What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The upcoming face off!

003.JPG

This is rare for me - but I love every tune on that disc. Always have....

I've liked Gary Wright since Spooky Tooth...and as good as that entire album is it really didn't take off until Dream Weaver was released as a single..but I agree about the songs on it...like them all..it's a funny thing but "back in the day" a good album(LP)was one that had 2 good songs on it...and I often purchased albums just for one song..

Better fidelity, surround mixes and expanded editions have always been my reasons for buying multiple copies. Many of these old chestnuts that are being released or re-released in surround are anywhere from my fifth to fifteenth copy!

:yikes

A request, please, on future posts in this thread can you please indicate the format? It would be of help to anyone looking for an opinion on a particular mastering/pressing/issue if the format, (CD/LP/Gold CD/K2 CD/Blu Spec CD, etc), country of origin for THAT PARTICULAR PRESSING, and where possible, issue ('77 remaster, etc.) were mentioned.

Thanks, in advance, to everyone for their cooperation.

Quad Linda, Forum Moderator

1428765964_todd-rundgren-global-2015.jpg

Can't stop listening to this CD. It continues on in the same electronica mode as State but the songwriting feels more fully realized on this one. Todd's voice is in incredibly good shape. Can't think of another classic rocker in his 60's who is still singing this well.

Would be amazing in 5.1 as most of Todd's catalog would be.

View attachment 18406

Can't stop listening to this CD. It continues on in the same electronica mode as State but the songwriting feels more fully realized on this one. Todd's voice is in incredibly good shape. Can't think of another classic rocker in his 60's who is still singing this well.

Would be amazing in 5.1 as most of Todd's catalog would be.

I see this is a new release...there are some samples here

Well...this is another re-purchase CD..again...what was I thinking giving away all those CD's..but one thing is now I can get the very best sounding version as a replacement...which brings me to this Heart CD...I recently bought Magazine..after seeing remarks from Quad Linda...and it's excellent...now I was considering getting the Hoffman remastered gold cd Heart Greatest Hits disc...but after some research...and statements from Hoffman himself...I decided against it..so this is the first in a series of Heart CD's...and it's a good one...it's the 1987 release of this CD with a SPAR CODE AAD..as you can see on the disc in the upper left section from Capitol Records(Mtd for MBG Marketing)..

001.JPG

One thing I really like about Ebay is that you can usually find a picture of the actual disc that is being sold...which is crucial when looking for older versions of the title...places like amazon usually provide you the latest version of the CD...which has now become the worst version in most cases....the information on amazon is almost always suspect...so here is a picture of the CD cover...which most will recognize...

002.JPG

Back