What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit the local antique mall this weekend and nabbed a $1 copy of Best of Bread and a .50 copy of Bette Midler The Divine Miss M. My 3rd CD-4 copy of Best of Bread and my first copy of Bette on CD-4.

Who did the running order on this thing? Going straight from Sinatra to Zappa probably turned several heads inside out, even if it was all about the quad.

I just found a copy of "The greatest Hits" of jackson Five.This is my first CD-4 (and probably not the last).I'll post pictures as soon as possible ;)

doors.jpg
My latest (and first) CD-4, still got to get a cart to play it...

Sansui test record.jpg
I paid $20 dollars for this, but I have never seen it cheaper and it is supposedly mint.

Sansui. My understanding is it came new in the box with the QRX line. My owner's manual tells me how to use it, and there are also instructions on the back of the cover. It is only a 7 inch 45, no music. Hated paying that much for a 45, but I am assuming it is fairly rare. If you were unaware of it maybe that is true! I have a few more pics I can post this weekend of the record and back cover.
Cheers,
Mike

I have a QRX-5500 which I got for free two years ago from a GF. Thanks, Elizabeth! It was her late father's. No box, owner's manual, or disc. Still, I couldn't argue with the price. Even though we sold Sansui, I don't believe I opened the box of our demo's, so I had no idea this was included. I suggest you curl up with a cold drink, and listen to it, over and over... :rolleyes: Thanks again.

Sansui. My understanding is it came new in the box with the QRX line. My owner's manual tells me how to use it, and there are also instructions on the back of the cover. It is only a 7 inch 45, no music. Hated paying that much for a 45, but I am assuming it is fairly rare. If you were unaware of it maybe that is true! I have a few more pics I can post this weekend of the record and back cover.
Cheers,
Mike

I wonder if there's any talking on it. "When the tone begins, adjust the left separation control for minimum output..."

:D

Doug

JA had such a great sound!

I still remember the first time I heard "Somebody To Love" in '67. I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone and it came on the radio (AM then). I perked right up and told Barb (who is sadly gone now), "You HAVE to turn your radio on and listen to this song!" She said something about me rather listening to a song instead of talking to her but she turned her radio on anyway and took back what she said.

And then, of course, the "After Bathing At Baxter's" story I have told elsewhere. And "Crown of Creation" Absolutely astounding, in my opinion.

Oh, and here's another little bit. The local college/public radio station here has a show every Sunday night showcasing the music and events of past years and it's a really good show. Last week was 1969 and I am still in awe of all the good music from that year (not to mention the surrounding years).

Doug

This one did not post the other day (the one that said newer vintage). Maybe not the same street creds as JA but Starship remains a guilty pleasure for me...
JS Red Oct.jpg

Louis Country And Western Armstrong.jpeg

OK, I have finally found a really bad CD4 disc, musically. I just had to have this and there was no other bidders. I waited a month or so to get it, only to find that I wish it was either without his voice, or with a country singer. I love Louis, but this sucks!

Temptations in Japan.jpeg

This was a really good listen, musically, but I thought something was weird, and when changed records, I realised that I still had my tape monitor on from using my Squid 2020 earlier. I will have to listen again tomorrow, at higher volume and possibly with a suitable libation, in 4 channel this time! It is my first CD4 Motown, and I am impressed with the music so much I wish my Mother hadn't called in the middle of it! Just kidding, but the phone goes off next time.:music

Back