MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Track (6.. "Rise") is demo worthy surround (harmony vocals all around you in every speaker ping ponging about the room.. but it doesn't feel gimmicky, it just sounds bloody amazing!!).. Menu's identical to the Tommy HFPA BDA btw.. how they should all be done..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 176
Bricks Against The Glass : Special Edition - Lori Lieberman (Pure Audio Blu-ray).

Are most/all of these HFPA's being released in Europe first? Seems to take a while before they show up here in the States. Not sure if we ever got Tommy as a single BD...Thanks, PK

Are most/all of these HFPA's being released in Europe first? Seems to take a while before they show up here in the States. Not sure if we ever got Tommy as a single BD...Thanks, PK

Hi PK, the Lori Blu isn't an HFPA, it's not from Universal records. It's a U.S. release, I just happened to read about it around January time, I couldn't find it anywhere (turns out it hadn't been released yet!)... it finally came out and Amazon UK got stock in last week.. only for it to be out of stock again there by the end of this week. Really I can't say enough PK what a wonderful disc it is!

Metallica; Through the never. Annoying 5.1 mix. Kirk is in center channel or front right, Hetfield mostly in rear left. Stupid mixing choice. Should of been like the AC DC Blu rays and had Kirk in rear right, James in rear left to create balance. Bottom end sounds TREMENDOUS! Picture is stunning.

thanks for the pic. what is in it?

Hi PK, the Lori Blu isn't an HFPA, it's not from Universal records. It's a U.S. release, I just happened to read about it around January time, I couldn't find it anywhere (turns out it hadn't been released yet!)... it finally came out and Amazon UK got stock in last week.. only for it to be out of stock again there by the end of this week. Really I can't say enough PK what a wonderful disc it is!

Hey Fred...I couldn't find it on Amazon US yesterday. Acoustic Sounds has it but they wanted $10.00 for shipping. Seriously? Anyway, I listened to the MP3 samples which reminded me of Sara K...Thanks for all the hot tips. Keep 'em coming :cool:

Hey Fred...I couldn't find it on Amazon US yesterday. Acoustic Sounds has it but they wanted $10.00 for shipping. Seriously? Anyway, I listened to the MP3 samples which reminded me of Sara K...Thanks for all the hot tips. Keep 'em coming :cool:

Use the Sa-cd.net site to get the Amazon(s) listing for it:

http://sa-cd.net/showtitle/9538
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FNLUNHQ/?tag=sacdinfocom-20

There doesn't seem to be much stock for this out there.... I'm glad I ordered it already...

Bonamassa.jpg

Grabbed this one from Amazon as soon as it was available. I am a huge fan of Beth Hart and she really does a great job here. Bonamassa and Hart together are a hot act. Don't miss this one.
Now, SW has spoiled me on the surround mixes so everyone else just falls short. I would have enjoyed having Beth's voice more centered rather than spread across the front. More than ambiance in the rears and limited crowd effects.
The music is pure Blues Rock and the band is top notch. :smokin

apparently the Blu-ray's got a 5.1 LPCM soundtrack (not that you'd know it from the packaging!) I'll try it out ASAP..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 150
Foals Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Sounds great, excellent picture

Fantastic value as it contains :

1) Live concert
2) 5 or more music videos
3) Their most recent album in stereo 24-48

Fantastic purchase !

These two showed up today. The shipping from Elusive was actually $2.98 for 1st class mail (for the Lori disk) the other came from the UK.

Attachments

• 2newbluapril2014.jpg
    2newbluapril2014.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 119
  • lori_disc.jpg
    lori_disc.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 105
These two showed up today. The shipping from Elusive was actually $2.98 for 1st class mail (for the Lori disk) the other came from the UK.

I just got the LL today too. Vocals are amazing :eek:

Got the Genesis BD a few weeks ago. I've only given it one listen. As I remember parts of it were stellar...:sun

TrondheimSolistene Souvenir.

- Pure Audio Blu-ray
- DTS HD MA 192kHz/24 bit 5.1
- DTS HD MA 96kHz/24 bit 7.1
- Auro-3D 96kHz/24 bit 9.1
- LPCM 192kHz/24 bit STEREO
- mShuttle: FLAC 192kHz + MP3

TrondheimSolistene (The Trondheim Soloists) are regarded as one of the top chamber orchestras in the world. Here they play works by Tchaikovsky and Danish composer Carl Nielsen. 5.1 at 192kHz/24. Does it sound better than 96kHz/24? All I know is I put this album on and the sound is sound that I could just leave on forever. It's really nice.

The 9.1 format is interesting - if you have the required hardware. It adds 4 height channels to the 5.1 mix: HL, HR, HLS, HRS that provide a more realistic surround field.

The Pure Audio format allows you to use your blu-ray remote as if you were playing a CD - no screen required; switch tracks from the numeric keypad. This disc also includes mShuttle functionality (which is an optional feature of the Pure Audio format): if your Blu-ray player is connected to your home network, you can use the browser application on your computer to download copies of the songs residing on the Pure Audio Blu-ray disc in your player. I couldn't get it to work but that's not saying that it won't work.

Mozart - Serenade in B flat major - KV 361 "Gran Partita" - Fantasia in F minor KV 608

Oboes in front left - Clarinets in front right - Basset Horns on side left - Bassoons on side right - double bass and horns in rear left/right -- Need I say more?

I will anyway :) This serenade has been recorded many times, but I don't know of a surround treatment like this. The familiar Adagio might make you cry with the interplay between the oboe and clarinet. In the notes the artists commented they had a more intimate interpretation of the music by sitting in a circle while recording. The whole disc is a treat.

Front:
Mozart_Gran_Partita-front.jpg

Back:
Mozart_Gran_Partita-back.jpg

Back