Zappa Plays Zappa

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen the new DVD yet but did see the Dweez in 07 great show. Elmer to have seen Zappa and the Mothers in 1970 at the Fillmore East (w/Flo and Eddie et al) must have been awesome in person, thank god we have some very nice recording available from that period. Franks was the man.

View attachment 4696

I was 16 at the time! A true life changer.

I've seen Frank live several times. An unforgettable experience. This performance is exciting especially since many of his old cohorts are performing here. Frank was good to other musicians that came along. Lowell George had played with Zappa, but one day Frank told him that he had too much soul for his group. Of course, he went on to fame with his own group, Little Feat. Unfortunately, Lowell died a few years later.My favorite 2 discs from Frank was Apostrophe & Overnite Sensation. Stay away from the yellow snow! In terms of son Dweezil. I always had a strange feeling about him. I don't think that he feels comfortable as the front man in any group. He lets everyone else take center court, while he is just too layed back. Also, whatever happened to sister Moon Unit?

give the dweev a view on this show. abd I have seen short takes from certain shows with Moon and her daughter on stage. with Moon doing of course "Valley Girls"

I am grossly perverted I'm obsessed and deranged, I'v exsisted for years but very little has changed, I'm the tool of the gov. and industry too, for I was destined to rule and regulate you, I may be vile and pernicious but you can't look away, I'll make you think I'm delicious with the stuff that I say. I'm the best you can get, have you guessed me yet? I'm the slime oozzing out from your tv set!

Back