What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned on the news this morning and decided to postpone that trip. I may limit myself to $150, rather than spending $400-$500, once I resolve to go. $150 doesn't buy many SHM-SACD's!

Linda
Sweet & Dandy

Why stock market is postponing such trips? :confused:

A $20-$50 trip isn't as disconcerting as a $400 trip. Sure, I could limit myself to $50, or one SHM-SACD. Yet, if I'm travelling 30 miles away, it's not as easy to return tomorrow if I decide to buy something I left behind. I'm not hurting, but also not independently wealthy. If economic catastrophe hits, I don't want to kick myself for spending $400 last week in the CD store. I may need that $400 down the road. I hope that makes sense. If everyone spent what I have, the record companies would all be larger than Apple is today.

If the economy is sound, it's no problem. If I run out of $$, I can find a well paying job in a strong economy. Having been National Sales Manager for an electronics company, and later for a computer company, I think I'm marketable. In recent years, I've chosen to work for far less $$ as president of two not-for-profits. The gratification and lives that have been changed far outweigh a prestigious position and/or big $$$. If the economy goes further south, not-for-profits will face further fiscal erosion of grants and donations. You get the picture.

Linda

Linda
Why stock market is postponing such trips? :confused:

What is your opinion of Peter Tosh's "Legalize it?".
You just made me aware of it.:eek: Listened to the samples - it's great! Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thanks OQG.

Problem is when I checked some prices on eBay I got depressed. So instead of thanking you I'll be blaming you for making me want something that I'll likely never be able to have. ;)

Seriously though, I searched for some reviews of the 5.1 mix but couldn't find any - not even on QQF. Any thoughts on mix?

You just made me aware of it.:eek: Listened to the samples - it's great! Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thanks OQG.

Problem is when I checked some prices on eBay I got depressed. So instead of thanking you I'll be blaming you for making me want something that I'll likely never be able to have. ;)

Seriously though, I searched for some reviews of the 5.1 mix but couldn't find any - not even on QQF. Any thoughts on mix?

I simply love this title. I remember I could of bought this at retail, but already had it on CD and had no SACD player at the time. Eventually found one at quadruple the retail price like new. So when I take it out to play I'm real careful with it. Anyway, I like the mix, it's everything one would want. It sounds like Peter Tosh is in the center of the room with the band all around you, real life like sound. Too bad they didn't just keep on with more titles, this one's a keeper. Put this back in print, it would sell. Also continue DVD-A/SACD in all BR players, like Oppo does.

The Bob Dylan Reggae tribute has Luciano performing "Knocking on Heavens Door," that's another to own while it's still to found. Amazon: Is It Rolling Bob? A Reggae Tribute to Bob Dylan [Dual Disc]

[video=youtube;OF4P3-APfBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF4P3-APfBk[/video]

Billy Joel - 42nd Street (MC SACD)
Billy Joel - The Stranger (MC SACD)
Matt Bianco - Matt's Mood (MC SACD)
Gloria Estefan - Greatest Hits (MC SACD)
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing (DVD-Audio)
Wings - Venus and Mars (DTS Disc)

Billy Joel - 42nd Street (MC SACD)
Billy Joel - The Stranger (MC SACD)
Matt Bianco - Matt's Mood (MC SACD)
Gloria Estefan - Greatest Hits (MC SACD)
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing (DVD-Audio)
Wings - Venus and Mars (DTS Disc)

Some good ones there. The Matt Bianco Surround Sound SACD features singer Basia on vocals. A tasty SACD !

Btw: except PT and Estefan these are swaps with forum members.
Indeed Matt Bianco was on my whish list for loooong. Good luck I found this forum.

Markus

Some good ones there. The Matt Bianco Surround Sound SACD features singer Basia on vocals. A tasty SACD !

Btw: except PT and Estefan these are swaps with forum members.
Indeed Matt Bianco was on my whish list for loooong. Good luck I found this forum.

Markus

Congrats. The Matt Bianco SACD has been one of my favorites since it was released in Europe.

As I was refiling something I looked at for another thread, I spotted Reggae Pulse, another 5.1 Silverline wonder on Dual Disc. I forgot I had this one. With the thousands of titles I own, how could THAT happen? I'm listening to it as I write this. My rear channels needed a rest, anyway. lol!! Some gems on this comp.

There is lots of early Marley on SACD and DVD-A, several of which I own. 5.1 derived from 1ch and 2ch. Oh boy!

Linda
Lively Up Yourself

wavelength, no great reggae surround? Bummer...

What is your opinion of Peter Tosh's "Legalize it?" I thought it good, but do wish we had more reggae surround as MUCH could be done with that type of music. Thanks.

Oh...forgot about this one

Carpenters - Singles 1969-1981 SACD

Era "The Mass" SACD (sealed)
E.T. Music From the Motion Picture Soundtrack SACD (sealed) good prices to for the most part.

Love the Surround Sound on Era's "The Mass" SACD. Not well known outside of Europe.

In Your Honor-Foo Fighters (Dual Disc w/5.1mix)

3 SHM-SACD's (all 2ch):
The Singles-The Who (26 tracks of goodness)
Love You Live-Rolling Stones
It's Only Rock & Roll-Rolling Stones

I had to buy some new ones. I was going through withdrawals.

Linda

Hey, Filper,

It sounds good, but what the hell, "It's Only Rock & Roll," but I like it. It does not sound muffled. The vocals still sound like they were run through a high filter. The instruments, including the cymbals sound crisp. It does not sound muffled, except maybe those vocals. "Ain't too proud to bitch!"

Love You Live and Who's singles both sound great. I've owned these Who hits umpty nine times over and never heard them sound this good! The only Who disc I own that is done as well or better is my German Who's Next CD. I have the SHM-SACD of that title, and it pales in comparison to the German CD.

The best sounding SHM-SACD's I've heard are Innervisions-Stevie Wonder and the Who's Singles. I was also impressed with Dire Straits (1st.)

Linda
"The north side of my town faced east, and the east was facing south."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back