What's your latest High Resolution Download purchased?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, he's in NZ and could buy it... The "address thing" works" really, billing address should be the same US address

Ive bought:

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew 40th Anniversary Edition 96kHz/24bit
Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor 44.1kHz/24bit
Stone Temple Pilots - Core 96kHz/24bit
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mothers Milk 192kHz/24bit
Stone Sour - The House of Gold & Bones Parts I & II 96kHz/24bit
Airbourne - Black Dog Barking (Special Edition) 44.1kHz/24bit
Primus - Sailing The Seas Of Cheese 96kHz/24bit
Yes - Relayer 192kHz/24bit

Latest additions to my Hi REz HDTracks Collection:

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell 44.1khz/24bit, sound very good although its only 44.1 khz

Megadeth - Super Collider 48kHz/24bit Doesnt matter how it sounds. Tha album is just bad

VOLTO! 96kHz/24bit - Incitare This is a MUST HAVE. It is a great piece of music, improv/fusion/rock/jazz and it sounds amazing!

Santana 88kHz/24bit - Abraxas do I have to really say something?

The Smashing Pumpkins 96kHz/24bit - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. I just love this album, Im not sure yet if its better sounding as the original yet. DR Rating of the album is the same as the original CD, but there are songs with better rating and songs with worse rating, so it is definitely a different master.

Pearl Jam - Ten 88kHz/24bit

Pearl Jam - Ten Redux 88kHz/24bit bought both today. Just wanted to compare both masters. Boaght the new "redux" version for the extra songs and maybe it could sound better, you never know

trying to get a friend to get me Synergy "Cords" in 96/24 from the US to me that is his MASTERPIECE!!! (Since HD tracks keeps "promising" "soon we'll be able to sell overseas"..it's been almost years now...)
-----

I list this here cause, it's PART of a purchase....

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers "Damn the Torpedoes" FLAC 96/24...they did a wonderful job....no brickwalling and pristine sound...

and yes, the page is still there, but MIND YOU- WARNING...
the instructions state "right click and save , and what you get is a .txt file !!!!!
(Yes, you just have to change the extension from .txt to .flac and all is well, but just letting you know)

Last edited:
HDtrax are really starting to piss me right off - half the stuff I want to buy I cannot get access to for "copyright reasons" yet it seems to be okay for me to get scalped for CD.
They refuse to reply to letters as well - even polite ones.

WTF is going on with their attitude to anyone outside North America? There is a much bigger world out here, and are they or are they not in the business of selling bloody music?
I shall repost the letter that went unanswered shortly, I think.

Too funny, I am seeing the same thing when I try to get some stuff from your side of the pond. Seems they track IPs and are restricted to selling to US IPs...

I purchased Canty's Carmina Celtica from Linn last night and downloaded it as I went to bed. Got the FLAC 192/24 version and am listening to it through the Oppo right now. Freaking amazing music although a bit different from what I normally listen to. Not able to purchase everything I wanted to from them due to restrictions based on being in the U.S.

I don't see any issue with paying for these quality digital files. So much better than the itunes squashed files I've also paid for and it does not take much effort to burn them to a physical media.

I dont know what the problem you guys have, im in chile and have been buying everything form hdtracks... maybe even too much $ spent there.

I gave a US address for billing with my chilean Credit card number and no problem buying and buying and buying.

I dont know what the problem you guys have, im in chile and have been buying everything form hdtracks... maybe even too much $ spent there.

I gave a US address for billing with my chilean Credit card number and no problem buying and buying and buying.

Well some sites are limited by copyright to where they can sell their downloads so it comes down to your originating IP. For sure this is how Linn is working because if I mask my U.S. based IP and then go to their site it gives me the option to buy downloads that are blocked when I don't mask my U.S. IP. I haven't actually tried to buy anything this way but I image the copyright filtering is not going to be happening at the payment parts of the site as they do sell internationally. Just my 2 cents though, I have not tried to purchase while masking my IP....

Soundgarden - Screaming Life/Fopp (96/24)

Nirvana - Bleach (96/24), In Utero 20th Anniverasry Deluxe Edition (96/24)

Rush - Sector One, Sector Two, Sector Three, The Studio albums 1989 - 2007 (includes the Vapor Trails New Remix, which is way better than the first one) (all in 96/24)

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings (96/24), Systematic Chaos (88/24)

Stone Temple Pilots - High Rise (with Chester Bennington) (sucks, not soundwise, but musically IMHO) (96/24)

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy, Vs. (96/24 both)

Im thinking of buying the Miles Davis - Kind of Blue Stereo version, cause Ive read everywhere it sounds really great, but Im not such a fan of that album (Bitches Brew is amazing and sounds amazing too), I dont know yet...

OK, so it seems HD Tracks IS working in Spain at least...
Couldn't help it and got
Santana III
and
Aerosmith- Draw the Line
both in 96/24

looks like it IS the real deal since I A/B'd both of them to my 96/24 LP albums and they go (not too far above but enough) over 22 K and the soundstage is much wider-the bass is not collapsed in the center...

30 yard penalty for NOT including ANY liner notes, only a lo res jpeg of the cover....

Where do you get those 24/96 vinyls?

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...there used to exist places known as RECORD STORES (just kidding) ;)

Well, I got first pressings of BOTH of these (really low matrix numbers...and with hype stickers on the shrink, on both)..
Curiously enough I got the Aerosmith when it came out and also sealed on fleabay....I was too young for the Santana one but I also got a sealed first pressing with hype stickers...

Nirvana - In Utero 20th Anniverasry Deluxe Edition (96/24)

Im thinking of buying the Miles Davis - Kind of Blue Stereo version, cause Ive read everywhere it sounds really great, but Im not such a fan of that album (Bitches Brew is amazing and sounds amazing too), I dont know yet...

How do you find the Nirvana "In Utero"?
For me, it's a case of "thanks for all the extra stuff, but the album is so squashed it is unlistenable".

For "Kind Of Blue", track down the 5.1 version on SACD.

See, he's in NZ and could buy it... The "address thing" works" really, billing address should be the same US address

Doesn't work for me.
Log in, see the 100 rock albums, actually can buy 24 of them. That's 76% not available to me.
There is, as far as I can tell, no way at all in the fucked up shithole that calls itself the EU where I can legally buy this stuff, and they wonder why people download illegally?
Sheesh, sheesh & sheesh again.
iTunes is no better either even when they do start selling HR downloads as they are untrustworthy.
Why? Simples - I do not have an iTunes account. So how come I keep getting emails - to the correct account from Apple telling me that there has been a password reset request?
I have sent these to Apple thinking they must be phishing emails but no - they are legitimate, yet come through to my email address when I do not even have an account at iTunes!!!!!

Well, I have rather stupidly bought all 3 of the Led Zeppelin downloads (deluxe editions even) from here (Works in Europe, not sure about US of A)
A word of warning to anyone else considering this rash move - don't bother, as they are not very good at all.
Definitely a case of "thanks for the extra tracks & live stuff but for gods sake sack whoever mastered this". The worst part of it is that if you do not know how they should sound, they do not seem too bad - it is only when you do a comparative listen against better versions - with levels equalized - you hear how shoddy these are and I will even send extracts to prove it if anyone is interested.

"NOW" Chicago XXXVI 24/96 HD Studio Master

61Yl7250w9L._SL150_.jpg
HD-audio-badge-v4-300x300.png

I am actually surprised at the music on this one. Besides a little filler, there are some really good tracks here. "Naked In the Garden Of Allah" is quite different for Chicago and is one of my favorites along with the Jason Sheff penned "Love Lives On". The song "America" is kind of lame but I give the album an 8 overall for music. I've been humming the songs in my head all weekend. By the way, I purchased the download on the Website for the 50% off July weekend sale. Regular price is $16.98. You can't be half off that price! :)

foobar2000 1.3.2 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.0
log date: 2014-07-06 02:06:33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: ? / ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR10 -0.30 dB -12.20 dB 4:57 ?-01. Now
DR10 -0.30 dB -13.24 dB 5:15 ?-02. More Will Be Revealed
DR10 -0.30 dB -12.87 dB 4:16 ?-03. America
DR10 -0.30 dB -12.43 dB 5:02 ?-04. Crazy Happy
DR11 -0.30 dB -13.75 dB 5:13 ?-05. Free At Last
DR10 -0.30 dB -12.85 dB 5:19 ?-06. Love Lives On
DR9 -0.30 dB -11.71 dB 3:45 ?-07. Somethings Coming I Know
DR9 -0.30 dB -11.62 dB 4:13 ?-08. Watching All The Colors
DR10 -0.30 dB -12.50 dB 4:00 ?-09. Nice Girl
DR9 -0.30 dB -12.85 dB 4:24 ?-10. Naked In The Garden Of Allah
DR9 -0.30 dB -12.11 dB 3:58 ?-11. Another Trippy Day

Number of tracks: 11

Back