What Multi-Channel discs are due for Re-do in your opinion?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it is as follows, in no particular order....

Rolling Stones.....GHS
Soundgarden.....SuperUnknown
The Beatles...SGT. Peppers
Alice In Chains.... Greatest Hits

I’d also LOVE LOVE LOVE ... a Atmos of Genesis “Trick of the Tail”
I wish they would at least release the already finished Atmos mix of Sgt. pepper

Blue Oyster Cult - Agents Of Fortune
Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory?
Hootie & The Blowfish - Cracked Rear View
Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom
Santana - Supernatural
Queensryche - Empire
Wings - Venus & Mars

It’s the Artist, or someone in charge of the estate that has final approval for these mixes, to begin with. Obviously. So, we’re lucky we get anything in surround. So Artist education is the key.

But the focus of an artist is to create music, not so much the recording and mixing of music. Unless they’re hip. One would hope that as more people play some really excellent surround mixes through a decent sound system, the marriage of a great mix and classic music will tell the story.

Since Blu-ray can hold so much more information, I would like to see at least 2 or more surround mixes on a title. I mean, why not? The surround medium offers limitless possibilities. Maybe have guest mixes do different types of surround mixes to keep it really interesting.

An artist if they were wise, could further exploit their music with a stand alone release of say, 6 different types of surround. While one is at it, different stereo mixes and even mono could be done. We have old mixes and demos released this way, why not new ones?

Anyway, as a musician myself, this is how I see completely unexplored territory.

Back