Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange the link doesn't seem to work now...maybe they have sold out of everything??

Not only that, but the entire Bryan Ferry webstore is down…Very peculiar…
What's also interesting is this is what someone said about the situation over on SHTV:
I ordered from the same site a few weeks ago for the $12.99 price and was surprised to receive the SACD version instead of the DVD-Audio. I'm not complaining at all. The 5.1 sounds amazing. Maybe even better than the Boys and Girls SACD. Not quite as good as Avalon though.

I really hope I receive either the DVDA or SACD. If not, there will be hell to pay, especially if I do not receive anything at all…

What's also interesting is this is what someone said about the situation over on SHTV:

I really hope I receive either the DVDA or SACD. If not, there will be hell to pay, especially if I do not receive anything at all…

Hmm.. a bit fishy perhaps.. trying not to presume too much but I went ahead and ordered it too and fwiw the invoice was from Townsend Records.. and the last time I tried to buy some interesting OOP SACDs they had listed for sale on their website (admittedly a few years ago now) turned out they didn't have any of them after all.

Just got an e-mail saying my Bryan Ferry dvd-a was dispatched :banana:

orlem_zpsvoc6bahr.jpg

:smokin

Just got an e-mail saying my Bryan Ferry dvd-a was dispatched :banana:

Ditto. We'll see what happens.

For what it's worth, Metallica had the Black Album DVD-Audio repressed and only sold it through their web store until the repressing sold out, so artist web stores are sometimes worth checking out for the goods.

Its a good album, I haven't played it in a while, thanks for reminding me of it :cool:

gotta admit.. if it wasn't for my "fantastic fear of everything" (pun... see movie), I'd contact this fellow canadian and offer her to mix a few studio albums of hers in 5.1...

anyone here want to be my agent and do the talking?!! :teleport:

on my dream list:

1991 - The Visit
1994 - The Mask and Mirror
1997 - The Book of Secrets
2006 - An Ancient Muse

if no composition or remastering were involved it'd be a breeze.. these albums already sound stellar as they are, and it'd be so much better than a live concert

she could offer those as downloads on her website, so she wouldn't have to worry about losing money (I work for Planter's peanuts, that I send to UNICEF ;))

gotta admit.. if it wasn't for my "fantastic fear of everything" (pun... see movie), I'd contact this fellow canadian and offer her to mix a few studio albums of hers in 5.1...

anyone here want to be my agent and do the talking?!! :teleport:

on my dream list:

1991 - The Visit
1994 - The Mask and Mirror
1997 - The Book of Secrets
2006 - An Ancient Muse

if no composition or remastering were involved it'd be a breeze.. these albums already sound stellar as they are, and it'd be so much better than a live concert

she could offer those as downloads on her website, so she wouldn't have to worry about losing money (I work for Planter's peanuts, that I send to UNICEF ;))

Did not know "Alhambra " was in 5.1 thanks 4 that .

Got "Book Of Secrets " with the 5.1 videos . Pic @ this thread post #35

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...15-YOUR-LOCAL-QUAD-AND-SURROUND-ARTISTS/page2

Did not know "Alhambra " was in 5.1 thanks 4 that .

Got "Book Of Secrets " with the 5.1 videos . Pic @ this thread post #35

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...15-YOUR-LOCAL-QUAD-AND-SURROUND-ARTISTS/page2

Perhaps it's not the greatest of surround mixes, and being in lossy DD on top of that... but it's something more to listen to!

So there's a Book of Secrets release with a bonus dvd?!!

oooooooooooooooooooo.. Let the hunt begin! ^_^

**after looking a little bit, I realized that this bonus DVD is now available (please correct me if I'm wrong) as a standalone called No Journey's End.. $10 on her website, NTSC or PAL options.. woo! :banana:

Last edited:

Just emailed to the TM Stores support regarding this Bryan Ferry DVD-A with a request to fix the link and also take a picture of the back cover. The answer was immediate.(y) The link now works again! But the most important thing is that it is really DVD-Audio, same as 2002 Virgin pressed disc in super jewel box!!!:banana::banana::banana:
So grab it while you can! And many thanks to fredblue for pointing to this fantastic deal! :cool:

Bryan Ferry DVD-A.jpg

Back