Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great bargain for sure . Even in 2003 when I bought mine, as it was released alongside the cd, it cost me $35.00 before tax ! ( HMV was greedy back then ) :rolleyes:

well Fizzy, imho too many music labels and retailers made hay while the sun shone.. and when it started raining they found out to their - and our - detriment that their umbrella was full of holes.. :sun :(

Ordered, coming to California for $18.99.

well Marky I've no idea what it really is... so "don't shoot me.." if it turns out to be a bum steer...! :eek:

however, even if it turns out to "just" be the 5.1 mix in DTS CD or DVD-V form it'll be a keeper imho, cos the mix is terrific and the album's v.cool too (its one I played to deeeaaaath on CD.. and could not believe once I started really getting into MCh SACD that one of my fave 'new' albums of the last few years was in Surround! :banana: )

are the vocals mixed right upfront in the centre like this one, Fizzy?

Cool looking disc Freddie@the ready .:brew

You know, I gotta be honest . I never really listened to the surround placement verry close on that tune , but was enamoured with Baron-Cohen and Bonham-Carter 's performance , it's uniquely inviting and very , very, humourous .

Hopefully that Pure Audio provides their performance intact .

damn catchy tune !!! :mad:@: (y)

Cool looking disc Freddie@the ready .:brew

You know, I gotta be honest . I never really listened to the surround placement verry close on that tune , but was enamoured with Baron-Cohen and Bonham-Carter 's performance , it's uniquely inviting and very , very, humourous .

Hopefully that Pure Audio provides their performance intact .

damn catchy tune !!! :mad:@: (y)

oh Fizzy! you're the DTS HD Master of the 'owse, you is..! :D

well Fizzy, imho too many music labels and retailers made hay while the sun shone.. and when it started raining they found out to their - and our - detriment that their umbrella was full of holes.. :sun :(

Right on , cause now they are bankrupt !

In 2003 , DVDA was being heavily promoted , so most discs were around $20.00 . Adding 15 beanz to the average prices was not a good idea , especially for a disc in surround released same day as the cd .

Oh well , what was aint no more !

:howl

BTW , FREDERICO !!

Good catch on that Bryan Ferry link , hopefully EVERYONE gets that disc in surround, it's really that good .:D(y)

A must own must obtain-bugger the rent/mortgage type 'o buy.

"Master o dae 'owse " :mad:@:

BTW , FREDERICO !!

Good catch on that Bryan Ferry link , hopefully EVERYONE gets that disc in surround, it's really that good .:D(y)

A must own must obtain-bugger the rent/mortgage type 'o buy.

"Master of the 'owse " :mad:@:

Hope so too Fizzmeister!
I can't take credit, it was a member called emjayen over at the SHF first discovered the listing..
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/members/emjayen.8004/

(so they can be thanked/blamed accordingly if it turns out to be a dud or a doozie!) ;)

Yes, thank you very much for the Bryan Ferry link Freddie!!! :banana:

A little rapid eye movement on the sound system:

automatic_zpsbcgyclve.jpg

"Reelin In The Years" Steely Dan, Can't Buy A Thrill

Quad disc QS

That's another song drillin a 'ole in me 'ead ! :mad:@:

If you haven't heard the live version Boz, Michael, MacDonald, and Fagen in NYC , your missing out.....Jon Herrington's fret work is incredible on the solo.

20161104_183427.jpg

First listen to Magenta Seven...late to the party I know but like what I am hearing and looking forward to other titles I purchased Metamorphosis and twenty seven club

As you like Magenta, don't forget about Rob Reed's "Sanctuary" & "Sanctuary II", and his album as Kompendium "Beneath The Waves" they're :banana:

First listen to Magenta Seven...late to the party I know but like what I am hearing and looking forward to other titles I purchased Metamorphosis and twenty seven club

The morning sky looks so phony. Every silver lining has a 'Touch of Grey'

I know the rent is in arrears, the dog has not been fed in years, it's even worse than it appears, but it's alright! :upthumb

seems the cat's out of the bag..

is

:D

Now Playing:
Loreena McKennitt - Nights from the Alhambra

Any good?Hope mine arrives before Easter too.:)

Well, the vocals are not buried in the mix - that's for sure. It can be my setup - that have a problem - but the vocals are way to loud on several tracks. Maybe it is time to get me some Audacity-skills?

Other than that the fidelty and surround-mix are great.

Edit: Lowering the center channel with 6 dB makes it sound better.

Back