing 4000 miles!
Good for you! (At first, I thought your new avatar was Rick Rubin....)

MG.png

My Avatar is a version of this image which I don't know exactly where it originates.

I used to share many of my surround-sound creations on a certain website and an admirer of my work started making "disk art" for my compilation albums. I had started using the alias of "Methuselah's Grandpa" for myself instead of my real name and I suppose this person found this wizard-looking grandpa character somewhere and started using it on his custom art-work for my mixes. I went with the flow & decided to just permanently adopt it and the name despite myself not actually being THAT old or even a grandpa for that matter! 🤣

My former avatar was my Boston Terrier mix. She was my little buddy and went everywhere with me.
She would take off running and I would sail the frisbee right next to her and she would snatch it. If she was tired or either disappointed that I wanted to quit, she would lay down with the frisbee propped up in front of her.
I still miss her greatly.
Cassie w frisbee 4x5.jpg

I feel what you’re saying! Here in California, long ago wolves would have been very common until they were driven out by man’s progress and poor management. A couple of years ago one was spotted in the north state and everybody went ga-ga. I could go on, but I best stop there.

Mine is a little guy I spotted ages ago in a magazine. His look just cracked me up. I feel much like he looks often; tired, unamused at all the Bull shit, dragged through a rough road, but still tenacious with a willingness to fight. At the end of the day, deep down, just wanting to be sweet dog.
Since I changed my avatar a couple of times, thought the need to update my story; but I see it should still apply with my current one :LOL:

Back