ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Trilogy was supposed to be out before BSS and the 40th anniversary jazz that ensued. It's a 3 disc package like the first two. Chillax.

With all due respect to ELP fans who were not as outraged as I was, I will be voting, but for something else. If I could vote twice for something else, I would.

The good doctor has said it best. Though it is nice to see the attention for these progressive music box sets. And we should support that by voting, but, the fact they make you register and give an email adress leads me to conclude that the poll hoster cares more about data mining and marketing than genuine feedback from those of us that actually paid for the product. I say no thanks. About the BSS box: Pete Townshend said it best: "...Lets forget you better still!"

Can't effin wait for Trilogy in October though... I still hold faith that it will be a good 5.1 mix and solid product. If not, I will simply play my Tarkus, old BSS & ELP 1st 5.1 mixes till the cows come home!

The good doctor has said it best. Though it is nice to see the attention for these progressive music box sets. And we should support that by voting, but, the fact they make you register and give an email adress leads me to conclude that the poll hoster cares more about data mining and marketing than genuine feedback from those of us that actually paid for the product. I say no thanks.

+1

Kitty is dreaming of a Blu-ray version of all of them.

Or if it can only be dvd-audio, at least make it playable on the same machines that the first two were playable on, unlike the recent Yes and xtc non-playable disks.

Attachments

• kitty1.jpg
    kitty1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 306
What's the issue with the discs you mentioned?
Neither of them was playable on my machine so had to sell them. The only message shown by the player was "Nonsupport" as if they were the wrong region or something. The other 130+ dvd-audio disks I have play fine on the machine.

Rumors on Trilogy and WBMF... Obviously there's an earlier album missing. So PAAE is ruled out for good???
Maybe a 5.1 out of it was never possible... I guess someone already mentioned that (along the 88 pages of this topic).

It seems "In Concert"/"Works Live" wouldn't end up as a remarkable 5.1 as well, as for what I know the orchestral tracks came from a venue in which the multitrack recorder failed (so they used a back-up stereo source, and I've heard bootlegs sound way better than that)... Well, at least Introductory Fanfare, Peter Gunn, Tiger In a Spotlight could be 5.1. Don't know if there are a lot of 5.1 possibilities with live tracks like Watching Over You, Maple Leaf Rag, Show Me The Way to Go Home. Anyway, if there were non 5.1 tracks on S/T, the same could take place with In Concert...

Rumors on Trilogy and WBMF... Obviously there's an earlier album missing. So PAAE is ruled out for good???
Maybe a 5.1 out of it was never possible... I guess someone already mentioned that (along the 88 pages of this topic).

Where did you hear/read that an earlier ELP album was missing?
I must say I have never heard officially for sure if the Multitracks for "Pictures" still exist, but I have also heard nothing to the contrary either.

Pictures At An Exhibition was a 'live' album . You would think that the masters and multi's would still exist for that. It's a favourite of mine. Would love to hear that in 5.1

Back