Ripping Blu Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gene, as Ryan said, just go with the LPCM when available. One thing though, in DVDAE you can get song information from the freedb database by clicking the Get to download or upload metadata icon, next to the browse folder.

Saves a lot of time guessing which one to take. And especially with these YES and XTC bd-a's, a kind soul already provided all the info on the various mixes. :worthy

Don't know who did this, perhaps Neil Wilkes himself. Anyway the info is very accurate.

Oh wow! Excellent to know that. Thanks my good man.

These are all LPCM bds you are ripping? For DTSMA or Dolby TrueHD you can use Audiomuxer for instance. For these type of audio I use DVDAE to demux the streams and then Audiomuxer to convert to Flac.

Eh...not sure. For example, Bob Marley showed me the True HD option via DVD-AE, so I chose that. So simple. A couple others only had DTSMA, but within DVD-AE I selected LPCM. So as far as I can tell, DVD-AE does it all. I mean, I'm getting lossless each time.

Any user can upload his/her own entries from the DVDAE interface to the database (So if you are the first to do a disc then please upload your input for next users!)

Gene, although DVD-AE shows 'DTS 96kHz' if you convert to FLAC it will only do the core 48kHz lossy track (never the DTS HDMA lossless - at 96 or 48kHz)

OK, ran into my first snag. As you know, I'm using DVD-AE to rip these blu-rays. Tried to load up Gentle Giant Octopus. I guess this particular disc does not offer LPCM 5.1. It only has DTS HDMA and as others have stated, DVD-AE won't recognize this. So, the only option I see is DTS 5.1.

Soooo - can someone tell me by steps what I would have to do to get the lossless multi-channel layer? If you go to the bother, please don't skip steps because I really don't understand much of this. If it's not super easy, I won't figure it out unless someone spells it out. :) :)

Hi Gene, that DTs that you are seeing in DVDAE is actually the DTS MA stream.

Select that one. On the next screen, select Direct Demux, instead of convert to flac. DVDAE will rip the DTSMA as is, and saves it to the designated folder.

Do you have Audiomuxer already? If so, open Audiomuxer and select Convert Audio. Go to the folder where you have the DTSMA files, and select them all. On the right side of the Audiomuxer screen, you can select flac and the compression level. Choose that and convert. That should be it.

Bit of a quick write up. Sorry about that. I dont have more time today or tomorrow, however I am sure other QQers will help you out with screen shots etc.

Hi Gene, that DTs that you are seeing in DVDAE is actually the DTS MA stream.

Select that one. On the next screen, select Direct Demux, instead of convert to flac. DVDAE will rip the DTSMA as is, and saves it to the designated folder.

Do you have Audiomuxer already? If so, open Audiomuxer and select Convert Audio. Go to the folder where you have the DTSMA files, and select them all. On the right side of the Audiomuxer screen, you can select flac and the compression level. Choose that and convert. That should be it.

Bit of a quick write up. Sorry about that. I dont have more time today or tomorrow, however I am sure other QQers will help you out with screen shots etc.

Awesome. Yeah, I have Audiomuxer...never used it. I think your points are clear enough. I'll try. Thanks Robert

OK, I have the .dts files loaded into Audiomuxer...but there are too many boxes to check and I have no clue what they mean...

audiomuxer shot.jpg

Well, thought I"d quit being such a wuss and just try some hit and miss stuff. Crashed...what I ended up with was lossy according to Foobar. So - guess I'll need more direction. I'm such a noob with this stuff....

Foobar2000 will also convert dts HD demuxed files from DVDAE to FLAC (e.g. 96kHz). I am using the latest Foobar DTS plug-in. Foobar is a lot faster than Audiomuxer as is does multiple conversions concurrently.

Foobar2000 will also convert dts HD demuxed files from DVDAE to FLAC (e.g. 96kHz). I am using the latest Foobar DTS plug-in. Foobar is a lot faster than Audiomuxer as is does multiple conversions concurrently.

I have no clue if I have the latest DTS plug-in I guess. So, I just went ahead and just tried to convert a single song and it converted. Only when I play it, it's all jibberish. Very distorted sounding.

I have no clue if I have the latest DTS plug-in I guess. So, I just went ahead and just tried to convert a single song and it converted. Only when I play it, it's all jibberish. Very distorted sounding.

Top Menu: Help -> Check For Updated Components

fbcomp.PNG

Back