Roger Waters The Wall Live - Official Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey jim:)

Can you please explain what the heck "jumping the shark" means? :yikes

I wanna "like" your post, bu I'm a bit confused. :mad:@:

It's like "screwed the pooch"...which I'm sure you are familiar with...I'm guessing that Jim's aquatic based forum name made it easier to utilize this expression...the last thing we want is for you to be confused...it just wouldn't be right...cruel even..I have to be careful though...because I'm confused...about your avatar...I seem to be drawn toward it...magnetic even...but that's a story for another time...let the force be with you laddie...

28inty8.jpg

I watched a bit of TV growing up in the '70s...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

I as well. I just realized that I had blocked out the "dark times" when Happy Days brought in "Pinky Tuscadero" and went right down the tubes. Kinda like when they added that stupid little Martian to The Flintstones...

So I had totally forgotten about when "Fonzie" rode his motorcycle for a stunt...

But I must agree with Good Sir Clint Eastwood, I much prefer the expression; "Screw The Pooch", that can put me in stitches in a matter of seconds. :D

P.S. I gave your original post a "like" on credit..(y)

All that money and you still won't get an unbroken concert video.

The worse part is that fans will eat this up just like they bought "The Endless Drivel"... So Roger will make a ton of $$$ and will have no incentive to provide a proper release for sale.

I saw Roger in 1985 at the LA Forum. The show was so horrible and "his" version of PF songs were so altered my pal and I walked out in disgust 2/3 into the show. We weren't the only ones. When word got out how horrible the shows were, the tour was cancelled due to half-empty arenas. Roger made his typical "clueless" reaction and said that although there were "few" fans, he had made a "quality" connection with them. Regardless Roger learned to give the fans what they want and in all three subsequent tours since then his band has played PF tunes note for note and with singers who sound just like Gilmour. :music

Now that Roger's Wall tour was a HUGE success his ego is back to the size of TEXAS and he couldn't care less what the fan wants. So I doubt we will get a better version if "this" version sells well.

And oh yeah...it even worse. One must deal with his vain bull s%it forced documentary and even if we cough up MORE $$$ for the bonus edition we need to change discs and kill the mood & flow(if they had been there to begin with) just to see Gilmour sing & play on comfortably numb!

We can't have David ruining Roger's surrogate band show on Disc 1 . No sir! :howl

Live concert discs have cut & pasted different shows, it is unforgivable not to insert DG's Comfortably numb in the main event. :mad:

But of course this is Roger Waters.

No $$$ from me Roger.

Hmm...I was hoping for a home made explanation from you..

As an IT professional I am quite familiar with how to Google something. (y)

Sorry, I didn't mean to be impersonal.

I thought "jumping the shark" just fit here.
It's like an ice sculpture at a corporate company christmas dinner. It's not that it's not neat and all. Just that most everyone there not having a corner office would rather see that money spent on literally anything else.

I really do have to be impressed with the level this one rises to!

I've never seen SDE slam a release like they did here.

"The super deluxe contains four 180g coloured vinyl records, a book, two CDs and three blu-rays and costs $500 plus taxes and shipping.
To put that in perspective Waters thinks him performing his old band’s album live has the same worth as every note Bob Dylan recorded in 1965 and 1966."

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...s-the-wall-higher-with-inflated-super-deluxe/

My favorite line is, " In perhaps the most ridiculous piece of music marketing ever, the official site boasts that this set is “5 1/2 feet when fully open” and “weighs 25 Ibs”. Whoopee Doo. When you have to start boasting about size and girth you know you’re in trouble."

My favorite line is, " In perhaps the most ridiculous piece of music marketing ever, the official site boasts that this set is “5 1/2 feet when fully open” and “weighs 25 Ibs”. Whoopee Doo. When you have to start boasting about size and girth you know you’re in trouble."

Well...I guess it's no mystery why the shipping isn't free:ugham:

Jumping the shark is fine. Just don't get Chuck Cunninghammed.

chuck-cunningham.jpg

This is called Chuck Cunningham Syndrome. Named after Richie & Joanie’s older brother who went up stairs and never came down. This is when a main character on a TV show vanishes with little to no explanation as to where they went. Most likely because we don’t need them or want them. Chuck was an extraneous character because Richie already had all the fatherly advice he needed in Tom Bosley and had Fonzie to teach him how to be the meat in a Tuscadero sandwich… so who needs an older brother?

Roger's Wall Update:

https://rogerwaters.com/sde/

Another Super Ultra Deluxe Premium, thousand dollar box announced and still no complete concert version in sight...

...But wait there's more!

“a new documentary about the making of the tour”

That makes it worth $500.00. (y)

Last edited:
The worse part is that fans will eat this up just like they bought "The Endless Drivel"... So Roger will make a ton of $$$ and will have no incentive to provide a proper release for sale.

I saw Roger in 1985 at the LA Forum. The show was so horrible and "his" version of PF songs were so altered my pal and I walked out in disgust 2/3 into the show. We weren't the only ones. When word got out how horrible the shows were, the tour was cancelled due to half-empty arenas. Roger made his typical "clueless" reaction and said that although there were "few" fans, he had made a "quality" connection with them. Regardless Roger learned to give the fans what they want and in all three subsequent tours since then his band has played PF tunes note for note and with singers who sound just like Gilmour. :music

Now that Roger's Wall tour was a HUGE success his ego is back to the size of TEXAS and he couldn't care less what the fan wants. So I doubt we will get a better version if "this" version sells well.

And oh yeah...it even worse. One must deal with his vain bull s%it forced documentary and even if we cough up MORE $$$ for the bonus edition we need to change discs and kill the mood & flow(if they had been there to begin with) just to see Gilmour sing & play on comfortably numb!

We can't have David ruining Roger's surrogate band show on Disc 1 . No sir! :howl

Live concert discs have cut & pasted different shows, it is unforgivable not to insert DG's Comfortably numb in the main event. :mad:

But of course this is Roger Waters.

No $$$ from me Roger.

What amuses me to death(yes I said it)is all the time Roger has spent doing Pink Floyd related material(about the only thing he's made money on)and then acts upset when the press asked him about Pink Floyd's newer projects and scolds the media for linking him to Pink Floyd:nuke..and it compounds the problem since he can't carry a tune in a grocery sack these days and lip syncs like a dog in heat...so he's basically a dual fraud...about all he can do is admire his image in a mirror and envision his likeness on English currency....the man has no shame...dirty deeds done dirt cheap(not really cheap but I love AC/DC so I thought I'd toss that one in)...this set does push the boundaries of absurd marketing to an alltime low...I wonder if Roger enlisted the help of some former Enron executives...a 5 and a half foot wall that weighs 25lbs:yikes...even John DeLorean's business plan of cocaine trafficking was a better decision that this one...I'm just speechless...these box sets have gone from wacky to absurd...from marbles and scarfs to cardboard walls...they must really think that music lovers are stupid..

Speaking of some of the bait and switch sales going on and audio formats that do more to prevent you from hearing content than deliver it...

I think they actually missed an opportunity here that would have completed this epic release.

The box needs to have a digital lock on it that requires you to Paypal Roger $100 every time you want to open it and access the contents. (Naturally the box would not allow just leaving it open.) That would allow you to listen to the mp3's. A $200 payment would let you listen to the CD's or colored vinyl. $300 to listen to the DVD's and then $800 to listen to the bluray discs.

Sigh... It could have been perfect! :D

Back