ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vinyl - listening to Wings..... BACK TO THE EGG. Excellent...and according to the inner sleeve, here are the artists that played on a couple songs...

David Gilmour
Hank Marvin
Pete Townsend
John Bonham
John Paul Jones
Tony Ashton
Tony Dorsey
Ronnie Lane

Wow...what a band...and what an album.

Wings%202.jpg
Wings%201.jpg
Wings%203.jpg

Jim, right on the money. I loved the album Let it Be, the movie and for those who prefer the stripped down, Phil Spectorless version....there's always the Let It Be Naked album.

Yup. I did enjoy Naked when it was released, and of course it sounds quite good. But after awhile I was drawn back to the original versions. Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

Wish they'd release the film on BD~V (in 5.1) but there's been some controversy since McCartney always felt Let It Be [the film] portrayed the Beatles in a negative light.

But then again, Time Heals ALL!

Yes! I saw it more than once at the Saturday Midnight Cinema downtown as a lad back in the day. Those are fond memories as well - mostly of the ushers basically giving up telling people not to smoke, since about every third seat was lighting up something or another, whee! But I haven't seen it since. And I suppose Paul is right, it is kind of a documentary of the band breaking up; but after all these years I think we can all get through it without too much trauma, heh. And the rooftop show is just so cool. Who are those rowdy scofflaw kids making all that racket up there? Well, it's The Beatles, actually...

-- Jim

Been listening to Styx Paradise Theater SHM SACD...I say this all the time...but it's true...I don't play this disc enough...I love Snowblind so much..what a song...maybe tonight I'll watch one of the Styx blu ray concerts...I love this one..a really cool concert..

Snood saw them on that Tour in Lakeland Civic Center............you know where that is Clint!

Nice concert but too theatrical...........Pieces of Eight & Grand Illusion still Snood faves :banana:

Last edited:
Vinyl - listening to Wings..... BACK TO THE EGG. Excellent...and according to the inner sleeve, here are the artists that played on a couple songs...

David Gilmour
Hank Marvin
Pete Townsend
John Bonham
John Paul Jones
Tony Ashton
Tony Dorsey
Ronnie Lane

Wings%202.jpg
Wings%201.jpg
Wings%203.jpg

Snood top 3 or 4 Paul Albums.....................altho Dr Simple is perplexed by it :rolleyes:

Nice choice GOS :banana:

I bought this one as well and LOVE it! Since SpecWeb came out, I've been upmixing the entire Styx catalog... great separation in their recordings! The only one I'm still trying to find a good, uncompressed version of is "Crystal Ball".

The Now Mad Scientist Snood once knew..........to think just a few months ago we were both chasing dragonflies through the meadow

QQ what have you done to Skherbeck lol????!!! :mad:@:

Hey GOS,

If your laptop is running Windows 8 or 10, there is no longer native support for DVD playback included with these versions. :( One solution that seems to be pretty popular is the free VLC Media Player. I can't vouch for that one myself, as I use either JRiver Media Center (costs money) or Media Player Classic Home Cinema (free) to watch video on the PC.

Good luck,

-- Jim

Yes, I have windows 10...I read about that and downloaded VLC and still nothing. Yes, I have a DVD/CD drive... :) (external though)

Yes, I have windows 10...I read about that and downloaded VLC and still nothing. Yes, I have a DVD/CD drive... :) (external though)

Eh - I got it. First, I'm pretty sure I Need to make sure the external drive is PLUGGED IN CORRECTLY! LMAO.... Based on that....there is no "second"

:violin

David Gilmour
Hank Marvin
Pete Townsend
John Bonham
John Paul Jones
Tony Ashton
Tony Dorsey
Ronnie Lane

Wings%202.jpg

Love that album! A very under-rated LP. Here's footage from the session with that all-star lineup:

[video=youtube;6g1DDiLyQZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g1DDiLyQZk[/video]

Snood saw them on that Tour in Lakeland Civic Center............you know where that is Clint!

Nice concert but to theatrical...........Pieces of Eight & Grand Illusion still Snood faves :banana:

Interesting you say that as I bought the "Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight" live Blu-Ray a few years ago, and the over-the-top showmanship almost made me hurl. I couldn't stand it.

Today is Phil Manzanera's 65th birthday. I WISH that on a day like today we could all be enjoying the remix of "Roxy Music" in 5.1 surround that he helped to curate with Steven Wilson, but I guess we'll all have to settle for "Avalon" in surround. (or any of our other Roxy favorites in stereo) :)

Phil doesn't look as well as the other two (who both look great admittedly)... :(

Yeah, in case anyone's wondering why Phil's got a cane, when he was recovering from back surgery last year, he fell and fractured his foot, hence the cane to help him walk while his foot mends.
But you're right that Tony and Mike look so much better. I guess that's the difference between only having had one wife like they have had and Phil who's had three...

Yeah, in case anyone's wondering why Phil's got a cane, when he was recovering from back surgery last year, he fell and fractured his foot, hence the cane to help him walk while his foot mends.
But you're right that Tony and Mike look so much better. I guess that's the difference between only having had one wife like they have had and Phil who's had three...

Yeah - but we also know how deceiving a picture can be. He's got a scruffy beard....if he shaved....also he's wearing the Neil Young apparel.......so a little grunge going on. But yeah...based on the picture..the other 2 look better in general.

Yeah - but we also know how deceiving a picture can be. He's got a scruffy beard....if he shaved....also he's wearing the Neil Young apparel.......so a little grunge going on. But yeah...based on the picture..the other 2 look better in general.

It's not just that picture though. Watch the newest Genesis documentary "Sum of the Parts" or look at promo photos from that shoot, and the same will hold true. Some people just don't age as well as others, but regardless of all that, it really did warm my heart to see just how close they still are after all these years. :)

Back