What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved A Passion Play thanks (though I've only played the main album not tried the Chateau stuff yet). Hope you're enjoying it too?

I've played both 5.1 discs and they are superb in every respect. And what a good package with that excellent book :D. And for the stunningly low Amazon pre order price of only £17.99, incredible value :banana:

I've got the Bob Marley 5.1 blasting today (since I've got the luxury of another day off! Yeay!) What a lovely disc! :banana: :smokin

Especially with the sun shining outside :sun

haha! :D noo..! I've still got about 500 SACDs on my sa-cd.net wishlist.. tons more still to get!

Loved A Passion Play thanks (though I've only played the main album not tried the Chateau stuff yet). Hope you're enjoying it too?

I've got the Bob Marley 5.1 blasting today (since I've got the luxury of another day off! Yeay!) What a lovely disc! :banana: :smokin

500 SACDs on the want list? The record labels selling SACDs thank you! :)

haha! :D noo..! I've still got about 500 SACDs on my sa-cd.net wishlist.. tons more still to get!

You guys do realize that some of us are "starving" in this 5.1 world? No Quadrophenia, No Passion Play, No Marley. Wouldn't hurt to keep it down a bit until we catch up. ;)

Black Crowes.jpg

Feel free to expand on those observations; hearing good things about that one. It's in transit and I should have my hands on it soon.

Will do presently, the Division Bell DVD just arrived... so far, so absolutely terrific! the surround mix is beautiful.. and sound quality just superb.. as good as you'll ever hear lossy DTS for a music only disc, imho.

I wonder what % of SACD sales is in the Rock/Pop category? What genre is the top seller?

sa-cd.net doesn't list everything on the format (it would be unfair to expect it to) but it is v.comprehensive.

at present, they're showing:

Total number of titles on SACD = 9,478

..with their rock/pop filter narrowing it down to = 740

..and the MultiChannel filter drops that down to = 287

..in other words I don't know.. but there are some fascinating stats for you! :p

Will do presently, the Division Bell DVD just arrived... so far, so absolutely terrific! the surround mix is beautiful.. and sound quality just superb.. as good as you'll ever hear lossy DTS for a music only disc, imho.

Of course Division Bell has arrived as well. Why wouldn't it. Apparently it is raining 5.1 in some parts of the world. It's frickin' dry in this 5.1 desert ;)

desert.jpg

Fred, how about in comparison to Steven Wilson's Tull mixes on DTS DVD?

kinda tricky, I wasn't doing any kind of comparison at the time, just lapping up the new PF mix, it's really delightful.

right off the bat there's the big difference of SW's fondness for the centre channel Vs. the Division Bell with scant centre info from what I could detect.. but that's about it, TDB surround is lovely in its own right: discrete and expansive, opening up the sound the way the best surround music mixes do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back