What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, who else has as many sacd's as FB?

Oh Allan! :p It's not a competition! :D

Linda has at least 100 more sacd's than me for starters and I'm sure members like ABMickey, vinylguy, beached, etc.. who really have tons and tons and seem to have been there and done that way before anybody else.. there's loads of QQ members here who have way more SACDs & DVD-A's than me, I've just been playing serious catchup the last 5 years!

I see they are still pushing dts over there. That's basically multi-channel MP3.

do you mean the suggestion of DTS wavs in the redbook layer of these upcoming AF SACDs containing Quad mixes? I thought that was a brilliant idea! Bit of a non-starter from a commercial point of view but inspired! :D

I don't think the rbcd buyers would be very happy about it and those represent the majority of the buyers since those on SH usually have only CD players. Their allowances only cover so much.

I don't think the rbcd buyers would be very happy about it and those represent the majority of the buyers since those on SH usually have only CD players. Their allowances only cover so much.

What a mess that AF thread has descended into.. all caused by the obnoxious Scott Wheeler's mindless blathering.

He's so concerned about "poor AF fans", "poor Stereo only listeners", "poor Marshall and AF having to put up with Surround fanatics" (like they're a breed apart) what a condescending CROCK OF SHIT.

nobody else there is bothered, they're all looking forward to an announcement of some juicy 5.1 AF titles. I'll be ignoring the buffoon from now on (if I haven't been banned in the meantime!).

N.E.R.D. In Search Of, I am enjoying this more than expected :)

I bought this one on Cai Campbell's recommendation not having heard a note of it, and I wasn't disappointed. To call it a rap album is a major disservice as it covers so many more styles than that, and most of the instrumentation is a real live band so it has a great organic feel. It also has a great discrete 5.1 mix with some really nice low bass extension. It's a shame the DTS 'Signature Series' didn't continue much beyond the initial wave of releases, because they're all really well made discs.

Damm it Fred I thought that thread had ended, didn't realise there was a sequel.

That Scott Wheeler's a bundle of laughs isn't he.

Oh yeah, a real laugh riot.. :mad:@:

really glad the mods stepped in and wiped all of his BS out of the thread. I don't care one iota that they also chucked out my and everybody else's retorts to his crassness into the bargain, it was only right.. but someone had to stand up to him so I went for it and tackled him head on and bugger the consequences if they banned me - in the end, his efforts to derail the thread came to nothing and the discussions well back on track.

With a bit of luck him and people like him will piss off out of it altogether now and let all the genuine people there discuss what has the potential to be a huge deal for us QQ guys and a lot of other people who are into Surround Music and Quad who have either not yet discovered this forum or choose to remain anonymous, etc.

thanks fredblue...those look like the real deal! better than any i've found so far...

you're welcome :) they're the later, bigger hinged variety so not ideal for the discs that came with slightly larger scale inlay cards originally in narrow hinged SJBP's... unless you want to get nifty with a craft knife! :yikes

you're welcome :) they're the later, bigger hinged variety so not ideal for the discs that came with slightly larger scale inlay cards originally in narrow hinged SJBP's... unless you want to get nifty with a craft knife! :yikes

ahh good to know..i'm not too crafty so best just stick with taping the cracked cases i have! thanks..

Yes Fragile

Tull Benefit

Doobie Brothers The Captain and Me

The Doors L.A. Woman

The Doors Morrison Hotel

The Doors Strange Days

The Doors Waiting For The Sun

The Doors s/t

David Crosby IICORMN

Steely Dan Gaucho

Kem - II (DualDisc with a 48/24 DVD-A portion)
I just love to purchase American discs pressed in Austria from a Hong Kong seller;)

Ogre.jpg

Packaging smells like a Hefeweizen (y)

Having been away I have quite a collection waiting for me!

Lori Lieberman - Bricks Against The Glass (Pure Audio Blu-ray)
Miles Davis - Seven Steps To Heaven (SACD multi 3ch?)
Soundgarden -Superunknown Box Set (5.1 Blu-ray)
Anathema - Distant Satellites Box Set (5.1 DVD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back