What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Silvahalo007! I can't wait to get this and Love Over Gold. So, you're a double-naught spy?

I was down on SHM SACD's. The first several I bought sounded bad. I have better sounding CD's of Who's Next, Aja, Blind Faith and Wheels of Fire. I've been massively impressed with Dire Straits s/t and Innervisions. This is why I've kept buying SHM's. John Barleycorn sounds good. Gasoline Alley & Fire and Water sound good, but I have no original copies to A/B them to.

Question: does anyone own any SHM SACD's and non-SHM SACD's of the same title? I'd love to hear about differences on Jobim, Getz/Gilberto, Wes, Stones, Police. Perhaps this should be new thread. Yet, I'll bet most or all of our SHM buyers are following this thread.

Linda

Linda,

No zipper, just the photo. But the packaging is nice. Folds out and up to reveal the RS logo and pictures from the original release. I only had a burned copy of this album from a friend, and not sure which edition is was. Doing an A/B (on Can't You Hear Me Knocking) there is definitely an improvement, but I wouldn't say by leaps and bounds. A bit more depth and less hiss. Seems like the drums seem to stand out the most on the SHM. Doesn't sound over-compressed at all which is always a fear on remasters. All in all, I'd say it's a great release.

no-man
Schoolyard ghosts
CD+DVD-Audio

I got a new copy for astonishingly EUR 7.82 directly from amazon.de. Since I have Amazon prime there are no shipping costs making it one of my best deals recently.
There are a few more on stock.

Markus

Hey Blair. If Capricornia won't play I have a fix.

#1's is a great disc.

Potential problem with Capricornia? Hmmmm better try and play it tonight.

Will sample a few of Mariah's tunes before I decide what to do with the disc.
Too many times I've opened discs thinking I'll like it then end up hating it (Keane being the best example) and now the value is lower because it's not sealed.
Couldn't resist buying the Mariah...only $5.68 new/sealed :)

My latest purchases:

Graham Nash - Songs For Survivors dts
Oscar Peterson - Travelin' On SACD
Philadelphia, Chicago and Cleveland Brass Ensembles - The Antiphonal Music of Gabrieli SACD

The latter is on Sony Classical, the music virtually unknown to me.
Another sealed disc at a stupid price $6.09...had to buy it.
Will check out its value and figure out if it's worth anything as a trader.

With the stock market tanking today and gold now out of reach, a better investment will be buying these OOP sacds and DVDAs.....wish I would have stocked up more.

new in teh last month
LTJ Bukem - Planet Earth DTS disc
Kitaro - Silk Road DVDA
Immersion DVDA
Mike Oldfield - Incatations Dullby Digital some 5.1 mixes
Steve Earle - ill never get out of this world alive, DVD 96/24 LPCM stereo on disc.

Indochine "Le Birthday Album" SACD 5.1 2 disc set (new & sealed)
French New Wave from back in the day! Like classic KROQ early 80's new wave because it is! The set covers 1981-1996. Get whatever new wave in 5.1 you can! I found this very difficult to get.

Belinda Carlisle - A Woman & A Man. DTS disc
Mike Oldfield - Incantations. Only a few DD tracks, but not the main parts Incantations 1 to 4 :-(. Stereo disc has a jump. Very disappointing after three great surround releases of old Oldfield albums. Returned this one to the shop.

I dont know yet. Its a hell of a thing I have new speakers being shipped and I need a new player. I am trying to decide on the player. In the meantime discs are harder to get than players. I have been getting lucky finding certain things lately so I jump on it. If you notice I have gotten a spate of dics lately and more to follow. I havent ever seen this title offered before. Everything in my sacd and dvd-audio is multi channel.
How does the Marantz DV-9600 compare to the oppo bdp-95 in terms of sacd and dvd-audio? I dont care about blue ray at this time.

Have you seen this disc before or heard it?

Not a clinker in the bunch http://sa-cd.net/library/6107/1

When I listed my collection on sa-cd.net, I noticed this. It was the first time I'd heard of it. More info on the John Denver Collection:
http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/1508

Linda

I dont know yet. Its a hell of a thing I have new speakers being shipped and I need a new player. I am trying to decide on the player. In the meantime discs are harder to get than players. I have been getting lucky finding certain things lately so I jump on it. If you notice I have gotten a spate of dics lately and more to follow. I havent ever seen this title offered before. Everything in my sacd and dvd-audio is multi channel.
How does the Marantz DV-9600 compare to the oppo bdp-95 in terms of sacd and dvd-audio? I dont care about blue ray at this time.

Have you seen this disc before or heard it?

Not a clinker in the bunch http://sa-cd.net/library/6107/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back