DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

WOW! This is fantastic! The 5.1 mix breathes new life into this classic.

Here's a little more info... http://www.examiner.com/review/monster-music-offers-new-hds-remix-of-miles-davis-sketches-of-spain

http://www.amazon.com/Sketches-Spai...1-spell&keywords=Sketches+of+Spain+super+disc

Last edited:
Oh yeah! I've had it on a Japan CD, 2ch SACD, Miles/Gil Evans box, Complete Miles Davis on Columbia box, and this one. I was less than impressed with the 5.1 Kind of Blue, and Brubeck's Time Out, which were both done by placing speakers at the front of the SAME studio they were recorded in. Microphones were placed at the rear to record the studio's ambiance. BFD! But, the surround effects here are good. The music is impeccable, and the fidelity is good. Too bad all Noel's "HD" releases are DVD-V. That's my only bitch.

A Winner!

View attachment 18725

WOW! This is fantastic! The 5.1 mix breathes new life into this classic.

Here's a little more info... http://www.examiner.com/review/monster-music-offers-new-hds-remix-of-miles-davis-sketches-of-spain

British Sea Power - Man of Aran

Its an interesting release, you get a studio version and a live version both in 5.1, played to an old 1934 movie "Man of Aran" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Aran

Sound is Dolby Digital only, and is mainly in the fronts with ambiance in the rears unfortunately. Sound quality isn't top notch either.

Its OK - I wouldn't call it similar to Sigur Ros (as mentioned in the other thread) - its repetitive - but that suits the film.

Not something I'll play much...

Thanks mate :)

Minstrel In The Gallery box has been opened and the SW surround mix is pleasantly owning the playback room.

Keep Calm and Have Patience

Screen shot 2015-05-24 at 4.04.12 PM.pngDepeche Mode Violator (today due to a rare Sunday USPS mail delivery:banana:): I bought the Black Celebration and Sounds of the Universe CD/DVD's a few years ago but after receiving the PAL version of Ultra (won't play on the Oppo 93) I've been hesitant to order more. Fortunately the Mexican versions are available and NTSC so Construction Time Again and Speak & Spell are on the way now too. Oh, and thanks to Mr. Neil Wilkes for his helpful poll reviews concerning these DM releases.

SNAP!... I just got this too!

The Offspring DualDisc gets a lot of flack for being Dolby Digital only, being badly mixed and sounding (according to many) horrible. Funny. I really like that one. It's just right for the music. Of course, better quality would be preferable, but it sounds very good for Dolby!

Ayreon - 01011001 (Limited Edition) 2CD/DVD

41_big.jpg

On the DVD you get one track in glorious Dolby Digital 5.1...

01. Behind The Scenes
02. Beneath The Waves (Movie 2.0 / 5.1)
03. Guide Demos
04. Bloopers
05. Ed Warbys Session
06. Teaser Trailer
07. Credits

EDIT: Don't think I've seen this one mentioned before...

Ayreon - 01011001 (Limited Edition) 2CD/DVD

View attachment 19043

On the DVD you get one track in glorious Dolby Digital 5.1...

01. Behind The Scenes
02. Beneath The Waves (Movie 2.0 / 5.1)
03. Guide Demos
04. Bloopers
05. Ed Warbys Session
06. Teaser Trailer
07. Credits

EDIT: Don't think I've seen this one mentioned before...

Into the Electric Castle is his best album, just stereo but fantastic sound quality.
And I think you know this but he also has a 5.1 dd album called Actual Fantasy Revisited that doesn't sound too bad.

Into the Electric Castle is his best album, just stereo but fantastic sound quality.
And I think you know this but he also has a 5.1 dd album called Actual Fantasy Revisited that doesn't sound too bad.

Yeah - I have Actual Fantasy Revisted on DVD - its excellent!, and yes I agree that Electric Castle would be fantastic in 5.1. Its a shame that his (IMHO) worst album got the 5.1 treatment, and only in Dolby Digital.

His albums always have a great sound to them.

Yeah - I have Actual Fantasy Revisted on DVD - its excellent!, and yes I agree that Electric Castle would be fantastic in 5.1. Its a shame that his (IMHO) worst album got the 5.1 treatment, and only in Dolby Digital.

You were the first person I ever heard mention that Ayreon 5.1 a while back now iirc..! (y)
(I still need to buy it.. oops! :eek: )

I would love more Ayreon in 5.1, he was asked about this and said it was too costly. Maybe a kickstarter project is in order?

Back