What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocket Man, A Tribute To Elton John - Hugo Montenegro (CD-4 QuadraDisc LP).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I see you are now purchasing cd-4 discs. You are going to be a busy man. Stick with sealed copies if possible. That is the only way to guarantee a good carrier signal.

Thank you for the advice :)

Crazy as I am.. I nearly bought a load of Q8's earlier.. I barely resisted the temptation (mainly on the grounds I don't have a Q8 player.. though that hasn't stopped me with all this stuff before! I may still go through with it.. though the timing could not be worse as I'm moving any minute.. I must resist the urge!)

As for CD-4, I may never get around to doing anything with it, I just had to get this LP because inquadwetrust mentioned it on here and well, you know, it's Elton related and all.. Oh who am I kidding, I'll ask Santa for a CD-4 demodulator and a new turntable as my Christmas present! CD-4 lunacy here we come! :eek:

Rocket Man, A Tribute To Elton John - Hugo Montenegro (CD-4 QuadraDisc LP).

Love the Hugo Montenegro albums in Quad. Fun. Be sure to get the first one - Love Theme from the Godfather.
Amazing panning and surround effects.

Sounds fab! Thanks for the tip!

How's Hugo M.'s "Others By Brothers" Quad mix?

That one is OK.

I'd be sure to look for his Neil Diamond Quad Album (Neil's Diamonds) and his Stevie Wonder Quad Album (Hugo In Wonderland) ahead of that one.
The later albums have better fidelity, but the first one (Love Theme from the Godfather) is the best effects wise.

Hugo also had an album of Movie Themes - Scenes & Themes - which was a fun one.
Worth looking for in CD-4.

Also worth noting, Hugo Montenegro was dubbed by many as "The Quadfather" back in the 1970's after his first Quad CD-4 album came out!

Hi. All
I`v got 2 more CD-4 today ( Vanguard CD-4 Joan Baez-Greatest Hits )-( RCA CD-4 Tomita Clair De Lune )
I think I have all the CD-4 LP`S that Tomita produced in CD-4 now....

I hope every body is going for this new CD-4 demodulator that ( involve audio) are trying to put together that Luo started so everybody how put there names down should do so now, more numbers the less the cost so pass the word to other blog sites. The post on QQ is under Involve CD4....Is there any life in it???? .
Bill.

CD-4 1.jpg

View attachment 20870

Last edited:
Hi. All
I`v got 2 more CD-4 today ( Vanguard CD-4 Joan Baez-Greatest Hits )-( RCA CD-4 Tomita Clair De Lune )
I think I have all the CD-4 LP`S that Tomita produced in CD-4 now....

Very cool on the Joan Baez CD-4. I don't remember ever seeing that one. It was SQ in the states.

A quartet of Quadradiscs and my CD-4 collection has begun in earnest!. First up is Jefferson Airplane's Volunteers, a glorious listen, all alt mixes and subversive counter culture clarion calls.

IMG_3928 copy.jpgIMG_3929 copy.jpgIMG_3930 copy.jpgIMG_3931 copy.jpg

Another quad of quads; two sealed that I am very excited to hear - Roberta Flack 'Killing Me Softly' and Jose Feliciano 'Compartments':

IMG_4106.jpgIMG_4108.jpg

Plus The Average White Band and in what I know will be a ridiculous decision, I'm after every Enoch Light/Project 3 record in every single format - now it's the CD-4 round after managing the SQ/QS and DY versions.

IMG_4110.jpgIMG_4111.jpg

Back