What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of getting Surf's Up just so I can have The Beach Boys "Sail On Sailor" in surround. :)

Guess what!? I went ahead and ordered it AND Classic Crooners. Maybe I am crazy! LOL!

But, Geez...if people don't want these 5.1 mixes, I'll GLADLY take them off their hands. I would have ordered the Classic Rock DVDA, but prices are a bit steep for me at the moment. I'll keep an eye out for a cheaper copy.

In the meantime, I'll be singing "Crazy" with Willie in 5.1........ :51banana:

Overkill - Mötorhead (DVD-A).

image.jpg

Pat Benatar - From the Front Row live (DVDA)

Yeah, I know...another Faux 5.1.

This might not be much more than a 2-ch stereo recording, but it is a GREAT performance and as a 24/96 stereo DVDA, it rocks! Even as a 3-ch recording across the front, it's decent.

I haven't heard Pat in years. She is in excellent form in this live recording. One hit after another.

Oh yeah... Hit me with your best shot! :spot

Inside the Music - New Wave (DVDA)

I've been pleasantly surprised by the variety of songs and the quality of the 5.1 mix of these Silverline DVDAs.

Having said that, I must be honest and say I'm a bit disappointed with 2 songs on New Wave. The main reason I bought it was for "Missing Persons - Destination Unknown". But... they screwed it up!! :mad:@: The vocals especially are off. Dale's voice almost sounds like a track from a rehearsal or something. This is all the more surprising because "Missing Persons - Words" on Women on Top is nearly perfect!!! What happened!? (Maybe it will grow on me after a couple of listenings...I hope!) The same can be said about Billy Idol's vocals. His voice doesn't blend into the overall sound image on "Eyes Without a Face." Actually, the 5.1 mix for Billy's song is pretty good. Too bad!!

Anyway... On a positive note the overall balance is a lot more even on New Wave. Women on Top's volume setting is all over the place. This one has an even volume setting.

Also the 2 songs by Blondie were handled better than on Women on Top's Blondie - Heart of Glass

And finally, the best for last... The prize for best song goes to "General Public - Tenderness."

An absolute joy!!! I loved this group back in the 80s. This one song by itself is worth the price of admission.

I'll be dancing on the ceiling! :banana:

Inside the Music - New Wave (DVDA)

I've been pleasantly surprised by the variety of songs and the quality of the 5.1 mix of these Silverline DVDAs.

Having said that, I must be honest and say I'm a bit disappointed with 2 songs on New Wave. The main reason I bought it was for "Missing Persons - Destination Unknown". But... they screwed it up!! :mad:@: The vocals especially are off. Dale's voice almost sounds like a track from a rehearsal or something. This is all the more surprising because "Missing Persons - Words" on Women on Top is nearly perfect!!! What happened!? (Maybe it will grow on me after a couple of listenings...I hope!) The same can be said about Billy Idol's vocals. His voice doesn't blend into the overall sound image on "Eyes Without a Face." Actually, the 5.1 mix for Billy's song is pretty good. Too bad!!

Anyway... On a positive note the overall balance is a lot more even on New Wave. Women on Top's volume setting is all over the place. This one has an even volume setting.

Also the 2 songs by Blondie were handled better than on Women on Top's Blondie - Heart of Glass

And finally, the best for last... The prize for best song goes to "General Public - Tenderness."

An absolute joy!!! I loved this group back in the 80s. This one song by itself is worth the price of admission.

I'll be dancing on the ceiling! :banana:

I love Missing Persons....awesome band....from back in the day.

I love Missing Persons....awesome band....from back in the day.

Yeah - me too. Since the breakup, Terry has been tearing it up. One of the best drumset players in the world. I suppose I ought to go find some of Dale's recent solo work and have a listen. Hard to get that PVC outfit that she wore with MP out of my head, though.

Yeah - me too. Since the breakup, Terry has been tearing it up. One of the best drumset players in the world. I suppose I ought to go find some of Dale's recent solo work and have a listen. Hard to get that PVC outfit that she wore with MP out of my head, though.

Uh, yeah.....the outfit scarred me for life. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back