What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard the Signals DVD-A yet, but I like A Farewell To Kings in 5.1 a lot. I find myself cranking that one pretty often.

If you like Rush you can't go wrong in getting any of the Dvda's put out so far.
Some don't like some of the Rush like Signals as it isn't majorly discreet,its got some subtle stuff going on in rears.
I had a Dts burn of Signals did not like it very much but eventualy bought the Sector box and the Dvda layer was a huge improvement to just having Dts only, I enjoy it alot now.
My fav's are FTK,2112,Moving Pictures,Signals and then FBN in that order.
The Dvda's are not perfect but they are best sounding versions I have of the same albums and i had the Lp and cd's before this.

peter

Deadwing - Porcupine Tree (DVD-Audio).

Better late than never.. :)

What the? :confused:

You only got this now??? :yikes

That is probably my most played DVD-Audio.... Great Elliot mix (assisted by Steven Wilson).... Adrian Belew as guest guitar on a couple of tracks... this one goes to 11 for me....

Delay adding to 'the pile' thru timing rather than choice.. when it came out I wasn't voraciously snapping up any disc just cos it was surround and by the time I'd found this place and found out about SW/PT in Surround it was expensive. I sat tight and waited for a slipcover DVD-A for decent money.. and 5 years later, there you go!

this was a lucky deal :smokin

Born - At the end of the day (MCH/SACD)

51tLnzR3v6L.jpg

this was a lucky deal :smokin

Born - At the end of the day (MCH/SACD)

View attachment 14638

I think you have to he careful with this one.. the first copy I got wouldn't play the SACD layer, only the CD layer.. so I had to hunt for it all over again.. second time lucky it played the Surround ok but I don't think it was really worth the hassle "at the end of the day" :mad:@: :eek:

Had some time to scour eBay and Amazon UK for some secondhand SA-CD bargains and thus far have bagged the following (prices include postage):

Pink Floyd - DSotM £4.75
Nine Inch Nails - Downward Spiral £5.25
Goldfrapp - Supernature £2.26 (bargain of the week)
Super Furry Animals - Lovekraft £2.57
Nick Drake - A Treasury £4.05
Snow Patrol - Final Straw £4.60

With my already-owned (but never played via SA-CD player until this week) Depeche Mode Playing the Angels and War of the Worlds I now have 10 discs (two of them are double SA-CDs, okay). Woo-hoo...

I love this whole new bargain hunt trail. Also found myself going into a lot more charity shops this week (and Poundland stores too - worth checking these as they often have early 2000s Replay titles for, er, a pound - bound to be an SA-CD or two amongst that lot somewhere)

If you like Rush you can't go wrong in getting any of the Dvda's put out so far.
Some don't like some of the Rush like Signals as it isn't majorly discreet,its got some subtle stuff going on in rears.
I had a Dts burn of Signals did not like it very much but eventualy bought the Sector box and the Dvda layer was a huge improvement to just having Dts only, I enjoy it alot now.
My fav's are FTK,2112,Moving Pictures,Signals and then FBN in that order.
The Dvda's are not perfect but they are best sounding versions I have of the same albums and i had the Lp and cd's before this.

peter

Sadly 2112 only gets good (talking mix here) after 2112. Don't understand what they were doing on that (title) track. The rest of the songs have more going on in the rears and sounds nice. None of the Rush in 5.1 I would consider great but there are some tracks that are nice. Like mentioned, Signals is the most disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back