DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best Of Trance (V/A DualDisc).

I know absolutely zilch about this one other than it was sold as a 5.1 disc, so....

image.jpg

Gavin Harrison - Cheating The Polygraph. Have just listened to this :). Excellent music - jazzy/big band interpretations of P Tree songs. On first listen, an excellent and discrete surround mix (y)

Minstrel In The Gallery!!!! Holy Pope on a rope, I wasn't expecting this to arrive today :) :yikes :banana:

It's so unfair, I haven't even had a chance to listen to Trilogy properly yet, and then this arrives! Oh well, I suppose if ELP's people had done this one then it would have been Munstrel In The Gallery :cool:

Minstrel In The Gallery!!!! Holy Pope on a rope, I wasn't expecting this to arrive today :) :yikes :banana:

It's so unfair, I haven't even had a chance to listen to Trilogy properly yet, and then this arrives! Oh well, I suppose if ELP's people had done this one then it would have been Munstrel In The Gallery :cool:

In the words of Monty Python (life of Brian) "You lucky, lucky b*st$/d!" ;)

Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery 2CD/2DVD
British Sea Power - Man of Aran - CD/DVD DD
Capture.JPG

Minstrel in the Gallery ...
Tull is a LOVE/HATE thing for me...I love Aqualung, Warchild, TAAB and Benefit...not a big fan of APP, but I was never familiar with Minstrel...and I am pleasantly surprised, great mix (both SW and JJ) and , as always great value....would LOVE to have them do Songs from the wood...

Let us know what you think of it when you get a chance to check it out? :)
British Sea Power - Man of Aran

Its an interesting release, you get a studio version and a live version both in 5.1, played to an old 1934 movie "Man of Aran" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Aran

Sound is Dolby Digital only, and is mainly in the fronts with ambiance in the rears unfortunately. Sound quality isn't top notch either.

Its OK - I wouldn't call it similar to Sigur Ros (as mentioned in the other thread) - its repetitive - but that suits the film.

Not something I'll play much...

Back