What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diamonds & Rust - Joan Baez (CD-4)

Don't know if you remember that a couple of years ago I ordered the "Begin Again" OST (YES, I love good RomComs ...OK, it's Keira that I love) and I received a perfect copy of a CD with the correct booklet and printing on the CD for the movie S/T and found out that the CD manufacturing plant had made a HUGE mistake and had put "Diamonds and Rust " on the CD instead of the movie's OST...

Hopefully this won't be a SANDPAPER pressing...if it IS a good pressing I'd LOVE to have the Quad mix of this....
STILL having a hard time trying to get over Joan's vibrato (which, curiously she has foregone in her later years)....

Big Hug, Adam, hope we can meet next year...

Don't know if you remember that a couple of years ago I ordered the "Begin Again" OST (YES, I love good RomComs ...OK, it's Keira that I love) and I received a perfect copy of a CD with the correct booklet and printing on the CD for the movie S/T and found out that the CD manufacturing plant had made a HUGE mistake and had put "Diamonds and Rust " on the CD instead of the movie's OST...

Hopefully this won't be a SANDPAPER pressing...if it IS a good pressing I'd LOVE to have the Quad mix of this....
STILL having a hard time trying to get over Joan's vibrato (which, curiously she has foregone in her later years)....

Big Hug, Adam, hope we can meet next year...

oh yes i remember now you mention it you got this album by mistake on that CD! :yikes
I was keeping a lookout for one after Dave recommended it and when I saw a QQ-er had one for sale among a few others I wanted I went for it/'em. Will keep you abreast on the sandpaper situation. Absolutely! Here's to 2017.. things can only get better! :)

The Brest Of Carly Simon (CD-4)

Interesting there's a couple of tracks off the Anticipation album, wonder if they mixed the whole thing to Quad or only those tracks for this comp?

Hi. All

Another CD-4 LP.

(Arista. CD-4 AQ 9004 - Funny Lady Barbra Streisand James Caan Omar Sharif )-

IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1391.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1393.jpg

Adam, McFreddie-o-Discreet-o.

If your into collecting all the Arista cd-4's as it seems to be the case, you should know (if you don't already), the Anthony Braxton 3 disc set was issued "single inventory", so All copies would be quad CD-4.
It should be easier to catch a copy in this case for any collector.

Just a"heads up":)(y)

fizzy-woo-woo:friday:

Feliciano! - Jose Feliciano (CD-4)

¡El "Cieguito" de Lares (Puerto Rico)!!!

I was a recording engineer in a Xmas CD from 1995 (from the Banco Popular de PR, which used to do this every year) called "Somos un solo pueblo" where ALL kinds of Latin American artists participated, including Feliciano. His song was a duo with Andrés Jimenez which was BRILLIANT!!, it's usually an improvisation and each artist gets three LONG verses each....
-Somos-Un-Solo-Pueblo.jpg

Here's a list of the artists (I did get to meet most of them!)
51fvoWpdRmL.jpg

¡El "Cieguito" de Lares (Puerto Rico)!!!

I was a recording engineer in a Xmas CD from 1995 (from the Banco Popular de PR, which used to do this every year) called "Somos un solo pueblo" where ALL kinds of Latin American artists participated, including Feliciano. His song was a duo with Andrés Jimenez which was BRILLIANT!!, it's usually an improvisation and each artist gets three LONG verses each....
View attachment 28213

Here's a list of the artists (I did get to meet most of them!)
View attachment 28214

Very cool, I'll get a copy of your Xmas CD in the New Yr.. love Feliciano.. I'd like to track down all his Quad LPs (ideally I'd rather Dutton Vocalion released them on Surround SACD.. ;) ) Happy NY El kapitan! :upthumb

Back