What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 215
Porcupine Tree, Deadwing 2013 Japanese version HDCD+DVD A. I think this completes my PT surround collection. six studio, two live DVD A/Vs. "I've got moonlight leaking from out of my hole".

The PT Anesthetize Blu-ray (Video) with DTS-HDMA is a must! SW surround mix too!

I've been out of the game for a little while, but finally picked this up from eBay the other day...

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots - DVD-A
10473618_10152551837800499_5499968164489670961_n.jpg

The seller also had a reasonably priced copy of the Frankie Goes To Hollywood SACD but it tipped to the wrong side of my self imposed £50 limit :(

I've been out of the game for a little while, but finally picked this up from eBay the other day...

View attachment 14616

The seller also had a reasonably priced copy of the Frankie Goes To Hollywood SACD but it tipped to the wrong side of my self imposed £50 limit :(

Be carefull, the "Do you realize" track revolves around 360 degrees then reverses direction.

Donnas - Gold Medal DVD-A (Dualdisc) - Signed!!!

Love the black velvet slipcase...

I really like that Donnas album, and the mix gets and unfair amount of stick here I think. Yes, it's not mixed like a Porcupine Tree album, but there are discrete elements (guitars mostly) in the rears and nice center channel vocals.

It's also worth mentioning that for DualDisc haters the European version of this was a CD + DVD set, like the way the Talking Heads DualDiscs were CD+DVD sets in Europe. It's usually available for next to nothing too, given it's low profile.

Now I just have to figure out how to make their lead guitarist my mountain bride... :mad:@:

I checked back on the QQ Poll for the Donnas 5.1 and a couple of years ago I'd said it seemed like mostly drums in the rears (and mostly remember it being a sub par disc in general.. so much so I voted it a seriously uncharacteristically low "2" on here then..). I guess I need to revisit it :)

After one casual listen I have to say that The Donnas disc is better than I was expecting (which wasn't much though)...

The music is quite "catchy" which is the big redeeming feature for me...

I pulled the pin on 'Yoshimi' last night and grabbed a 2nd hand copy from Amazon for under $25 USD (Shipping has another $14 though...). I hope it plays ok...

I had not heard anything from these guys until you posted this Failed Muso. Then I read the QQ poll comments and although there is mention of compression (which I hate) I decided to go ahead based on the surround mix and having a preview listen to a few tracks on the web.

I pulled the pin on 'Yoshimi' last night and grabbed a 2nd hand copy from Amazon for under $25 USD (Shipping has another $14 though...). I hope it plays ok...

I had not heard anything from these guys until you posted this Failed Muso. Then I read the QQ poll comments and although there is mention is compression (which I hate) I decided to go ahead based on the surround mix and having a preview listen to a few tracks on the web.

If you like aggressive mixes - then you'll like this one...

it's totally "in your face"....

I had not heard anything from these guys until you posted this Failed Muso. Then I read the QQ poll comments and although there is mention is compression (which I hate) I decided to go ahead based on the surround mix and having a preview listen to a few tracks on the web.
Scheiner's most ambitious mix makes this a must have for any collector of surround music.

The Voice Of Gregorian - Gregorian Singers (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

What a curious thing.. Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick this is an album of Gregorian chant renditions of pop songs by the likes of Eric Clapton, Elton John, U2, Mariah Carey, Ronan Keating.. :eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 122
I haven't heard the Signals DVD-A yet, but I like A Farewell To Kings in 5.1 a lot. I find myself cranking that one pretty often.

FTK is the best of the Rush 5.1 titles. Signals is the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back