SPECWEB (Now 2.2)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick Rubin productions seem to separate really well with default settings... so far I've done "Masters Of Reality" (self-titled RBCD), "Electric" by The Cult (RBCD), and "13" by Black Sabbath (24x96 vinyl Rip)... all three give very discrete-sounding separation!

I've been using SpecWeb 1.1 and have not had any problems since the one on the 18th. I mch'd "Love It To Death", "Killer" and "School's Out" to fill Alice Cooper multi-channel void. "School's Out" came out fantastic. Also mch'd the Beatles 2009 remasters and my Monkees collection. "Pisces, Aquarius, etc" came out fantastic too. The Moog Synth on "Star Collector" seems to actually pan around the full 360 degrees as if someone was using a joy stick. A few tunes come out a bit funky now and then ("Yellow Submarine", "Savoy Truffle") but in general I'm lovin' this. Thanks to all involved. :cool:

P.S. Even you you never liked it, listen to"Revolution #9" after the SpecWeb treatment. Really cool.

It's not clear to me (without testing anyway) that setting the center width to zero will actually get you no center whatsoever. Spec and SpecWeb weren't designed for 4.0 or 4.1 and there is a lot of focus on the center channel in the code. The right way to create 4.0 or 4.1 would be to mix C equally into LF and RF.

I just did some testing with this and with center width set to 0 the center channel is pretty much off. Down like -40dB RMS, so you probably could just not use that channel (vs. mixing it back into LF and RF), but you will have to tell ZAG not to pump it back up. You could use -Z (uppercase) or ini zag = normonly, or you could set the Center to Fronts level to -110.

I can't think of any pre-processing that would "invert" or turn the stereo "inside out".

Hmm, but it would be easy inside ArcTan to rotate the whole sound field 180 degrees.

I wonder how often that would come in handy?

Seems to me I did have a version (of the full Spec) where you could arbitrarily rotate the sound field.

I just did some testing with this and with center width set to 0 the center channel is pretty much off. Down like -40dB RMS, so you probably could just not use that channel (vs. mixing it back into LF and RF), but you will have to tell ZAG not to pump it back up. You could use -Z (uppercase) or ini zag = normonly, or you could set the Center to Fronts level to -110.

Thanks for your usefull reply - I have played with this further and got a pretty good result.

Setting the centre width to 0 and also the centre gain to -115dB (I figured this would be like setting LFE to -115 to turn it off) I got a virtually silent centre channel. I set the front width to 40 which put most of the mix in the rears - leaving a little residual vocal reverb and the bass guitar (quite discrete) + acoustic guitar in the front. I set the overall sound field to 290 degrees (I did try using 360 but this pushed to much to centre rear), For the Zag I set 'c to front' at 0dB, 'LFE to front' at -9dB and 'rear to front' to +3dB (default is -3dB) which would result in the rear being louder than the front.

Once processed I just swapped Front to Rear using Sox and replaced the centre channel with complete silence - giving me a good sounding 4.1 mix (whith an empty centre to make it 5.1). I did try further processing the new fronts in SpecWeb to extract out the centre channel but the result did not sound so good.

Thanks again for all your work on this project - I sense many hours being spent having fun with this over the next little while!!

Last edited:
As a stereo to surround converter for 16 years I want to make my compliments for this piece of software. You guys did an excellent job and it's without doubt the most user-friendly conversion method. CHAPEAUX !!!
However : I do have some criticism on the quality of the sound. Being Dutch I was able to do the WAMINU masterclass by EoH. I converted a lot of albums with his software and it doesn't come anywhere close to user friendliness, but it does sound better.
I converted some albums that DKA did too and there is quite some difference especially in the sound of the rears. SPEC based conversions sound a lot worse in the rears than those done with WAMINU. I hear a lot of artefacts in the rears with the default settings and those are especially in the higher frequencies. I follow EoH's conclusion : better crystal clear sound and worse separation than a lot of separation with a bad sound !!
If you people wish, I can let you hear from the same song the difference in the rears with 4 different methods. But you can do this of course by yourself. Just load a mch FLAC in Soundforge or whatever soundeditor and listen to the rears only. I think you will get to the same conclusion. There are just too many artefacts in the rears.
And that's what worries me a bit (a lot ?). You made it so simple that everyone without any knowledge can make their own conversions and we have seen in the past on Dutch Spotnet what happens then : hundreds of DTS CD's posted that all have those nasty side effects in the rears. In the end this will be bad for all upmixing !
BUT I also listened to some albums done by another guy (holland123 ? IIRC) where the rears sounded a lot better than those of DKA or those I get out of SPEC.
So my question is : what's the trick to get better rears ? What does Holland123 do different than DKA ?
If it is a setting, I strongly advice to make that setting default !!

Holland123 is a member on QQ so maybe he will reply?

Have your tried Oversampling prior to SpecWeb conversion? That seems to improve the rear high frequencies.

I agree entirely with Garry. Oversampling for the conversion, even if you convert back to the original format afterwards makes a huge, huge difference.

Welcome To QQ!

Boy did I ever have a case of deja vu reading this post :)

I have been doing upmixes for a long time - hope it hasnt been 16 years but I started with EOH and have used all the methods that he and Kempfand have developed.

This was a regular discussion - EOH hated the artefacts and was a huge proponent of ambiance type conversions - me - well I was always after discreteness and seperation, and argued that you dont listen to the rears in isolation but to the overall 5.1 presentation. My favourite method was one called called SMACS and today SPEC is my method of choice and it is the best because it provides ways to get better results. A few things that I do to deal with the artefacts is to apply some post processing using Soundforge such as multidynamics and de-essing.

Also unfortunately as the web version of SPEC was introduced - I was hearing some things I wasnt happy with and Glenn has been steadily improving - I am using at least 3 versions that are alpha;s and not released, and it is definately better..:)

I will agree with you that there are quite often significant artefacts - mainly in the surrounds.. You can reduce them by upping the LS and RS blends - this though gives less seperation in the rears - obviously using 24/96 or 24/192 source stereo files results in better quality.

As good as SPEC is - how the stereo was originally mixed will really determine how good your results will be - in a general sense, I find that I get 1/3 of the albums result in conversions that I am very happy with - 1/3 are decent and acceptable - and 1/3 just do not convert well, and these ones I dont bother keeping.

I am not concerned about your comment that bad conversions will flood the internet primarily because not much lately has been posted, but more importantly, this SPECWEB and Garry's Helper are making this easy to do - why bother grabbing conversions from the net when you can do them yourself and do the music YOU like?

As a stereo to surround converter for 16 years I want to make my compliments for this piece of software. You guys did an excellent job and it's without doubt the most user-friendly conversion method. CHAPEAUX !!!
However : I do have some criticism on the quality of the sound. Being Dutch I was able to do the WAMINU masterclass by EoH. I converted a lot of albums with his software and it doesn't come anywhere close to user friendliness, but it does sound better.
I converted some albums that DKA did too and there is quite some difference especially in the sound of the rears. SPEC based conversions sound a lot worse in the rears than those done with WAMINU. I hear a lot of artefacts in the rears with the default settings and those are especially in the higher frequencies. I follow EoH's conclusion : better crystal clear sound and worse separation than a lot of separation with a bad sound !!
If you people wish, I can let you hear from the same song the difference in the rears with 4 different methods. But you can do this of course by yourself. Just load a mch FLAC in Soundforge or whatever soundeditor and listen to the rears only. I think you will get to the same conclusion. There are just too many artefacts in the rears.
And that's what worries me a bit (a lot ?). You made it so simple that everyone without any knowledge can make their own conversions and we have seen in the past on Dutch Spotnet what happens then : hundreds of DTS CD's posted that all have those nasty side effects in the rears. In the end this will be bad for all upmixing !
BUT I also listened to some albums done by another guy (holland123 ? IIRC) where the rears sounded a lot better than those of DKA or those I get out of SPEC.
So my question is : what's the trick to get better rears ? What does Holland123 do different than DKA ?
If it is a setting, I strongly advice to make that setting default !!

Speaking as someone who has downloaded and listened to literally hundreds of upmixes, I've found that for the most part, the mixes I'm getting from SpecWeb are generally of equal or better quality than a lot of that internet stuff. That being said, there are several upmixers that consistently produce upmixes with great separation, very little artifacts, and excellent sonics... Holland123 is at the top of the heap, IMO... I've found that while I'm replacing many of my downloaded upmixes with SpecWeb upmixes, the Holland123 material is still better than what I can do with SpecWeb myself...(so far!) And for novices such as myself who could never figure out how to use the other upmixing options/software, this is the greatest thing ever!!!! I don't think this software will ruin the world of upmixing, but it will raise the bar for upmixers and make the world of upmixing a whole lot larger... and people who just want to listen to music in surround (instead of sharing on the internet) can now create their own custom library of all their favorite albums. How could this be bad?

Thank you all for the replies, but I have to apologize because I was focused too much on the local Dutch "market" regarding the flood of upmixes with bad sounds. I saw your suggestions how to improve on artefacts, but ..... I have tried those and you cannot get rid of the artefacts for 100% . In WAMINU there are no artefacts at all. Holland123's upmixes sound a lot better than DKA's, but even in Hollands123' there are still artefacts. But they are not very hearable when you play the 5.1 . When playing the rears only (and sometimes also the center) you can still hear them.......
About this local issues.... we have a system called Spotnet. It's a giant database with all the posts from the major binaries groups on Usenet. You can announce your own posts there too and you're completely safe, because no where your IP can be found. The database is on your own harddrive and what you announce there to post, becomes a very long encrypted header in a not used newsgroup. It needs no registration.
Well, it started with a smart..s who posted hundreds of DTS CD's converted from stereo with a Prologic routine. His opinion was that that was the best ever conversion method, because every surround receiver has it built in....... go figure ! ;-)
Then they found SPEC and without changing any of the default settings they pumped a few hundred more through them. It gave a lot of wars becuse those guys always defended their way of doing things with nonsense arguments that showed they had absolutely no knowledge about upmixing nor about standard audio "rules" . They didn't even believed me when I said that FM radio is not HIFI !
Now these are the kind of upmixers we have here in the Netherlands and they don't post in the regular groups on Usenet nor can you find their upmixes by searching.......
And it's for those that I ask to make the best settings as default........ Now the artefacts are just too strong !
So... I don't ask it for myself...... i tried SPEC to it's limits and cannot get rid of ALL the artefacts, so WAMINU will remain my standard method to use.
But if there is a trick and it's possible to make it default for SPECWEB, then I should say : implement it in the defaults.

I'm sorry if there was any confusion about that. I am just worried these things happen again.....

Thank you all for the replies, but I have to apologize because I was focused too much on the local Dutch "market" regarding the flood of upmixes with bad sounds. I saw your suggestions how to improve on artefacts, but ..... I have tried those and you cannot get rid of the artefacts for 100% . In WAMINU there are no artefacts at all. Holland123's upmixes sound a lot better than DKA's, but even in Hollands123' there are still artefacts. But they are not very hearable when you play the 5.1 . When playing the rears only (and sometimes also the center) you can still hear them.......
About this local issues.... we have a system called Spotnet. It's a giant database with all the posts from the major binaries groups on Usenet. You can announce your own posts there too and you're completely safe, because no where your IP can be found. The database is on your own harddrive and what you announce there to post, becomes a very long encrypted header in a not used newsgroup. It needs no registration.
Well, it started with a smart..s who posted hundreds of DTS CD's converted from stereo with a Prologic routine. His opinion was that that was the best ever conversion method, because every surround receiver has it built in....... go figure ! ;-)
Then they found SPEC and without changing any of the default settings they pumped a few hundred more through them. It gave a lot of wars becuse those guys always defended their way of doing things with nonsense arguments that showed they had absolutely no knowledge about upmixing nor about standard audio "rules" . They didn't even believed me when I said that FM radio is not HIFI !
Now these are the kind of upmixers we have here in the Netherlands and they don't post in the regular groups on Usenet nor can you find their upmixes by searching.......
And it's for those that I ask to make the best settings as default........ Now the artefacts are just too strong !
So... I don't ask it for myself...... i tried SPEC to it's limits and cannot get rid of ALL the artefacts, so WAMINU will remain my standard method to use.
But if there is a trick and it's possible to make it default for SPECWEB, then I should say : implement it in the defaults.

I'm sorry if there was any confusion about that. I am just worried these things happen again.....

Just sent you a pm, please read, thanks!

Did an upmix of 'The Force Awakens' soundtrack last night... I was wondering what SpecWeb would do with classical music arrangements, well the separation is GREAT, and really enjoyable, but the placement of various instruments is pretty quirky. For instance, during the opening Star Wars theme, the main melody played by brass comes from the right rear speaker, other brass comes from the rear left, and strings from the center! Still, the mix is really enveloping, and when I compare the listening experience to stereo or music ripped from the surround layer of a movie, this is the best. I'm sure with adjustments the mix could be improved (If only I knew how to make those adjustments!) I'm now going to do the rest of the Star Wars soundtracks(y)

Welcome To QQ!

Boy did I ever have a case of deja vu reading this post :)

I have been doing upmixes for a long time - hope it hasnt been 16 years but I started with EOH and have used all the methods that he and Kempfand have developed.

This was a regular discussion - EOH hated the artefacts and was a huge proponent of ambiance type conversions - me - well I was always after discreteness and seperation, and argued that you dont listen to the rears in isolation but to the overall 5.1 presentation. My favourite method was one called called SMACS and today SPEC is my method of choice and it is the best because it provides ways to get better results. A few things that I do to deal with the artefacts is to apply some post processing using Soundforge such as multidynamics and de-essing.

Also unfortunately as the web version of SPEC was introduced - I was hearing some things I wasnt happy with and Glenn has been steadily improving - I am using at least 3 versions that are alpha;s and not released, and it is definately better..:)

I will agree with you that there are quite often significant artefacts - mainly in the surrounds.. You can reduce them by upping the LS and RS blends - this though gives less seperation in the rears - obviously using 24/96 or 24/192 source stereo files results in better quality.

As good as SPEC is - how the stereo was originally mixed will really determine how good your results will be - in a general sense, I find that I get 1/3 of the albums result in conversions that I am very happy with - 1/3 are decent and acceptable - and 1/3 just do not convert well, and these ones I dont bother keeping.

I am not concerned about your comment that bad conversions will flood the internet primarily because not much lately has been posted, but more importantly, this SPECWEB and Garry's Helper are making this easy to do - why bother grabbing conversions from the net when you can do them yourself and do the music YOU like?

What a very nice reply and how recognizable ! Nice to meet someone who obviously followed the same path as me.
i became a member in 1998 of the Doom9 forum. My hobby back then was to grab the complete sound from movies, edit out all speech and left with a wav containing all music played in that movie. Unfortunately writeable CD's were very expensive so I made MP3 out of them........ Biggest mistake ever ;-) I wish I still had those files in lossless ! After hearing 5.1 DTS CD's (Santana Abraxas and Alan Parsons On Air) I became interested in surround. But back then in 1999 nowhere were intructions how you could do that yourself. But in 1999/2000 EoH published the first ever stereo to surround method for the masses. My first conversion blew me away and I was hooked ;-) It took more than 10 hours to do a conversion !
Since that time I followed EoH. And although I was very passive on forums, I did read all I could find and built up enough knowledge. I never posted anything on a forum besides some thank you's for methods and conversions but I reacted directly to EoH by email. And that lead to a friendship that is still alive after 16 years.
I followed him to all his forums, tried every method I could find, not only those made by EoH and Kempfand. I was also on the "secret forum" ! And yes I remember SMACS ..... it was very similar in it's results to QSXTPRO IRRC.
It was a real disaster what happened on that secret forum and I asked EoH by email if I am allowed to tell here what was really wrong. He has no objections if I inform you.
EoH suffered from a lot of diseases. He had cancer in 2003 and problems with his veins in 2004 ..... In 2008 I noticed (and with me others on that forum) his character changed. He became overprotective about his own methods and had a lot of fights with all kind of people, even on non related subjects like the Beatles vs Roling Stones ..... In 2009 I got an email that all people would leave the secret forum to start a new one (SBU), but I was an EoH adept and decided not to go along with all those (for me !) foereigners who showed little respect to the man who invented it all ! It's like you say ..... most people who do stereo to surround for a longer time, began with an EoH method. But even I got into some arguments with EoH and I lost contact. Then suddenly in 2010 I got a very friendly email from him, without any of the paranoia he showed in 2008/2009. It seemed he was the EoH I knew again. Very generous in sharing it's methods and always helping newbies where possible. When I asked him what changed, he told me the story....... In the first months of 2008 EoH got problems with the nerves in his hands, fingers and toes. He suffered from Neuropathy. The doctor put him on a medicin that at first didn't help enough but after increasing the amount of pills, it did help a lot. It was however a medicin that also had a lot of nasty side-effects on his character and behaviour. He became paranoid and saw an enemy behind every tree. He told me that he wasn't aware of it during the time he swallowed those pills. He stopped in October 2009 and in early 2010 he was himself again !
So it's a rather sad story that a man has a disease and because of that disease loses his "life-work" . But I did understand what happened, because his behaviour was really outreagous without him recognizing it. In 2010 he told me that he never had the intention to get into all those fights, but he didn't make excuses for it, because he didn't realize it at that time when he was filled with pills. He also told me he didn't want to publish that on SBU because it would look like a
cheap excuse, which IMO it isn't, but I can understand his decision. So now I told what was themain reason why everything went wrong at a certain moment with him. He still has a lot of diseases but is the old EoH again !!

Well, I guess you know now I tried every method and can get reasonable results out of SPEC, but I am still worried about how SPECWEB will influence the Dutch "surround-scene" . And BTW it's not only the artefacts, a lot of songs done with SPEC behave a bit like a triangle in surround instead of 5 speakers. Fronts with -16 RMS -6 peak and rears with -19 RMS and peak 0.1 will give you a lot more rears orientated sound than you wish for. And that's also an issue fixed in EoH's WAMINU. It has separation and crystal clear sound and is mastered like modern loud CD's. And that's also it's shortcoming : when you try a stereo CD that is RMS -10 and peak 0, you cannot use WAMINU and those albums. If I really want to have a conversion of such an album, I grab SPEC.
Based on peaklevel is giving those triangle like sounds. A peak level can be ONE sample in a whole song with 44.1 samples a second, right ? It's better to use the RMS values as base...... and that's what WAMINU does with it's mastering process. And on 75 % the separation is almost equal to that of SPEC !
The numbers are the same here : 1/3 A+ 1/3 B 1/3 a C or lower ;-)

Nice challenge : Gentle Giants Octopus : song 1,2 and 5 are upmixes in DTS with the Penteo method. Rip the stereo 24/96 and try that one. LOL ! WAMINU and SPEC gave a better result than Penteo !!!!! But........ nagging mode....... SPECWEB with the artefacts, WAMINU without ! Incredible Steve Wilson uses That Penteo stuff ;-)

Well, I hope I made things a bit more clear with this and previous reply and I hope I gave yo'll enough information to reconsider your views about EoH. I think he will really appreciate that !!

Did an upmix of 'The Force Awakens' soundtrack last night... I was wondering what SpecWeb would do with classical music arrangements, well the separation is GREAT, and really enjoyable, but the placement of various instruments is pretty quirky. For instance, during the opening Star Wars theme, the main melody played by brass comes from the right rear speaker, other brass comes from the rear left, and strings from the center! Still, the mix is really enveloping, and when I compare the listening experience to stereo or music ripped from the surround layer of a movie, this is the best. I'm sure with adjustments the mix could be improved (If only I knew how to make those adjustments!) I'm now going to do the rest of the Star Wars soundtracks

Spec/SpecWeb is only expanding the stereo mix into surround. Instrument placement is dependent on where it was in the original stereo.

The only way to move things is to change the width controls, but again that won't change left for right, just which of the speakers on the left side get a certain position from the left side of the stereo mix.

Based on peaklevel is giving those triangle like sounds. A peak level can be ONE sample in a whole song with 44.1 samples a second, right ? It's better to use the RMS values as base...... and that's what WAMINU does with it's mastering process. And on 75 % the separation is almost equal to that of SPEC !

You may be interested to know that ZAG is an implementation of the original "spreadsheet method", used by EOH and others but not developed by him, but by the author of AudioMuxer.

With the latest versions of Spec/SpecWeb, there is also a "normonly gains" setting, in which the original mix controls the channel to channel levels, and only "normalization" is done, applying the same gain to all channels so the loudest peak is 0dB (or whatever your output settings is).

Re 1 sample out of the whole song, Spec has optional limiters and compressors, etc., to deal with that. I've been working on building those into SpecWeb, but have not been happy with the results yet.

What a very nice reply and how recognizable ! Nice to meet someone who obviously followed the same path as me.
i became a member in 1998 of the Doom9 forum. My hobby back then was to grab the complete sound from movies, edit out all speech and left with a wav containing all music played in that movie. Unfortunately writeable CD's were very expensive so I made MP3 out of them........ Biggest mistake ever ;-) I wish I still had those files in lossless ! After hearing 5.1 DTS CD's (Santana Abraxas and Alan Parsons On Air) I became interested in surround. But back then in 1999 nowhere were intructions how you could do that yourself. But in 1999/2000 EoH published the first ever stereo to surround method for the masses. My first conversion blew me away and I was hooked ;-) It took more than 10 hours to do a conversion !
Since that time I followed EoH. And although I was very passive on forums, I did read all I could find and built up enough knowledge. I never posted anything on a forum besides some thank you's for methods and conversions but I reacted directly to EoH by email. And that lead to a friendship that is still alive after 16 years.
I followed him to all his forums, tried every method I could find, not only those made by EoH and Kempfand. I was also on the "secret forum" ! And yes I remember SMACS ..... it was very similar in it's results to QSXTPRO IRRC.
It was a real disaster what happened on that secret forum and I asked EoH by email if I am allowed to tell here what was really wrong. He has no objections if I inform you.
EoH suffered from a lot of diseases. He had cancer in 2003 and problems with his veins in 2004 ..... In 2008 I noticed (and with me others on that forum) his character changed. He became overprotective about his own methods and had a lot of fights with all kind of people, even on non related subjects like the Beatles vs Roling Stones ..... In 2009 I got an email that all people would leave the secret forum to start a new one (SBU), but I was an EoH adept and decided not to go along with all those (for me !) foereigners who showed little respect to the man who invented it all ! It's like you say ..... most people who do stereo to surround for a longer time, began with an EoH method. But even I got into some arguments with EoH and I lost contact. Then suddenly in 2010 I got a very friendly email from him, without any of the paranoia he showed in 2008/2009. It seemed he was the EoH I knew again. Very generous in sharing it's methods and always helping newbies where possible. When I asked him what changed, he told me the story....... In the first months of 2008 EoH got problems with the nerves in his hands, fingers and toes. He suffered from Neuropathy. The doctor put him on a medicin that at first didn't help enough but after increasing the amount of pills, it did help a lot. It was however a medicin that also had a lot of nasty side-effects on his character and behaviour. He became paranoid and saw an enemy behind every tree. He told me that he wasn't aware of it during the time he swallowed those pills. He stopped in October 2009 and in early 2010 he was himself again !
So it's a rather sad story that a man has a disease and because of that disease loses his "life-work" . But I did understand what happened, because his behaviour was really outreagous without him recognizing it. In 2010 he told me that he never had the intention to get into all those fights, but he didn't make excuses for it, because he didn't realize it at that time when he was filled with pills. He also told me he didn't want to publish that on SBU because it would look like a
cheap excuse, which IMO it isn't, but I can understand his decision. So now I told what was themain reason why everything went wrong at a certain moment with him. He still has a lot of diseases but is the old EoH again !!

Well, I guess you know now I tried every method and can get reasonable results out of SPEC, but I am still worried about how SPECWEB will influence the Dutch "surround-scene" . And BTW it's not only the artefacts, a lot of songs done with SPEC behave a bit like a triangle in surround instead of 5 speakers. Fronts with -16 RMS -6 peak and rears with -19 RMS and peak 0.1 will give you a lot more rears orientated sound than you wish for. And that's also an issue fixed in EoH's WAMINU. It has separation and crystal clear sound and is mastered like modern loud CD's. And that's also it's shortcoming : when you try a stereo CD that is RMS -10 and peak 0, you cannot use WAMINU and those albums. If I really want to have a conversion of such an album, I grab SPEC.

Nice challenge : Gentle Giants Octopus : song 1,2 and 5 are upmixes in DTS with the Penteo method. Rip the stereo 24/96 and try that one. LOL ! WAMINU and SPEC gave a better result than Penteo !!!!! But........ nagging mode....... SPECWEB with the artefacts, WAMINU without ! Incredible Steve Wilson uses That Penteo stuff ;-)

Well, I hope I made things a bit more clear with this and previous reply and I hope I gave yo'll enough information to reconsider your views about EoH. I think he will really appreciate that !!

Hi, Surroundmaker and welcome to QQ :banana:, I'll leave the official welcome to our well respected member Mr. Snood :).

Thanks for clarifying some stuff around EoH (sorry to hear about his illnesses!), who's upmixes I know (and like) for a long time as well as his masterclass followers Mysyki70 and several others. I'm one of those guys that isn't as critical as he is, I like separation and never listen to the rears or center only so doing upmixing myself with QQSpecWebhelper (well SpecWeb basically) brings me a lot of joy especially because I can do this myself! Don't know if you know it but I followed Eoh's masterclasses myself but got stuck when I couldn't install certain programms needed, even after a complete Windows reinstall :yikes. Give us feedback if you can (and want to :D) all help is welcome for noobs like me. :51banana:

Back