What's your "Pile"?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djstephan

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since we are always talking about the "pile" to be listened to, I thought I'd start a thread posting pictures of our "piles". Here's mine.

Moderators if such a thread already exists, please merge.
IMG_8262.jpg

Since we are always talking about the "pile" to be listened to, I thought I'd start a thread posting pictures of our "piles". Here's mine.

Moderators if such a thread already exists, please merge.View attachment 93399
Different stuff, but my pile is about that big, too. With quadios still on the way.

Is hoarding a SIN?
Don’t think of it as hoarding. Think of it as supporting great musicians and the eco-system around that, including your local delivery people who have families to support. (Speaking of which, the USPS driver with my Sabbath Quadio in his truck is sure being pokey today.)

As for my pile, it’s spread around a couple of rooms and is quite embarrassing when I think about it. I swear some of those King Crimson box sets with 20 or so discs are giving me a look of shame when I walk by.

And my recent deep dive into the catalogs of the Grateful Dead and Bob Dylan is threatening to drown me.

To Listen To Mountain!.jpg

The To Listen To Mountain has reached 1.74m/5' 8.5" :eek: so a bit taller than me! In my defence in 2019 when my mother was very ill for 9 months I was up there helping to look after her and fanatically buying yet not have time to listen - though against me that is probably only 30%-ish of the mountain!

:unsure: I seem to have an addiction to music, mainly surround but also CDs/DVDs, oh happy days! :ROFLMAO:

My late mother did say to me, you're a collector just like your father - who was also always buying music but he did listen a lot after he retired!

Wow that IS a pile !! Hope you’re not too far away from retirement so you can start listening to all this stuff.. great selections btw ..:)
Technically I can get the state pension in October when I hit 66, but I'm going to carry on working (I work from home) so that I can feed the music machine!

View attachment 93499

The To Listen To Mountain has reached 1.74m/5' 8.5" :eek: so a bit taller than me! In my defence in 2019 when my mother was very ill for 9 months I was up there helping to look after her and fanatically buying yet not have time to listen - though against me that is probably only 30%-ish of the mountain!

:unsure: I seem to have an addiction to music, mainly surround but also CDs/DVDs, oh happy days! :ROFLMAO:

My late mother did say to me, you're a collector just like your father - who was also always buying music but he did listen a lot after he retired!

LOL! I knew you wouldn't disappoint me Duncan. haha, awesome pile.

View attachment 93499

What the kerfuffle...:eek:

Since I STILL have no good way to play my vinyl (and, alas, it’s been that way since the movers wreckedmy turntable, and that project isn’t on schedule for at least a few more momths), all my unplayed vinyl is on the shelves, filed neatly with all the stuff I know I love. It’s probably somewhere around 20 albums, since I really don’t shop for records (except quads) these days, but once THAT project is completed to satisfaction, I probably have a good decade or so of vinyl bliss ahead of me.

This past year or so have been an embarrassment of riches for we Surround Enthusiasts.
I would say @Bill B is spot on about titles listened to once or twice, at least for me. But that probably goes back years until a light goes off in my head and I randomly think of one I want to hear and pull it out of the "archives" of my music machine.

In the living room I have disc racks I made, some I bought, and two cabinets with open shelving that are taller than me. (only the bottom shelves are empty because of two small dogs, lol)
Only Surround, except my SACD stereo titles. All my CD's are packed in boxes and distributed about the house except for DTS-CD's.

I quit collecting vinyl after/during the Quad days. Only bought a few in the last 20 years. But I have a pretty fair Quad digital collection thanks to the internet.

indeed - keep quantifying and sending pics so that I can show my wife that Im not the only hoarder of music. I did - under her orders - put away a bunch of discs yesterday. I now have 9 large Tupperware storage bins filled with media and in storage
Yeah! @DuncanS pile has saved the rest of us. Contrast my friends, contrast. :p

Back