What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another big thank you goes out to Fredblue for recommending the Lee Anne Womack dualdisc. I have ordered a copy from Amazon, still affordably priced.

Lets see if it shoots up to $43 like the Anne Murray dualdisc did... :)
There is a Toby Keith dualdisc also. Those are ultra-cheap.

Another big thank you goes out to Fredblue for recommending the Lee Anne Womack dualdisc. I have ordered a copy from Amazon, still affordably priced.

Lets see if it shoots up to $43 like the Anne Murray dualdisc did... :)

You're welcome as ever :) as uffeolby says the Lee Ann Womack surround mix has some great discrete stuff going on (Ashes By Now is a highlight) though a few tracks are less discrete.. from a musical point of view I absolutely love the duet with Willie Nelson (Mendocino County Line).

Got a couple more good DVD-Audio steals. Got Foreigner's first album and Yes Magnification for ~$20 each. That's almost around the price they were when they came out. I think the person who put them up didn't really get what they were. Not DVD-A or SACD but I also found the DTS CD of Hell Freezes Over by the Eagles for $10.

Where are you finding these deals, I can't find the discs you are getting for double your prices, lol. Help a brother out here, I would buy most of the ones you have recently purchased if I could find those deals! If you come across them please send me a message, as it should go to my email quickly and I will jump on it. That being said, Grats again! I have the Lea Ann Womack and Toby Keith dualdiscs, got both cheap. My most recent sacd is the 1812 Overture. I love the cannons in it. It actually half scared me the first time I heard them because I was rearranging discs in my cabinet close to my speaker when they went off.

Where are you finding these deals, I can't find the discs you are getting for double your prices, lol. Help a brother out here, I would buy most of the ones you have recently purchased if I could find those deals! If you come across them please send me a message, as it should go to my email quickly and I will jump on it. That being said, Grats again! I have the Lea Ann Womack and Toby Keith dualdiscs, got both cheap. My most recent sacd is the 1812 Overture. I love the cannons in it. It actually half scared me the first time I heard them because I was rearranging discs in my cabinet close to my speaker when they went off.

a good idea is to have a wish list in Amazon and browse it from time to time.
If you don not have an wish list yet you could browse my record hunter webs recohan.de (with amazon.co.uk prices) and recohan.net (amazon.de prices) for ideas. Recently I found a No Angles SACD at EUR 4.40 just by browsing my wish list. Not my type of music but while this disc is often offered in ranges between 50 and 100 EUR I grab it if the price is as low as that.
Also got a Groover Washington Winlight at EUR 25 and two Billy Joels 52nd Street around EUR 20. Later I found while testing my recohan webs. I first thought there was some error in code... but there wasn't.
Finding the good deals like e.g. Fredblue does it is a lot of browing work every day.

Markus

a good idea is to have a wish list in Amazon and browse it from time to time.
If you don not have an wish list yet you could browse my record hunter webs recohan.de (with amazon.co.uk prices) and recohan.net (amazon.de prices) for ideas. Recently I found a No Angles SACD at EUR 4.40 just by browsing my wish list. Not my type of music but while this disc is often offered in ranges between 50 and 100 EUR I grab it if the price is as low as that.
Also got a Groover Washington Winlight at EUR 25 and two Billy Joels 52nd Street around EUR 20. Later I found while testing my recohan webs. I first thought there was some error in code... but there wasn't.
Finding the good deals like e.g. Fredblue does it is a lot of browing work every day.

Markus

I actually put items I am watching in my cart and check prices daily. I guess I just need to add more. I also watch dozens of things on ebay, but once again just need to check more frequently. Thank you for the links, but I don't know how to translate them on my tablet, a Samsung, so I can't read it. I will try it on my computer and see how it works. The only issue I see is whether people will ship to the US from overseas. To stay with the theme here, all of my SACDs and DVD Audio discs sound new with my upgrades, so I am listening to all of them again.

I actually put items I am watching in my cart and check prices daily. I guess I just need to add more. I also watch dozens of things on ebay, but once again just need to check more frequently. Thank you for the links, but I don't know how to translate them on my tablet, a Samsung, so I can't read it. I will try it on my computer and see how it works. The only issue I see is whether people will ship to the US from overseas. To stay with the theme here, all of my SACDs and DVD Audio discs sound new with my upgrades, so I am listening to all of them again.

I plan to localize one of the webs - there is not much text you really need. Right now I did them mainly for myself. But I see that people are going through page by page. If you search Amazon for "DualDisc" then Amazon will by far find not all. Even if you enter artist, album title and DualDisc you'll often will not find the DualDisc edition - even if they is listed. If you enter the ASIN then you'll find these little gems at a bargain price. The recohan webs are basically a list of ASIN to find the right edition at Amazon easily.

Markus

Thanks for the info and help, Markus! It is things like this and people like you that make this forum the wonderful place that it is. So many great people here, showing time and again what a great community this is!

I plan to localize one of the webs - there is not much text you really need. Right now I did them mainly for myself. But I see that people are going through page by page. If you search Amazon for "DualDisc" then Amazon will by far find not all. Even if you enter artist, album title and DualDisc you'll often will not find the DualDisc edition - even if they is listed. If you enter the ASIN then you'll find these little gems at a bargain price. The recohan webs are basically a list of ASIN to find the right edition at Amazon easily.

Markus

Ok, I invested the time and recohan.de is now localized (sorry, I'm not a native speaker, it might be bad English here and there). Since it points to Amazon.co.uk it will be now helpful for all 5.1 friends in the USA :)

Markus

This arrived today, after a recommendation from fredblue (I swear he's on a mission to empty my wallet!)

Iron Maiden - Dance of Death DVD Audio 5.1
1069846_10152244905950499_1060514132_n.jpg

Elton John; Madman

Very compressed; victim of the loudness wars. Shame there are literally DOZENS of DVDA/SACD titles that have digital clipping with no dynamics.

Okay this is when you know you have a sickness with no cure in sight. I just bought this off Ebay yesterday simply because it was $8 total. I don't even like her one bit. I mean I guess I'll give Toxic a spin but I can't see listening to this more than once.

Britney%u00252BSpears%u00252B-%u00252BIn%u00252BThe%u00252BZone%u00252B-%u00252BDVD%u00252BAudio.jpg

I am interested, if you like it.
I don't have is as I read that the sonics are so bad.

Well, on first pass, I have to say I'm not impressed :(

I listened to the MLP 5.1 mix and Bruce is very prominent in the centre channel, and then, when he yields to a blazing guitar solo, that takes significant prominence in that channel. Sometimes it's more noticeable than others. Turning the centre channel down a bit helps, but I'm always loathe to make repeated changes to my set up. In stereo it's not so bad.

So, I tried the DVD-V version and the first audio track I tried was the DD. Things started well on the first song until Bruce's vocals came in and all the other instrumentation got ducked down by compression. It was so noticeable! Shocking. The DTS version was unlistenable! There is something wrong with the disc's authoring (or a fault with the disc, although there is nothing visible). Simply put, if you select the DTS track, then play the album from the beginning, the on screen graphics are distorted and so is the audio. Whilst this isn't a major problem as I would always favour the MLP track, if something is supposed to work then I expect it to work.

The general consensus is that this is a good Maiden album and it certainly ticks all the Maiden boxes, but from a m/c DVD-A perspective, it's a big fail.

To help console me, I bought as brand new copy of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 'Damn The Torpedoes' on BDA which should be here soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back