Steven Wilson Steven Wilson 2.0/5.1/Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Logic? That's been a rare commodity indeed for this band for quite a while, imo. But I agree w/ you that would be the logical thing to do (which makes it unlikely). I agree we'll likely only get 1 Yes 5.1 released this year, unfortunately. I just wish they'd announce it already, even if we have to wait til Fall to get it. I just wanna know so if it is Tales, I can start that long period of anticipation.

As for the others you mention, I was never a fan of XTC and while I enjoy KC, I've never connected to their music on anywhere near the same level as I do to Yes.

Well your username is Prog Rules, and yes it does, but the remix I'm most looking forward to this year by far is "Roxy Music". I'm very excited about the Steve Hackett remixes too, but I don't know yet if the big "Premonitions" box is the only way to get them, which would be unfortunate if that was the case.
Truth is, with the exception of "Tales" and "Going for the One" (along with a better mix of "Fragile") we pretty much have the best Prog albums in surround already, so my focus is slowly turning towards other catalogues in anticipation, especially anything from Roxy Music and XTC, plus "Seeds of Love" from Tears for Fears would be sweet!
The reason they are not announcing the next remix yet is because things can change, and they probably will. From what I know, "Tales" was supposed to have been next in line for release after "The Yes Album", but they went with "Relayer" instead to mark the 40th anniversary.
Frankly I would hate for them to announce "Tales" for release in the fall right now, only for them to change and put out "Fragile" instead.

Well your username is Prog Rules, and yes it does, but the remix I'm most looking forward to this year by far is "Roxy Music". I'm very excited about the Steve Hackett remixes too, but I don't know yet if the big "Premonitions" box is the only way to get them, which would be unfortunate if that was the case.
Truth is, with the exception of "Tales" and "Going for the One" (along with a better mix of "Fragile") we pretty much have the best Prog albums in surround already, so my focus is slowly turning towards other catalogues in anticipation, especially anything from Roxy Music and XTC, plus "Seeds of Love" from Tears for Fears would be sweet!
The reason they are not announcing the next remix yet is because things can change, and they probably will. From what I know, "Tales" was supposed to have been next in line for release after "The Yes Album", but they went with "Relayer" instead to mark the 40th anniversary.
Frankly I would hate for them to announce "Tales" for release in the fall right now, only for them to change and put out "Fragile" instead.

I'm very excited about SW's Hackett re-mixes as well and also concerned that I might not be able to get them if they're only available in the expensive box. Hopefully they'll be like the Genesis box-sets and do individual releases as well. And yes, that would be cruel indeed if they announced Tales next then switched to another release.

So -"from what you know" is the Tales mix complete and ready to go, it's just a matter of when they decide to put it out? CttE has been my #1 wish for a surround release ever since I heard my 1st 5.1 disc (which was the original Fragile dvd-a), but Tales is a very close 2nd. I think that album will open up beautifully into surround and will be a revelation. "Dawn of the Light" indeed.

I'm very excited about SW's Hackett re-mixes as well and also concerned that I might not be able to get them if they're only available in the expensive box. Hopefully they'll be like the Genesis box-sets and do individual releases as well. And yes, that would be cruel indeed if they announced Tales next then switched to another release.

So -"from what you know" is the Tales mix complete and ready to go, it's just a matter of when they decide to put it out? CttE has been my #1 wish for a surround release ever since I heard my 1st 5.1 disc (which was the original Fragile dvd-a), but Tales is a very close 2nd. I think that album will open up beautifully into surround and will be a revelation. "Dawn of the Light" indeed.

I agree that "Tales" should open up beautifully into surround and should be a revelation indeed, and I bet SW feels the same way. It all comes down to what they decide to put out next and how far along they are on the other aspects of these releases, i.e. disc authoring, artwork design, liner notes, etc.

I'm growing tired of the YES catalog.....I know, I know. I wish he would do something like Kansas...now that would be amazing. Spread the love...

Now, now, let's not forget Going for the One! I am still dreaming about Awaken in surround. Probably I'll just be disappointed. :)

I'm growing tired of the YES catalog.....I know, I know. I wish he would do something like Kansas...now that would be amazing. Spread the love...

I can't see SW remixing Kansas as he seems to be mostly interested in British artists. But I'll do it! "Leftoverture" is just needing to get a surround remix done in time for its 40th anniversary next year. :)

I recall a previous SW interview where he spoke of Fragile being the next release in the Yes series.

That's true, but I think "Tales" might actually have been remixed before he began working on "Fragile", so it really is anyone's guess as far as what will actually be released next...

I can't see SW remixing Kansas as he seems to be mostly interested in British artists. But I'll do it! "Leftoverture" is just needing to get a surround remix done in time for its 40th anniversary next year. :)

That's true, but I think "Tales" might actually have been remixed before he began working on "Fragile", so it really is anyone's guess as far as what will actually be released next...

No doubt!! Come on Ryan...go for it. :)

Can't see it happening sadly, I think they'll peg out before then (unless SW bows out and Jakko takes over remixing for their later albums..)

:cool: 9 0 1 2 5 :cool:

I really hope for Time & A Word.
I love this album and the orchestra screaaaaaaams for a 5.1 mix.

Steven...is there anybody out there?...can you heaaaar meeeee? :)

AFAIK, remixing and reissuing any other Yes albums besides "Fragile" and "Tales" at this point is a 'let's wait and see' kind of situation.
I would love it if all 12 of the Atlantic albums (from 'Yes' to 'Big Generator') were remixed in surround, but only time will tell how far deep they end up going.

90125 already has a clear separation of instrumentation on the stereo version; a multichannel version with discrete vocal harmonies would blow my mind! I can dream...

Back