Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post morning run Chill Out.

Move D & Namlook - XIV • Raumland • Montage (DTS CD)

Namlook%20Raumland%20Montage_zpsdsuxozzn.jpg

David Gilmour - On an Island. Is this Andy's First surround mix?

I think it may have been his first Floyd-related surround mix that was released, but from what I know, his surround mix of "The Division Bell" was actually completed before "On An Island".

:)

George Gershwin: An American in Paris, Catfish Row, Promenade, Rhapsody In Blue, Cuban Overture

St. Louis Symphony Orchestra
Leonard Slatkin (conductor)
(MoFi SACD)

Last edited:
I think it may have been his first Floyd-related surround mix that was released, but from what I know, his surround mix of "The Division Bell" was actually completed before "On An Island".

Whoa, really?? I didn't know that. The Division Bell mix sat around on a shelf for that long??? :confused:

Also, RT, did you just barely get moderator status or have I just not been paying attention??

Also, RT, did you just barely get moderator status or have I just not been paying attention??

'Moderator status' was bestowed on me as of yesterday (08/19/2016) to help Jon with the Hi-Rez Spotlight section of the forum by creating new poll threads for high-res DVDA, SACD, and Blu-Ray discs as they are released.

"Silk Road Journeys: Where Strangers Meet"

Yo-Yo Ma
Silk Road Ensemble
(Sony SACD)

Beautiful, exotic music from Central Asia.
Discrete surround mix.

George Gershwin: An American in Paris, Cayfish Row, Promenade, Rhapsody In Blue, Cuban Overture

St. Louis Symphony Orchestra
Leonard Slatkin (conductor)
(MoFi SACD)

I've only just found out that Mobile Fidelity had released wonderful Quad recordings from the 70's about ten years ago. I just ordered two titles and I cannot wait to hear them.

I've only just found out that Mobile Fidelity had released wonderful Quad recordings from the 70's about ten years ago. I just ordered two titles and I cannot wait to hear them.

MoFi did an awesome job with those Quad titles on SACD. If only...

Well, you know the rest of the story.
Let's at least enjoy the wonderful MCH SACDs that MoFi DID produce. :brew

Back