The Who: Quadrophenia - Live in London Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received the Blu-Ray last saturday. My player Marantz UD5007 couldn`t load the disc. And i heard the same vibrating noise.
I could see at the edge of the disc that it was not manufactured right - it was not flat !
Now i hope my replacement from JPC will arrive soon and not be faulty.

sounds like a bad batch gone out in Germany :( I'll inspect my standalone HFPA disc tonight and see if its flat.. I thought these HFPA's all came out of one plant that Olivier Robert Murphy's mate owned so they got them pressed up cheap.. maybe not all HFPA's are pressed the same and/or in the same pressing plant after all..?

I received the Blu-Ray last saturday. My player Marantz UD5007 couldn`t load the disc. And i heard the same vibrating noise.
I could see at the edge of the disc that it was not manufactured right - it was not flat !
Now i hope my replacement from JPC will arrive soon and not be faulty.

I had the same problem with my DENON DBP-2012UD. 1/4 of the edge was not flat, but I didn't wanted to be bothered with returning the disc to jpc.de (Germany), so with a little help of a nail file the edge is now flat. The disc starts up without any vibrations now, and it plays without any problems.

The edge was actually so rough that it barely could fit in the tray before.

I was just writing to JPC. I asked if they checked the disc they send me now and described the non-flat edge.
I also told them there are more people with damaged "Quadrophenia" Blu-Ray.

I got an answer form JPC:

"vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.
Der Artikel wurde bereits einmal geprüft, allerdings mussten wir hier feststellen, dass der Rand ebenfalls beschädigt ist.
Wir werden nun ein weiteres Exemplar für Sie prüfen.
Bitte haben Sie ein wenig Geduld."

Google Translation:
"Thank you for your email.
The item has been previously examined, however, we found here that the edge is also damaged.
We will now consider another copy for you.
Please have a little patience. "

:slap:

My UMG package should be here on Saturday or Monday...:spot

Waiting for 5.1 sucks :zzzzz

@Fred: Thanks for all the great pictures & detective work. :)

@Keenly: Which 6 recordings did you order?

I'm back :sun. I ordered the Quadrophenia studio 5.1 disc from Amazon UK this morning, and its just preparing for dispatch now :). Hope you get yours soon. This will be something else great to listen to until the end of the month, when my eagerly awaited Tull's A Passion Play hopefully arrives :banana:

I'm back :sun. I ordered the Quadrophenia studio 5.1 disc from Amazon UK this morning, and its just preparing for dispatch now :). Hope you get yours soon. This will be something else great to listen to until the end of the month, when my eagerly awaited Tull's A Passion Play hopefully arrives :banana:

Welcome back from Holiday m8 :)

I hope you didn't harm the barmaids too much. :rolleyes:

A lot of us are waiting for Quadrophenia 1973 5.1. Looks like UMG pressed a bad batch???

I got Passion Play and Division Bell on pre-order. Every day I check my mailbox. :D

Great quality control on Blu-rays these days.... :mad:

We haven't had a good run.....

Is a "bad run" the reason Amazon US delayed the pre-orders after all? I didn't hear or read anything official, and not many complaints at all about the ones that did get out, really....

Personally, I think the Amazon US delay is because they're importing these discs from Europe. Amazon does this all the time - they show the release date as being the same as the European release date, and then on the scheduled release date their availability gets pushed back by 2-3 weeks.

I don't have any proof, but I believe this is because where they may take preorders up until release day, the process of physically shipping the discs from their overseas warehouses to the US doesn't happen until day one of the European release date.

I received the email from Amazon today about the new release date of July 8. I went back to check the webpage again and see they have removed the digital download for Live in London and any reference to an AutoRip for the title. They did send me an mp3 credit though I wonder if they plan on a corresponding AutoRip or download for the Studio album?

I ordered my Quadrophenia studio album Blu ray from Amazon UK (its been dispatched), and have just downloaded the Auto Rip. The download is the Live in London set :).

Funny, on the Amazon UK page for the Quadrophenia studio album Blu ray, its now saying:

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

My new order is here now. A test with my finger shows me that this disc is better.

At home i must feed my player und have a look if there is an error or not.

I ordered my Quadrophenia studio album Blu ray from Amazon UK (its been dispatched), and have just downloaded the Auto Rip. The download is the Live in London set :).

Funny, on the Amazon UK page for the Quadrophenia studio album Blu ray, its now saying:

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

Is your copy ok from Amazon.uk and any other people's fine from there?

Last night I ordered a copy from amazon.uk and cancelled my order from amazon.ca as keep getting delays so when I checked this morning to see that amazon.uk is not sending these any more I thought great I cancel my preorder from amazon.ca which was cheaper than the one ordered from UK and now I don't get it any way. I got a email just minutes ago saying its shipped so I might have gotten one of the last ones that are shipped from amazon.uk before they pulled the plug(PHEW).
Not sure yet if this is good news or bad news so curious again how other peoples orders from amazon.uk turned out.

peter

Got my copy of the standalone HFPA disc today from the UK.
I initially ordered from Amazon US but was told it would not be available for 2 to 4 weeks.
It cost me only $1.25 more from the UK site.
No download ticket in mine either, but then, really... who cares? :)
It does sound great too!
(And my disc is absolutely fine...)

I initially ordered from Amazon US but was told it would not be available for 2 to 4 weeks.
It does sound great too!

That's great news! I didn't switch so I'm still waiting for Amazon US to deliver the goods.

It does sound great too!

DMJ, you must also have your disc by now or tomorrow at the latest. Switching to Amazon UK was a savvy move on your part. I should have taken your lead. Well done Bro (y)

Back