Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daughter 'Michelle', Daughter-in-law 'Angelica' are having a pre-Xmas bash in the room next to my Man cave.
Think my JD and Canadian Club have been removed from the liquor cupboard, damn, forgot to set the combination lock!!;)

So to entertain them, well me...Beatles the White Album. (As its going to be a late one I reckon)

And if you listen very carefully, they are singing Christmas Carols in surround!!:):):SG

That's the slightly intoxicated cats choir..so it is:love::love::love:

Does my daughter take after me?..you Betcha (soz Mich!!)

Last edited:
Porcupine Tree: Fear Of A Dark Planet (DVDA 5.1)

R-1789025-1353099181-5918.jpeg.jpg

Now, if Rhino/Warner would release Aretha's LIVE AT FILLMORE WEST in 4.0? Whoppee!

I'd support that. I have the CD-4 LP- it's one of those rare live mixes that's actually discrete, not just ambience. The Q8 is pretty rare and is said to be riddled with all kinds of mastering errors, such as swapped channels and phase inversion. Still it's a pretty obscure title and given that Rhino/Warner didn't see much success with The Best Of Aretha Franklin Quadio DVD, I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon.

jackson_q8.jpg

^^ If Rhino/Warner were to give us one and only one more quad title, I'd want it to be this one (unless they could dig up some uber-rare unreleased title like the Eagles' debut or Desperado).

Last edited:
Really that good? I'm intrigued!
For sure. I was counting earlier tonight and have about 190 concerts or so...I'd say top 3 even, right up there with The Eagles Farewell and The Doobies at Wolf Trap. It's got the 3 things you look for here, great PQ, AQ and of course the music.:LB:LB:LB

For sure. I was counting earlier tonight and have about 190 concerts or so...I'd say top 3 even, right up there with The Eagles Farewell and The Doobies at Wolf Trap. It's got the 3 things you look for here, great PQ, AQ and of course the music.:LB:LB:LB
I think it's a great concert and it sounds pretty good too, but it doesn't really have any surround activity at all, which is par for the course for most concerts, and the bottom end is extremely light too. But it is a great show with great tunes from a great band! :dance

Listening to now: Thick as a Brick :smokin

Back