Roger Waters The Wall Live - Official Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to cancel my order for the 2 x blu-ray set and wait for a concert-only release.

I was planning to edit into individual concert-only songs but I'm worried there may be talk-overs to ruin that. I'm not interested in the egomentary.

I also read the two Gilmour & Mason guest appearance songs (2nd BD from London concert) were not great performances, actually below David's normally high standards. (Any confirmation of this please? - although for historical purposes this still needs to be seen)

Should I cancel and wait to read reviews before re-ordering?

I'm tempted to cancel my order for the 2 x blu-ray set and wait for a concert-only release.

I was planning to edit into individual concert-only songs but I'm worried there may be talk-overs to ruin that. I'm not interested in the egomentary.

I also read the two Gilmour & Mason guest appearance songs (2nd BD from London concert) were not great performances, actually below David's normally high standards. (Any confirmation of this please? - although for historical purposes this still needs to be seen)

Should I cancel and wait to read reviews before re-ordering?

Judge the performance for yourselves:
[video=youtube;HhRu9gvISO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhRu9gvISO4&spfreload=10[/video]

Judge the performance for yourselves

Thanks rtbluray.

Not the best version I've heard (DG probably not played that for a while prior). I'll probably stay with the extra disc version I think.

Gilmour's version on "Remember That Night" is very good IMO.

Rontoon: It's a Roger Water$ concert, so I am pretty sure we'll see a concert only release :)

Rontoon: It's a Roger Water$ concert, so I am pretty sure we'll see a concert only release :)
Sorry, you're wrong. His ego is controlling his vision of this release and he doesn't want it to be viewed as just a concert. No way is he going to compromise his "artistic vision" by offering us a concert-only edit. Ain't gonna happen. All the contents of the various versions have already been revealed so the argument is moot at this point in time.

Sorry, you're wrong. His ego is controlling his vision of this release and he doesn't want it to be viewed as just a concert. No way is he going to compromise his "artistic vision" by offering us a concert-only edit. Ain't gonna happen. All the contents of the various versions have already been revealed so the argument is moot at this point in time.
there is always the 10th anniversary ultra deluxe edition, with a concert only blu ray and another blu ray with the making of the making of documentary. All yours for only €1000,00 of course. And another Wall tour to promote it. And once that tour is finished Roger will definately work on that solo album ;)

Perhaps he doesn't want to release a concert only version as this may show up the parts where he is (allegedly) miming?

For some strange reason, at the moment on Amazon UK the price for this is £14.99 for both the single disc bluray and the double disc bluray versions!

Judge the performance for yourselves:
[video=youtube;HhRu9gvISO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhRu9gvISO4&spfreload=10[/video]

Thanks rt :)

I made it half way through and lost interest. Its all black. I'm so sick of this black stage thing with everybody wearing black. There is nothing to see so why even have visuals?

I thought Glimour's voice was fine. Great to see him atop the wall. I can still very clearly remember him singing on top the wall in Long Island NY, 1980. :music

Although I love the Wall, I will pass on this, in its current form. And actually, IMHO the "heart" of The Wall was: Mother - Young Lust - Hey You - Comfortably Numb - Run Like Hell. All songs that David at least co wrote. Roger's "surrogate" band only goes so far with me.

Here's hoping that next year we get the original Wall in 5.1! :smokin

Thanks rt :)

I made it half way through and lost interest. Its all black. I'm so sick of this black stage thing with everybody wearing black. There is nothing to see so why even have visuals?

I thought Glimour's voice was fine. Great to see him atop the wall. I can still very clearly remember him singing on top the wall in Long Island NY, 1980. :music

Although I love the Wall, I will pass on this, in its current form. And actually, IMHO the "heart" of The Wall was: Mother - Young Lust - Hey You - Comfortably Numb - Run Like Hell. All songs that David at least co wrote. Roger's "surrogate" band only goes so far with me.

Here's hoping that next year we get the original Wall in 5.1! :smokin

Actually, only three of those songs you mentioned were co-written by Gilmour, and those are "Young Lust", "Comfortably Numb", and "Run Like Hell".
The others were just co-sung between him and Roger (and very well too, I might add!)

For some strange reason, at the moment on Amazon UK the price for this is £14.99 for both the single disc bluray and the double disc bluray versions!

My order is with Amazon UK so I will now get the 2 disc for same price as the single.

Kind of a bonus after I have bought these The Wall versions over the years:
Original Vinyl Release
Laserdisc Movie
Original CD
Discovery CD
Bluray (coming)

I also paid over $600 to see Roger's Wall show here in Melbourne (my wife, youngest daughter and myself). This is the only reason I'm buying the blu-Ray, a reminder of that night. At that price I deserve a discount on the BD!!

Got mine earlier from amazon. Lovely packaging, although once again let down by card pockets housing the discs. The bonus disc is a nightmare to get out without it scraping against the card.

Mine shipped to AU on Saturday. I only just realised this has Atmos encoded audio, so it will be my first listen to an Atmos music release!

Got mine earlier from amazon. Lovely packaging, although once again let down by card pockets housing the discs. The bonus disc is a nightmare to get out without it scraping against the card.

Blimey you were right about removing the bonus disc, how did they get it in. No trouble with the main disc though that fell out. Both discs are now in plastic wallets, as there is plenty of room both discs sit in with the booklet, postcards and poster/flyer. A really lavish package for only £14.99 I was paying that for some single CDs twenty years ago.

I saw the first half of the concert blu ray today.
And I don't know, why so many people complain about the movie.
Yes there are breaks, but not too many.
I can enjoy it as a concert and the surround mix is stellar.

Hope you will enjoy it as much as me. :)

I saw the first half of the concert blu ray today.
And I don't know, why so many people complain about the movie.
Yes there are breaks, but not too many.
I can enjoy it as a concert and the surround mix is stellar.

Hope you will enjoy it as much as me. :)

Just finished watching the film and I agree with above and I'd highly recommended it. I thought I'd hate the docu segments after reading various forums/social media sites but the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I'd say the film footage between the concert footage totals no more than around 15 min, if that, and they occur at sensible breaks in the music.

The whole thing is superbly put together and well directed and the docu bits segue into the show really well. Can't fault any aspect of it myself.

I found the Dolby TrueHD track to be amazing, a great surround mix and audio quality is superb too (very crankable).

BTW, I reckon somebody could easily edit out pretty much all of the docu stuff and burn a new disc if so desired. For me, I'm happy with it as is.

My copy of the 2 disc set arrived today, no time to watch until tomorrow night, but what you 2 guys have said above has given me encouragement of what to expect :).

Back