Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well in the UK Burning Shed has it for £120 and Amazon for £130. Was it Jesus who once said "No way, Jose".

The next Jethro Tull one Heavy Horses, at £32, is more expensive than the previous Jethro Tulls in the series, but its a quarter of the Roxy Music price! And the Jethro Tull has more content, and probably a better (though smaller) book. Its a strange world :mad:@:

Lossy 5.1 and no SW stereo mix is unforgivable at that price! The Tull sets started increasing in price with 'Too Old to Rock 'N' Roll' which I thought was down to the video included. SFTW Pre-order was less than £20, but it's now £35 more in line with 'Heavy Horses' but we're getting an extra disc again and the content is fantastic and still excellent value at £35. I always thought that the Tull sets were too cheap to be honest, no complaints though!

Whoever is in charge of pricing for this release has no clue with respect to a reasonable market value. Like someone stated previously, this is Roxy Music and not the Beatles. Most physical releases show up for pirating downloads. This is an unfortunate fact. So they are literally cutting off the nose to spite the face. There is a limited market for the physical sale which will be drastically reduced if this inflated price remains.

Same here. That sucks...
My amazon.com order is still hanging on, but that's probably a lost cause as well.
It will only be when that order gets cancelled that I will really raise hell.
Until then, I'm just gonna be vigilant and see how this all shakes out.

Well...keep in mind that Bridge Over Troubled Water is STILL listed on amazon...as TEMPORARILY out of stock.....they still don't know that the title is dead....so I wouldn't feel confident about them not letting you know yet about the price increase YET....but rest assured that amazon is not going to sell you that title for $100 less than the NEW price

I’m confused :confused: what am I missing here what could possibly justify the price of $160 for this set ?
Are the Brian’s personally inscribing the book? Are you getting first shot at a one off reunion show ?

As I posted earlier I am sitting this one out and I am a big Roxy Music fan. What is happening now with the prices makes me feel I did the right thing. Avalon was a hugely popular (and great) album for Roxy but the people that bought that did not start grooving to the Brian Eno period Roxy Music these are different animals.

My feeling is a year from now BestBuy will be blowing out this box set for $29.99. As someone above said this isn't the Beatles here and even the Sgt Pepper box set is obtainable well below its list price.
I just realized they are pricing Roxy Music well above the list price for Sgt Pepper.........is someone trying to feed their cocaine habit?

I’m confused :confused: what am I missing here what could possibly justify the price of $160 for this set ?
Are the Brian’s personally inscribing the book? Are you getting first shot at a one off reunion show ?

I just hope this backfires on them...I wish everybody would cancel their orders and wait until Feb and see what happens...what do you have to lose?...if Universal saw massive cancellations I'm sure they would change the price..

Let's see - Jethro Tull 'Heavy Horses' set with 3 CDs, 2 DVDs and book, $39 at Bull Moose ($50 list). Roxy Music set with 3 CDs, 1 DVD and book, $160 at Bull Moose ($190 list). This doesn't even remotely make sense. Does someone at the record company think that having a large format book and one less DVD justifies 4 times the price?!? I personally wouldn't pay more than $50 for this.

This just shows what an incredible bargain the XTC, Jethro Tull, Gentle Giant, King Crimson and Yes reissues have been.

This has been handled so poorly. I would have initially paid anything, but now I’m so pissed off I won’t be buying it. Great job record company.

This has been handled so poorly. I would have initially paid anything, but now I’m so pissed off I won’t be buying it. Great job record company.

We should all mail Universal and bring this up, this is beyond stupid. This is really a $50 piece, max. Christ.

This is crazy! I’m only slightly interested in this set, but since I got an order in to amazon at $89, I guess I’ll keep the order (Sorry, Clint... it will probably get cancelled anyway)

This is crazy! I’m only slightly interested in this set, but since I got an order in to amazon at $89, I guess I’ll keep the order (Sorry, Clint... it will probably get cancelled anyway)

It will PROBABLY get cancelled...LOL....if you think you are getting it at that price on amazon.....I have some Enron stock shares I would love to sell you...better yet..if you believe in miracles.....just order HERE

It will PROBABLY get cancelled...LOL....if you think you are getting it at that price on amazon.....I have some Enron stock shares I would love to sell you...better yet..if you believe in miracles.....just order HERE

He will get something in return if they do cancel. They have good customer service.

He will get something in return if they do cancel. They have good customer service.

It's true he may get something...I have many times with them...and in this case...it's not their fault...BUT...just because a company gives you something to compensate for their shortcomings..IMO..it doesn't equate to good customer service..5 years ago I would have agreed with you that amazon had good customer service...but not anymore..sometimes these "gifts" don't make up for the amazon mistakes..

It's true he may get something...I have many times with them...and in this case...it's not their fault...BUT...just because a company gives you something to compensate for their shortcomings..IMO..it doesn't equate to good customer service..5 years ago I would have agreed with you that amazon had good customer service...but not anymore..sometimes these "gifts" don't make up for the amazon mistakes..

We will see...

The downside of course with all these cancellations of this ridiculously priced LOSSY boxset is future and much more worthy ROXY music 5.1 remixes, but hey, if this is the game they're going to play.........SO WHAT.

This album is NOT prime ROXY by any stretch and glad I didn't take the bait and pre~order it.

One can buy an awful lot of LOSSLESS 5.1 remixes for this kind of money, IMO.

There mere thought of having AVALON released as a LOSSY 5.1 remix after the magnificent LOSSLESS SACD is another depressing thought. There should be a clause in Steve Wilson's contract that ALL of his remixes should be on BD~A. He certainly has earned that clout.

Hell, I just received XTC's Black Sea [RBCD/BD~A/V SW remix] for $16, delivered, and it certainly is superior, IMO, to Roxy's first album.

Back