What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I listed my collection on sa-cd.net, I noticed this. It was the first time I'd heard of it. More info on the John Denver Collection:
http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/1508

Linda

Yes, couple of years ago I was going after other fish or this might not have been available, I forget which, but didn't go after this too hard because it wasn't the original recordings. But if the MC mix is great or even if it wasn't, would be nice to have at retail prices. I am a big fan of his and would have liked to have seen a line of his recordings re-released in modern format.

Here are some samples from Amazon U.S. of this title to give somewhat an idea of this title: http://www.amazon.com/Collection-John-Denver/dp/B0000DGDKY

Zazie - Rodéo (Hybrid SACD + DVD)
Xandria - Ravenheart (Hybrid SACD)
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (Dual Disc)
Bryan Ferry - Frantic (DVD Audio)
Aretha Franklin - The Best of (Quadradisc)

The Cardigans "Long Gone Before Daylight" 5.1 sacd (new & sealed)
I was getting ready to leave and the mail came. Knocked on the door as sinature was required.

Peter Gabriel - Up SACD
R.E.M. - Green CD+DVD-A
LAGQ - Guitar Heroes SACD

Jeff Wayne - War of the Worlds (2 MC SACD)
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (DVD-Audio)
No-Man - Together we're Stranger (CD+DVD-Audio)
Gavain Harrisin & O5RIC - Circles (CD+DVD-Audio)

Is It Rolling Bob ? - A Reggae Tribute To Bob Dylan (DualDisc - DVD-A - Silverline). Great 5,1 mix (discrete and adventurous) by Mr Haynes unlike most Siilverline stuff. If you like Reggae, this one is a must have. Still cheap too.(y)

Is It Rolling Bob ? - A Reggae Tribute To Bob Dylan (DualDisc - DVD-A - Silverline). Great 5,1 mix (discrete and adventurous) by Mr Haynes unlike most Siilverline stuff. If you like Reggae, this one is a must have. Still cheap too.(y)

Damn, how did I miss that one? Has top Reggae artists on this. Thanks for the heads up, bought one for cheap at Amazon U.S.

There definetly is not enough 5.1 reggae. I have the Heptones - great tunes but terrible mixes. I went to allmusic.com and had a listen to the samples for Is It Rolling Bob ? It just didn't work for me.

Just one reggae surround album with great music and a great mix; that's all I ask. It may never be. Maybe this is the one for some but not for me.

There definetly is not enough 5.1 reggae. I have the Heptones - great tunes but terrible mixes. I went to allmusic.com and had a listen to the samples for Is It Rolling Bob ? It just didn't work for me.

Just one reggae surround album with great music and a great mix; that's all I ask. It may never be. Maybe this is the one for some but not for me.

wavelength, no great reggae surround? Bummer...

What is your opinion of Peter Tosh's "Legalize it?" I thought it good, but do wish we had more reggae surround as MUCH could be done with that type of music. Thanks.

Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington - The Complete Sessions, Classic DAD 24/96 (used from SHTV Marketplace)
Jimmy Smith - Midnight Special, SACD
Dexter Gordon - Go, SACD

I loved "Is it Rolling, Bob?" Didn't expect much, based on the record label. Imagine my surprise when I found this in a gift shop in Saugatuck, MI, while on vacation. It was a new release on DualDisc. They had less than a hundred CD's for sale, all new age and reggae.

If you only care to hear Dylan perform his tunes, you should pass on this. The same is true for more traditional arrangements of Dylan. This disc sure isn't that. Certainly, there is simpatico between Dylan's lyrics and reggae subject matter. Yet, reggae song have a different POV from Dylan's. A girlfriend of mine is a stone Dylan fan, as I am. She loathes this album. Could be because she's not a reggae fan? I am a huge reggae fan. If you dig reggae and like Dylan's songs, you'll love it. I believe anyone looking beyond those differences is in for a treat.

Imagine REAL 5.1 mixes of Marley, Toots, Third World, Jimmy Cliff, Steel Pulse, etc. I might sell one of my kids for that. Yes, mon! lol!!

BTW: I haven't posted anything new on this thread in a couple weeks. At that point, I had planned to visit one of the few remaining CD stores. It's mostly imports and audiophile stuff. I expected to spend hundreds on 2ch SHM-SACD's and imports. I decided to hold off, based on stock volatility. Though it's still been bad, it seemed less volatile. I had made up my mind to go today. Turned on the news this morning and decided to postpone that trip. I may limit myself to $150, rather than spending $400-$500, once I resolve to go. $150 doesn't buy many SHM-SACD's!

Linda
Sweet & Dandy

Great Titles, the Rang! I'm a huge jazz fan and own all three. It doesn't get much better than these. If only they were surround mixes.

OQG, I liked the Tosh disc, though it's far from my fave. Bought it when it was released.

Pavlov's Linda is salivating while fantasizing about The Harder They Come and Rockers in 5.1. Probably a pipe dream with many artists/producers involved and a limited number of tracks. Even if you own the LP's/CD's, if you dig reggae and haven't seen them, you're missing something fantastic! I have Harder on DVD and Rockers on Blu-Ray. Never expected that.

Linda
Like a Stepping Razor, Don't You Watch My Size, I'm Dangerous.

Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington - The Complete Sessions, Classic DAD 24/96 (used from SHTV Marketplace)
Jimmy Smith - Midnight Special, SACD
Dexter Gordon - Go, SACD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back