[YouTube] Steve Martin didn't like Quad....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny you guys say that. I had to struggle to get through that four minute clip. Still interesting that he mentioned "Quad".

I loved The Jerk.. and he was good in Little Shop Of Horrors.. oh and what was that movie he made with Lily Tomlin where she died and he entered her body or something.. the Three Amigos was alright.. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels had its moments, though I've not seen it for years.. Roxanne got rave reviews but I couldn't get into it.. and he totally lost me after that.

Sad he wasn't a fan of Quad but it wouldn't stop me enjoying those few old movies of his, in the same way it's unfortunate Lennon anecdotally didn't dig Quad but I still appreciate his records all the same.

Sad he wasn't a fan of Quad but it wouldn't stop me enjoying those few old movies of his, in the same way it's unfortunate Lennon anecdotally didn't dig Quad but I still appreciate his records all the same.

You aren't seriously thinking that Steve Martin doesn't like quad based on that comedy routine? It is a joke on the constant cycle of needing better and better stereo equipment because whatever you get doesn't sound good anymore, there is always the next better thing...

It is satire and I'm sure doesn't reflect any personal opinion on surround sound.

You aren't seriously thinking that Steve Martin doesn't like quad based on that comedy routine? It is a joke on the constant cycle of needing better and better stereo equipment because whatever you get doesn't sound good anymore, there is always the next better thing...

It is satire and I'm sure doesn't reflect any personal opinion on surround sound.

Of course I'm not being serious.

Oh hang on.

:D

...It is a joke on the constant cycle of needing better and better stereo equipment because whatever you get doesn't sound good anymore, there is always the next better thing...

I remember back in 1973 when I first got a Dyanaquad system set up. A friend told my parents, "I think he's finally satisfied." I responded in jest, "No, I'm waiting impatiently for 8 channel!" Today's joke is often tomorrow's reality.

Don't forget L.A. Story! Steve had an amazing run of classic movies... The Jerk was one of those movies I wasn't supposed to watch, but I still found a way when my parents weren't around (on The Z Channel!)

All of Me. Why not take all of me?

Oh go on then.. but can I have half of you now and half of you in the morning?

Lute said:
And don't forget The Man with Two Brains.

I forgot about that one.. if only I had two brains! Good film :)

Lute said:
Born in Arizona. Moved to Babylonia

The Queen of Babylonia! Party time! Excellent!

Back