Zappa - Over-Nite Sensation 50th (New Atmos & 5.1 mixes, plus Quad mix on Blu-Ray!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody remember how much cheaper Waka/Wazoo wound up being at Amazon, et al.? More than 20%? All I know is that I originally placed an order at the Zappa store and wound up cancelling it once it emerged that the price was so much better elsewhere. But for the life of me, I can't determine where I eventually bought it--or at what price.
What's odd to me is that it seems to be NLA at retail anywhere. Was it advertised as a limited edition? I'm not interested in paying scalper pricing for it.

Does anybody remember how much cheaper Waka/Wazoo wound up being at Amazon, et al.? More than 20%? All I know is that I originally placed an order at the Zappa store and wound up cancelling it once it emerged that the price was so much better elsewhere. But for the life of me, I can't determine where I eventually bought it--or at what price.
I don't recall the price difference being 20%. Waka/Wazoo through bullmouse was $54 with free shipping, so maybe hold out for that extra $6-10 savings? Can't imagine them not making this available through retail channels, this will be in demand and plenty of sets sold. Money to be made for everyone in the distribution chain. My thinking is that these won't be as heavily discounted though when it does reach the retailers, because of the likely higher demand (Apostrophe is a much more well known album).

My Amazon order (w/o tax) was $59.92.

I also ordered from the Zappa Store with 20% off. $71 CAD total. At first I wasn’t too happy with the price but then I remembered I paid $120 for Waka/Wazoo at a record store and this is an FZ record that I love every single track so I’ll probably stick with my order.

Multitracks definitely exist in the vault for all of his live shows, why aren’t we seeing surround mixes for the archival shows that have been coming out lately?

I paid $43 for it at importcds in November.

It eventually got down almost that low at Amazon briefly a couple of months ago before going back up to 55-ish and disappearing.

I paid $43 for it at importcds in November.

It eventually got down almost that low at Amazon briefly a couple of months ago before going back up to 55-ish and disappearing.
Okay, thanks, everyone! Seems like all of the purchase prices people are quoting are more than twenty percent better than the original list price at the Zappa/UMe store, which was $73.

Was it jpc.de humprof?

I just paid 53 and change at The Zappa Store , the 64 dollar price has been slashed 10 percent? I think.

So with shipping it will be $63 USD ., not bad for something I'd pay double that 64 beans ..for !

So should ship November 03 ....or perhaps a few days sooner. But I can wait , after all that quad mix is 50 years in waiting. And worth every penny.

I also ordered from the Zappa Store with 20% off. $71 CAD total.

Multitracks definitely exist in the vault for all of his live shows, why aren’t we seeing surround mixes for the archival shows that have been coming out lately?

Perhaps they intend a live box set ,of quad surround for yet another time ?

It is noted that Frank recorded all his 70's shows on quad reel , from what I've read in Billboard.

From a 50-year-old phone interview with a Detroit radio station, Frank reveals some of the in-jokes from the cover art.
Including the reason why Stephen Desper quit the tour as sound engineer. 😇

1694195563522.png

From a 50-year-old phone interview with a Detroit radio station, Frank reveals some of the in-jokes from the cover art.
Including the reason why Stephen Desper quit the tour as sound engineer. 😇

View attachment 96056

Gives an alternate Zappaesque meaning to the phrase "Sloppy-seconds"

I nabbed Waka/Wazoo at $37.61+shipping+tax on Amazon Day.

Have the quad, but gonna have to buy this just on general principle. Apostrophe has to be next and that's even better to my ears. Have said before that One Size Fits All would have to be my holy grail quad release... maybe there is still some hope?

I think if we get any quad album , after the Atmos/quad versions of :
Apostrophe ' , Roxy And Elsewhere ...we will be very lucky and all over the Moon Zappa.

Back