What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wasn’t into Dolby’s music at the time he was big in the 80s, but I read his biography a few years ago and really enjoyed it. He’s been one of those artists where I should probably do a streaming deep-dive on his stuff.

I just remembered a misprint in a homework assignment I had in college that kind of fits the name of this forum:

Look at the oscilloscope display and copy the waveworms to the graph paper.

Most of this album has been an earworm today. I bought some of the earlier Rodrigo y Gabriela albums, but kind of lost interest over time.

This new one had me tapping my foot a lot (rather aggressively in some cases), usually because of Gabriela’s percussive playing.

In anticipation for the upcoming Dylan SDE release, I was reading an article about the time around the release of Time Out of Mind and what went into making up the recent Fragments release.

In particular, the article raved about an 8-minute version of Dreamin’ of You. It’s a more stripped-back (and longer) version than what was released as a video.

Gave it a listen this morning and then again... and again. It’s really nice, especially that repetitive piano progression that dominates the song.

I had been thinking about buying Fragments. Wish I would have bought it when it was ridiculously low for a few days recently. I did just buy it now because I’ve been loving that one song so much, but paid the “snooze you lose” price.

I haven't thought of, or heard, "Pulling Mussels' for years!
Now, there's 2 of us with it as an earworm.
Happily, this is one of those pleasant earworms.

Back