Why is it that anti-surround people always have to state their opionions.............

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thread is mostly positive about surround. It appears I have been banned from that forum, I can log in but can't post or inquire as to why I can't post. Never been banned from a forum before and I have no idea why although I do recall making a couple of posts there. Lots of knowledgable collectors hang out there.
Chris

There is some weird stuff that goes on with bannings over there. Once I was banned for absolutely no reason with absolutely no notice. A friendly mod checked it out for me and apparently I was banned for being a member of the 'lukpac' forum and presumably (I'm guessing here?) spreading bad things about that place over there.

Here's the clincher. I am not and have NEVER been a member of the 'lukpac' forum. No 'lukpac' member has my name, and certainly cannot share my IP addresses or my email. Regardless of where somebody got suspicious of me (and who knows how), nobody ever bothered to talk to me about it and figure out what the hell was really going on.

The thing that blows me away is that I was banned over a mistaken presumption and that nobody ever even talked to me about it.

And even after I was reinstated, nobody said a word to me regarding this business.

There are several really good people who moderate that site (I cannot speak for them all) but if such mistakes can happen (and maybe this is what occurred in your case), they need to figure out how to avoid it and how to communicate a little differently.

EDIT: I probably should have read this entire thread before posting. Presumably your 'banning' was a result of the problems over there and not because of a misunderstanding like my own.

EDIT: I probably should have read this entire thread before posting. Presumably your 'banning' was a result of the problems over there and not because of a misunderstanding like my own.

It wasn't even an actual banning--the forum showed that the account was never activated. It was in a usergroup called "Awaiting E-mail Activation" or something similar. After I manually activated it (moved it to the "Registered" group), we got his access taken care of. (y)

I'll PM you in a bit... ;)

Back