ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an extract for karmakirad,

Kamakiriad plays back at 96kHz/24-bit for both the 5.1 and stereo tracks, despite the fact that the back of the case states otherwise (48/24). There is a good reason for this discrepancy, apparently, because as with The Nightfly Roger Nichols did the remastering for this recording at 48/24. It was their reasoning that therefore that is the way it should be listed. The difference between this recording and The Nightfly is that instead of maintaining this sampling rate for the DVD-A, Elliot Scheiner instead remixed it onto 2" eight track analog tape. This way they could retain the new mix on a platform-independent medium, for future uses such as SACD for example. Bob Ludwig then recorded for DVD-A at 96/24. Whatever, all I know is that it sounds great!

As for nightfly wasnt that a very early and strange bit rate recording which also now sounds excellent.

back to EKLP good to know that Burning shed may be shippoing this this week very positive

"The Nightfly was a very early digital recording created on 3M machines that recorded at 50k/16-bit! Apparently it was transferred at 48k/24-bit to avoid dithering effects etc when using sample rate conversion. I believe in that instance a 48k digital recorder was connected straight to the analogue out of a 3M machine that played back those 50k/16-bit masters."

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Dolby-True-HD-Upsampling-for-Blu-Ray-releases

"The Nightfly was a very early digital recording created on 3M machines that recorded at 50k/16-bit! Apparently it was transferred at 48k/24-bit to avoid dithering effects etc when using sample rate conversion. I believe in that instance a 48k digital recorder was connected straight to the analogue out of a 3M machine that played back those 50k/16-bit masters."

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Dolby-True-HD-Upsampling-for-Blu-Ray-releases

Why do some refer to it as 48/24, 96/24, while others 24/48, 24/96?
Is it the problem with dates? August 21, 2012 in Europe 21/8/2102?
Bass akwards. If you say August 21, 2012, it is common sense to be 8(month) 21(day) 2012(year). But then again, they drive on the wrong side of the road so what do you expect!
But then again, I only say what I feel...
Wait until the ELP releases are in our hands, then the fun begins.

Its kinda funny thou. Cause now im in the hospital with my wife cause were havung a baby in about 1 or 2 hours! He comes a week early... was it destiny?

Its kinda funny thou. Cause now im in the hospital with my wife cause were havung a baby in about 1 or 2 hours! He comes a week early... was it destiny?

looks like we won't be seeing this guy for a while! I wish you well and congrats! 1st? if so, we won't be seeing you, and you may as well toss your stereo out now. You'll have a new boss in the house now!

Hiya,

Nope - Sony didn't manage to get the scheduled delivery to us today.

We are on a definite promise for tomorrow and, despite having lots of pre-order titles to get out before the weekend, have drafted in extra hands to make sure our copies are out of the door to our customers within the day.

Sorry. There are points when we're all in the hands of greater powers...

Anyone who has ordered from us will receive our shipping confirmation email as soon as their package leaves.

Hiya,

We are on a definite promise for tomorrow and, despite having lots of pre-order titles to get out before the weekend, have drafted in extra hands to make sure our copies are out of the door to our customers within the day.

Anyone who has ordered from us will receive our shipping confirmation email as soon as their package leaves.

Yipieeeeee.... thus is still great great news... cant wait!

Hiya,

Yipieeeeee.... thus is still great great news... cant wait!

Its the second one... first one was a girl and now a boy. Both will share my love for siurround i hope

Congrats!!
My time as a dad is done? No wayyyy!! They never leave!! And if you have 2 or more, they never stop fighting either! babies are incredible, the bad part is-they grow up and become miserable little shits.

Back